Sign in to follow this  
Snake'nS

ARMA AI

I propose to debate here about the IA in armed assualt, to share videos of whow interacts, i think that it is the most important point of the game.

I would like to hear some testimonies about it of the people that is enjoyng the game right now!

Thanks and sory for mi english!

Well, sory guys, in spanish IA = inteligencia artificial, in english = Artificial Inteligence....

I did not realize that i wrote bad.

Some mod please correct the title.

Glad you started this thread as i've been scouring the net to get any player feedback on AI with no detailed accounts. I take this as a bad sign as I think if things like cover, intelligent suppresion and the like were implemented we would have heard about it.

I thought i read that the AI is highly scriptable in ARMA so I hope that modders will have more luck than they did with OFP.

Really I could care less about graphics, modded OFP level was fine, for me it's all about the gameplay.

Take a look in the ArmA video thread, Shadak posted a video that demonstrates a few of the promised inclusions to AI. I guess the only way to explain it and believe it is to see it for yourself. It's very impressive.

It looks the same to me, with some simple comands and waypoints you can get them working much better, this usually helps me:

{_x setunitpos "kneel"} foreach units group this

And if you use "staggered formation" on 4 guys they will form a square with the last guy covering the back when the fireteam stops.

I noticed the leapfrog in the movie but while they were being shot at from the right one of the soldiers was covering the left biggrin_o.gif .

I am curious if flashbang reaction can be implemented now that the a.i. is more easily editable, this would have been a nice adition smile_o.gif .

Shadak's videos are indeed very impressive. A huge step from OFP.

Besides, just wait what will happen since AI is now moddable.

Everyone keeps refering to Shadak's videos, but which one in particular shows improved AI?

*EDIT* Just found one new one (the 40 second fixed cam view of a squad). Are there any other videos showing AI?

they are improved indeed, it looks like they are using the same style/formation and structure as the VBS2.

At least it looks similar.

but note that the group fired trought the leader, they killed their own leader. provinf that ai are really really agressive and determinated no mater what.. they really want to do their job even if they have to kill their own leader.

but note that the group fired trought the leader, they killed their own leader. provinf that ai are really really agressive and determinated no mater what.. they really want to do their job even if they have to kill their own leader.

No, Bravo6. Look again. Three round burst from the enemy killed the leader.

The shadak videos show a clear improvement over OFP. At one point (35sec), both squads are behind cover. Only a bush, still something.. The single troop near the road clearly ran up and took up a position behind the tree\bush.

ok, ive noticed it..

but animation is kinda buggy.. he should drop dead faster.. but looks like he needed to end the 1st animation to start the 2nd (drop dead)

okay.. i have been reading these forums for 2 hours now...and i still have not found the answer to my question...

HOW DOES THE AI WORK WITH BUILDINGS!!!!

will they actually go in, and clear houses and such?

because i was really looking forward to using the zombie mod and actually having some indoor stuff.. cause in reg ofp the zombies just dance around.. then walk through the wall.. then eat you.

huh.gif

Remembering how annoying it was in OFP when you played as tank commander to see that the AI crew of the tank was sometime not responsive enough to your orders, as they waited a sentence to be finished before :

Does the AI in tanks now immediately act according to your orders ?

What I'm curious about is commanding! I thought a whole new command system was supposed to be in place - how does it work and how does the new AI react to it? Can you tell the individual AI to surpress and tell them where to flank?

What I'm curious about is commanding! I thought a whole new command system was supposed to be in place - how does it work and how does the new AI react to it? Can you tell the individual AI to surpress and tell them where to flank?

I would like to know about that too. Can an individual AI be told to cover a certain direction ?

Old OFP you could do that. You could use the numbered command system, target, watch direction, watch SW. Or you could hold alt and click in the direction you wanted the AI to cover.

I'm also curious more about the AI.

I was pretty sure reading in interviews and such that there would be a greatly improved intelligent design + command menu of the AI. So far what I have seen is somewhat impressive, but not a huge step. confused_o.gif

If its intuative to use, does it HAVE to look completely different?

I read in an old interview that Arma featured larger groups (more than 12) and that we could cycle thru them using the F11/F12 keys.

Nobody posted about the max group size yet. I would like to know this, how many units can a infantry squad now have? smile_o.gif .