Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505's ArmA Special Edition - What ya want?

Editing software (like, Oxygen, Visitor, etc)

Editor's guide

ArmA or BIS Mug

Military style case, like an ammo box, preferably with not too many stickers/writing on it, so that it can be used for other stuff, without looking like a nerd whistle.gif

Large laminated tactical grid map, for marking enemy positions ,or maybe using it for Arty strikes smile_o.gif If the maps are standard mil size ,I have my own roll up cases.

soundtrack cd

A detailed manual on weps/vehicles that reads like an army pocket reference manual. And instructions how to navigate with or "without maps" day or night.... the downed pilot mission comes to mind wink_o.gif

Maybe a mil rucksack / light backpack with BIS/AA logo...something we can actually use in public.

Boonie hat or officers hat with logo.

A newspaper explaining the events on the Island .... anyone remember DEUS EX with the newspaper in it? Made you really get into the story.

A compass would be cool, as long as it was a mil spec compass.

The DVD game case could come packed in a weapons magazine pouch.

Not to flashy, but that's all i can think of right now.

WTH do people want compasses, backpacks, pouches for? Its a game. None of these things is going to help you play it. Yes, a nice presentation case, maybe a promo t-shirt or Mug and a laminated map I can understand. Why push up the price to get some cheap tacky collectables which serve no useful purpose. If you want that sort of stuff, go to a surplus store.

No spako copy protection......It either works without a CD on my LAN or it stays in the shop.

and perhaps a bonus buddy Cd key so I can go online with friends as well as just play on my LAN.

I dont want anything. I just want a DVD with the game on it. And a manual, possibly, but as I have OFP im pretty sure I can find my way around the game.

I dont want anything. I just want a DVD with the game on it. And a manual, possibly, but as I have OFP im pretty sure I can find my way around the game.

Then buy the normal version wink_o.gif

I'm beginning to think likewise.

It's frustrating to see all the nice photos from Czech version and most of us still have to wait, god knows how long actually. February ?.

I would pay the special edition price for just ArmA game image by now without manuals or covers. tounge2.gif

Now this is good opportunity to 505 to make some easy money is it ? Wink,wink

I know there are lot's of other OFP fanatics who would do the same thing.

I'd like a finished game...

so that means 505 should ignore all those whining about it being released in February.... oh what, dont like the truth? wink_o.gif

Finished game? It'll never be finished, patches will only make it better. This is for the Special Edition, so if just want the game buy a standard version banghead.gif

Finished game? It'll never be finished, patches will only make it better. This is for the Special Edition, so if just want the game buy a standard version banghead.gif

im quite aware what this thread is for, no need to get hissy wink_o.gif

I was poking fun at the last 400 posts that people keep moaning about getting the game early, getting no starforce etc... I rather it be released when 505 have already stated (including the SE edition, which I assume will be released at the same time as the full game) as it will mean a 'more finished' game, rather than the apparently quite buggy and unfinished nature of the CZ version. If people want the game earlier than that, buy a CZ or German version.

but you obviously failed to grasp that

OK I would like to see.

ArmA boxer shorts

ArmA line of fine fragrences for men

ArmA alarm clock

Poster

For Poland I would like a special box with a starforce-free ArmA inside notworthy.gif

That is possibly the only thing that I would be glad to pay extra money for...

this is my first post by the way.  i would like something like the denmark special edition, the vest would come handy, since i could use it for my airsoft games and stuff, if it dsnt include a vest or something of that sort, i will just buy the normal edition.

Starforce clean Armed Assault

Big poster of a naked woman(Jessica Alba prefered)

Correction: 5 huge posters of naked women (although Jessica Alba is still preferred) biggrin_o.gif

Why would people be requesting a paper manual ? you only read the thing once.Don't waste paper on that.

I only pull it out for the cdkey, i believe i accidently threw it away when i first had the game

Keyboard chart doesn't really work nowadays,maybe to get started but you usually define your keys how you want

Paper things like maps,editor functions,lists are the most things usefull

WTH do people want compasses, backpacks, pouches for? Its a game. None of these things is going to help you play it. Yes, a nice presentation case, maybe a promo t-shirt or Mug and a laminated map I can understand. Why push up the price to get some cheap tacky collectables which serve no useful purpose. If you want that sort of stuff, go to a surplus store.

Reason for the compass. Its so when you have finished playing with the game in the early hours of the morning, you can find your way back to your bed.

The backpacks will be used for packed lunches, so that when you go to play the game, you won't have to make a visit to the fridge when your stomach desires food.

Are the 505 chaps still listening, or is it too late for this poll to be of any use?

I'm hearing a lot of support for the "really really big" map. If it can be big enough to draw paths around both sides of a little building, then excellent. I'd definitely want one of those for tactical planning at a LAN.

There's also been a lot of mentions of a compass, even though they're entirely pointless. How about a compass that isn't pointless then?

How about a USB compass that spins while your ingame character spins? Tell me that wouldn't be awesome biggrin_o.gif

Anything that can be obtained from an army surplus store, I'd prefer to do so myself. Gimmicks, uniforms, ammo boxes? Waste of money for a lot of people. I'd like to only see things that you can't get elsewhere, and have a use in the game. A coupon/hat for TrackIR would indeed be handy.

I dont think they have ever have been listening. I don't think they will even look at this and consider what people want. I might be wrong but i belive this thread is just to see what people would of liked if they had a choice. Does anyone know if Morphicon is putting a German to English Translator in there's or The Everything Learning German Book: Speak, Write and Understand Basic German in No Time by Edward Swick.

Dudester, Quit posting while high.

I'd also like to voice my support for the soundtrack CD. It's easy and cheap to make, unlike a 400 page manual.

Dudester, Quit posting while high.

I'd also like to voice my support for the soundtrack CD.  It's easy and cheap to make, unlike a 400 page manual.

By high what do you mean StonedFish, sorry i mean stoneFish

The mod tools contained on a bonus disc, to save you from having to go find them