Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience v0.3

It works biggrin_o.gif

It can be started and stopped too. I added 2 actions on the player to create and to delete the gamelogic. Working fine smile_o.gif

But! It seems to me that the mist is working on an area. In some cases it is ok, if you want to make mist on a river, but none on shore, or similar. But I want an effect if there is mist there is everywhere (mostly because I don't know where the player will go, especially not on which route). I know I can make a looping script and at some intervals setpos the logic on the player, but I'm interested in a more elegant solution. Idea?

I know about fog, but I want to combine it with mist to have a creepy feeling.

Unfortunately even setpossing a logic on the player wont work, as the script(s) put the initial position of the logic into a variable which will be used for the rest of the script.

VTE_objects\scripts\VTE_watermist.sqs was an attempt at what you might want, but it grew too difficult and my brain said pop. Later on Sentinel adapted the script in some fashion into nimod, you might find something better from that mod for creating the fog in a classy way where the player might go.

If you want to do it yourself, you can run

[logicname] exec "VTE_objects\scripts\VTE_watermist_single.sqs"

in a script which creates, moves and deletes logics in a loop, perhaps several at a time to create enough to cover possible routes the player might take.

That should be really easy for you, but PM me if I babbled like the lunatic I am  crazy_o.gif

Thanks MI_Fred

I think I understood your suggestion and probably I'll try that, but for me it seems that the mist works ok for now. I'll test it more. Anyway, thanks for the help smile_o.gif

Without the loop I mentioned, I walked out of the mist at about 100-200m. Currently it seems that it's larger. But if it's true what you say, then this isn't the case.

Crap!

You were right, Fred. I'll just try to implement you suggestion.

It seems that the mist finally works.

It looks like there isn't a

Quote[/b] ]"VTE_objects\scripts\VTE_watermist_single.sqs"

because I got an error. Didn't bother to search for it, because here is a VERY simple solution:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#startTrack

? (DayTime < 7) || (DayTime > 17) : GDC_MistLogic = "VTE_Mistlogic2" createVehicle getpos player

~5

deleteVehicle GDC_MistLogic

goto "startTrack"

Triggerred from init.sqs and voila! I've put in a time check, for it not to appear during the day. Of course this can be easily extended by for example 4 mist logics around the player, in case if you travel fast and get out of the cloud. Usually where is mist there is fog too, so you won't see too far in the distance. For me this is enough  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks guys, this means a lot to me!

Are there any servers that play this?

Also, are there any MP Missions that are available to download?

Also, are there any MP Missions that are available to download?

If you dont know, there are 14 MP missions included in the release, but I dont know any MP missions for download.

I`m getting warning message: "Addon "VTE_Isles" requires addon "VTE_Sebobj"

You guys know whats wrong with this? Moreover, on some islands game`s complaining about other "SEB" related objects but after clicking OK it launches the island with no textures on. Absolutely white.

Need help:)

I can only wonder how much it took for you guys to endure and how much time it took to create such a beautiful mod i mean its just one of those DAYMNNN!!!!!! mods as i like to call

Sorry to barge in at last orders so to speak but can one safely assume this is going to be THE Vietnam MOD for flashpoint, and the sort of benchmark one everyone will now go by?

There are at least two other popular vietnam mods : "unsung" and "jungle fever".

I get the impression that VTE is a compilation of the best of/all available vietnam addons into one big mod. It's much easier and smarter to say your mission requires VTE0.3 rather than 30 or so individual addons. Having said that, different people will always prefer different addons.

Quote[/b] ]I`m getting warning message:  "Addon "VTE_Isles" requires addon "VTE_Sebobj"

You guys know whats wrong with this? Moreover, on some islands game`s complaining about other "SEB" related objects but after clicking OK it launches the island with no textures on. Absolutely white.

You did something wrong while installing VTE v0.3, check the install help page and try again.

Quote[/b] ]but can one safely assume this is going to be THE Vietnam MOD for flashpoint, and the sort of benchmark one everyone will now go by?

This is the "sequel of SEB NAM Pack 2" and the most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam mod ever created to OFP.

Download it, take a look whats inside (should take you few days) and decide for yourself...

Quote[/b] ]I get the impression that VTE is a compilation of the best of/all available vietnam addons into one big mod.

But dont make the mistake of thinking that we just RAR packed up some addons from ofp.info, that couldn't be more further from the truth.

I have spend sleepless night editing most models in O2 to fix several bugs and even added more resolution LODs etc, not to mention all the config.cpp work and such. This is so much more than just compilation of some addons.

I did rethink it several times, and the hassle of setting all camo faces for each unit in the editor was less appealing to me than the chance of more than one unit in a group having the same face.

The only faces set with scripts, or "hardcoded" are the camo'd units.

I think you need to rethink why this is such an issue as I never notice it during gameplay.

It stays unless Snake has an issue with it.

Ebud, surely you understand the issue here. If I want to have characters in a mission or campaign, I need their faces to be the same, mission to mission. You get me, right?

The best Vietnam Wars expiriences in video games ever. notworthy.gif Well I love see all this stuff in ArmA too. pistols.gif

The best Vietnam Wars expiriences in video games ever.  notworthy.gif  Well I love see all this stuff in ArmA too.  pistols.gif

Yup!

Best thing is ArmA already features palmtrees, tropical bushes and even some bamboo huts.

I just need the ArmA island editor and holidays for 2 weeks biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Best thing is ArmA already features palmtrees, tropical bushes and even some bamboo huts.

But it's nothing compared to VTE elephant grass thrill smile_o.gif

I did rethink it several times, and the hassle of setting all camo faces for each unit in the editor was less appealing to me than the chance of more than one unit in a group having the same face.

The only faces set with scripts, or "hardcoded" are the camo'd units.

I think you need to rethink why this is such an issue as I never notice it during gameplay.

It stays unless Snake has an issue with it.

Ebud, surely you understand the issue here. If I want to have characters in a mission or campaign, I need their faces to be the same, mission to mission. You get me, right?

Yes, I get it. I'm sorry, but at this point there is no way it will change or be updated. I understand why you'd want to be able to apply specific faces to specific units for missions, but the advantages of the those faces and automatic camo/asian faces far outweighted the negatives for me, but I'm sure a better solution can be be found for ARMA. I haven't touched OFP in a couple weeks and I doubt I ever will again. ARMA ruined it for me. All the time invested in VTE out the window, lol. After playing ARMA I can never go back to OFP.

You guys still around?

Yes.

Quote[/b] ]What's up with your VTE forum?

I don't understand the question... nothings up with the forum it runs as its supposed to be.

Of course if you mean that you just now logged on there after several weeks, yeah sure you see its changed, but all old user accounts (and then some) have been converted from the old forum. Now it runs with php+mysql which is very powerful compared to the old awful yabb.

PMC Tactical will be one kickass OFP and ArmA site due time.

What patch? smile_o.gif

Yeah I do have that known bugs list, its not too big, not have any criticals on it, so we're all good. Yes there will be patch coming most likely, but when and how is another matter.

I just wanted to know...

Does these tanks (M48, M41, M551...) have "unique P3D model"? Or do they just use some OFP original models?

M41 and M551 have unique p3d model, M48 is BIS model but we have new model coming in the next release, for which I don't have any dates.

btw: Have anyone find any new bugs which we could fix in the next release?

Thats no AAV7 but an LVTP5.

I dont know if anyone makes one, but the LVTP5 Howitzer version will be done by the CZM Mod. Unfortunatly its the last one on my list so you have to wait some months, but when its ready VTE will get the model.