Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience v0.3

Quote[/b] ]M41 and M551 have unique p3d model, M48 is BIS model but we have new model coming in the next release, for which I don't have any dates.

btw: Have anyone find any new bugs which we could fix in the next release?

Except this :

Quote[/b] ]

-Issue with M551 muzzle flash : a part of the mg muzzle dont move with the turret (when i fire let's say on the left a part of the muzzle still appear as i fire straight in front)

-Issue with M24 chaffee : the gun barrel model don't move with the turret : the shot is moving well but the barrell is still in front of the tank

And the same for M41,

I notice nothing.....

Ah ! and for the LVTP5, ROC mod have released two variants in their last beta, even if the camo is strange for me....

(Someone already told that on this forum)

Thanks. Those bugs are in the bugs list now so hopefully they get fixed in the update.

Yeah I have to agree. We need those back.

I understand the reasoning but when my ass is in the grass and I'm in the mother of all firefights, I want to know if somebody is flanking me.

Hell, I'll try to get a whole new set of non radio spoken commands if you want. Only need 12 really. I can do three myself and that just leaves 3 more voice actors to do 3 each. What do you say?

For guys who want to get themselfs killed because AI is queuing the orders, we will include also the config that has the voices in as optional config. The default install of course remains as is, you just need to copy the radio voices on config in its place then.

Excellent mod, I've just got a couple of issues with the Russian SMGs, if that doesn't sound too whiny.

- PPSh41 and PPD40 both had clips of 71 rounds, not 75. It's a very small, almost cosmetic issue, I know, but it slightly bugs me.

- PPS43 wasn't a selective fire weapon. The PPD and PPSh could both be fired either semi-auto or full auto, but the PPS43 was only able to fire fully automatic - it had a clip size of 35 rounds, and fired slightly slower than the PPSh, to keep recoil down.

- Again, slightly cosmetic, but it'd be great if the sound could be sorted out with these weapons. Instead of a "chud" kind of sound, it was more a high-pitched crack - here's a clip of a PPSh being fired to show you what I mean http://www.ppsh41.com/ppshmgp.MPG

Oh and another slightly boring point - the SLR was fired as either a semi-auto or burst weapon. Whilst they were often modded to be fully automatic, it was highly frowned upon, and buggered them up mechanically, hence I don't think that the SAS units would have done so.

Cheers if you read my horribly whiny post, even if you don't act upon it.

Excellent mod, I've just got a couple of issues with the Russian SMGs, if that doesn't sound too whiny.

JAM 3 doesn't have exact magazines like this. We could of course make our own, but so far I decided just to use the closest match from JAM3.

I have saved your feedback in our development files and hopefully we could modify them a bit someday.

JAM 3 doesn't have exact magazines like this. We could of course make our own, but so far I decided just to use the closest match from JAM3.

I have saved your feedback in our development files and hopefully we could modify them a bit someday.

Ah ok, that's fair enough. If it's a JAM3 issue then I can understand your problem to a great extent.

Anyway - great mod, and best of luck with it if you're, for some reason, crazy enough to keep developing it (there's already a lot in this mod - what more could you even add?)

keep developing it (there's already a lot in this mod - what more could you even add?)

Its not what to add, but what to improve.

Its not what to add, but what to improve.

Aye, makes sense, really.

Urmm well another slightly minor point - the CAR15 was also available with a 20-round clip, and it would make the SEALs with M16 mags in their backpacks a great deal more useful if you could allow the weapon to be reloaded with such clips.

Obviously, if this is another JAM3 issue, then fair enough and I'm sorry for wasting your time.

CAR-15 is safe-semi-auto, as is M-16A1, so there shouldn't be a problem with JAM, you just let the CAR-15 eat the 20 round 5.56x45mm automatic-capable magazines.

To my knowledge, 20-round mags were the most common, and typically loaded with 18 rounds, which JAM won't allow. The 30-round magazines were not common until war's end, judging from the books about LRRPs, Rangers, SEALs, and MACV-SOG that I've read, as well as a handful of accounts belonging to helicopter pilots, Infantry, Armour, and Artillery fellows.

Perhaps it's just me missing them in the selection, but the MACV-SOG units that are in VTE all wear OD Green. Normally this'd be fine, but an improvement would be to "Vietnam-ize" a handful of fellows with black PJs or NVA jackets and the like, equip them with AKs, which was reportedly rather commonly done.

We would need some research reference pictures / information for the US M35 trucks. itim_tuko from Conflict Zone Mindanao is modeling these trucks and needs some reference, so lets all help.

Perhaps it's just me missing them in the selection, but the MACV-SOG units that are in VTE all wear OD Green. Normally this'd be fine, but an improvement would be to "Vietnam-ize" a handful of fellows with black PJs or NVA jackets and the like, equip them with AKs, which was reportedly rather commonly done.

IIRC you can equip them with AK47s, they're one of the selectable unit types, but yeah, they're not Vietnam-ised.

It was a time/filesize vs usefullness in not making Sog units in black pj's or NVA uniforms. It's not like I didn't want to, but if you look at the total number of custom units you'd know why. I couldn't include every single variation for each type of unit of the pack would have been way too big. It's too big as it is. 75 total custom unit models!!! Lol.

If you look at the SOG units be happy they really are Sog units and not just some other SF type unit model with Sog as a name. I could have spray painted the OD uniform, like they did but thought 99% of the people would think it was a screwup. At least they have stabo rigging, some have chicom chest rigs, sleeve pockets, etc. I was pretty damn happy with them as the version I did is as accurate as you can get, lol. I just didn't do every variation for every single unit type in the mod. You'd need a SOG only mod to really do them right. Same with the SEALs.

Quote[/b] ]Oh and another slightly boring point - the SLR was fired as either a semi-auto or burst weapon. Whilst they were often modded to be fully automatic, it was highly frowned upon, and buggered them up mechanically, hence I don't think that the SAS units would have done so.

SLR's were only able to fire on semi-automatic and not bursts, though some were indeed modified to fire on automatic.

The good thing about the SLR being semi auto is that it good pack a larger punch and still be fireable, unlike the M16 or AK47/74

When I start Vietnam : the experience

It writes error ags_inds/config.cpp/ags_whouse2.ladders: ',' encountered instead of ';'

What happend??

VTE does not use AGS stuff. You have not correctly installed VTE as mod dir, or are using also other mod dirs when launching OFP.

Please re-read the readme and our VTE Install Help page. Thank you.

Your ags_inds config has error.Open it's config.cpp and search line you described.Then compare with other lines and you should find error(. instead of wink_o.gif.

Your ags_inds config has error.Open it's config.cpp and search line you described.Then compare with other lines and you should find error(. instead of wink_o.gif.

But when I start OPF with any other MOD (or without) it func without any errors!!!!

But when I start OPF with any other MOD (or without) it func without any errors!!!!

Sounds to me that you have ags_inds pbo in the ofp/addons folder. Simply move it elsewhere, along with any non-bis addon from that folder. I'm a bit sceptical tho that something like this could happen but who knows.