Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience v0.3

This update is literally beyond words. I always download the others, only to delete them after lag, and just outdated models, etc. But this honestly lives up to the name, vietnam the experience. It's an experience unlike any other for OFP. My only gripe is that the towns could have had a little more TLC wink_o.gif

For french soldier ask to occitania (on ofrp forum) if you can modify and use his addons...

Nothing to do for plane's gear ?

Soldiers don t speak when i say something, it s very strange, no way to put the original flash voice?

Hi ! first i want to say it's a must have mod. Just great.

Nox it's not a complain but a bug report, in order to help you :

(my OFP version 1.96) just vte installed and running

-Issue with M551 muzzle flash : a part of the mg muzzle dont move with the turret (when i fire let's say on the left a part of the muzzle still appear as i fire straight in front)

-Issue with M24 chaffee : the gun barrel model don't move with the turret : the shot is moving well but the barrell is still in front of the tank

-issue with voice : i can't hear any order or radio told by soldier (for example i can't ear "oh no ! 2 is down") The green text is appearing as usual but i hear nothing. But the blue radio speak in (mission makers radio sound) this i ear perfectly.

And now some request :

SOund of V150 commando machinegun is old BIs. Could you please put the M113 sound or placeholder LVTP5 ? Generally if you can standardize the sounds....

Maybe i'm wrong but i don't have seen the stoner machine gun (M43 if i remmember) ?

One more time great work thanks

The M24 and M41 are identical, with identical problems. The turret turns and the gun doesn't.

Quote[/b] ]Nothing to do for plane's gear ?

Sorry what planes gear?

Some plane has landing gear that is not working or?

Quote[/b] ]Soldiers don t speak when i say something, it s very strange, no way to put the original flash voice?

-issue with voice : i can't hear any order or radio told by soldier (for example i can't ear "oh no ! 2 is down") The green text is appearing as usual but i hear nothing.

As it was posted on the release announce

Removed radio comms voices (like in WGL).

Why remove them? Well all group commands you give are delayed until no other voices/comms are played. So when you tell your guys to open fire or target this/that enemy, there might be many seconds delay because other sounds are played at that time... by the time your group gets the orders and react... you could already be dead.

Its not a bug, its a feature.

Quote[/b] ]-Issue with M551 muzzle flash : a part of the mg muzzle dont move with the turret (when i fire let's say on the left a part of the muzzle still appear as i fire straight in front)

-Issue with M24 chaffee : the gun barrel model don't move with the turret : the shot is moving well but the barrell is still in front of the tank

Thanks for reporting those, will get fixed.

Quote[/b] ]SOund of V150 commando machinegun is old BIs. Could you please put the M113 sound or placeholder LVTP5 ? Generally if you can standardize the sounds....

Yes I'll make sure the machineguns will get checked and sounds set to same standard for all the same weapons.

Quote[/b] ]i don't have seen the stoner machine gun (M43 if i remmember) ?

You mean M63A Stoner? If thats what you're looking for then the check out SEAL group's on the editor as one of them have it. Or simply put unit "SEAL (M63A)" into editor and you'll see it.

If you want to put this weapon for your soldier, the classname is VTE_m63a and magazine name is VTE_m63aMag then. That is one mean machine gun smile_o.gif

Some plane have gear down when i put on the map in air.

How can we put the voice on if we dislike this feature?

Very good work (and sorry for my "english")

Quote[/b] ] Here is the list of placeholders, they clearly indicate ingame and in mission editor so when you look at them.

Type 63 Self Propelled AA (t55 fia) - VTE_Type63AA

SU-76 Self Propelled Gun (t55 fia) - VTE_SU76

K-63 (m113) - VTE_K63

LVTP-5 (m113) - VTE_LVTP5

M48A3 Patton (M60) - VTE_M48

If anyone in the community knows someone/Mod whos done these models, please let us know. If any modeler is interested of modelling any of the above models, please let us... yeah know. We and NAM scene would much appreciate.

The LCWF MOD has a very nice M48a3 in its South Korean Army pack.

Link: Look here

Quote[/b] ]Quote

Soldiers don t speak when i say something, it s very strange, no way to put the original flash voice?

-issue with voice : i can't hear any order or radio told by soldier (for example i can't ear "oh no ! 2 is down") The green text is appearing as usual but i hear nothing.

As it was posted on the release announce

Removed radio comms voices (like in WGL).

Why remove them? Well all group commands you give are delayed until no other voices/comms are played. So when you tell your guys to open fire or target this/that enemy, there might be many seconds delay because other sounds are played at that time... by the time your group gets the orders and react... you could already be dead.

Its not a bug, its a feature.

Ooops ! sorry, i have'nt noticed.... well i understand the reason (and i approve) but i think (personnal advice) we loose an immersive feature of the game. By the way i apologize, usually i read the readme.

That's an M48A5 wink_o.gif.

The M48A3 has a very distinctive T-shaped muzzle brake.

isaksson_m48a3_2.jpg

m48a2cfront.jpg

True. The one on the picture is an A5. But in the pack there is also an A3.

Oh? My bad in that case, I'll be sure to check out the pack.

Thanks for letting me know, will be checking out the pack.

nice looking new soldier models biggrin_o.gif but the islands lag like no bodies business and the grass on most of them make them almost unplayable... sad_o.gif

I made a mistake, forget to write into the readme credits two items.

Vibes & Hugo the clown from WWIIEC - Jimmy truck.  

Laser - CAR15s.

nice looking new soldier models biggrin_o.gif but the islands lag like no bodies business and the grass on most of them make them almost unplayable... sad_o.gif

On my old machine I ran it all at 500 view and 1026 x 768 no AA etc no dxdll, and had a p4 266 768 ram and 126 ati vid card and it ran fine.

What are your specs and what are your settings? I find it hard to believe that it really is unplayable on something similar running similar settings.

Looking good.

Two initial probs - AAO missed config update, so now AI don't land on an airfield and a lot of town names, etc, are in the wrong spots. MDSZ missed the wrp update, which means grass, etc, is all over the roads. Pls fix in next version I guess smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]type 63 Self Propelled AA (t55 fia) - VTE_Type63AA

K-63 (m113) - VTE_K63

If anyone in the community knows someone/Mod whos done these models, please let us know.

LVTP7 - Pedagne mod http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/web_Addons/ASZ_LVTP7.zip

M48A3 Patton ( Vietnam Era ) by Gordak. But only info and screen http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=5461

ZSU-57-2 Red Hammer Studios

http://www.flashpoint.ru/newsimages/Tex/RHSbtrzsu/_rhszsu4.jpg

Are there any servers at all that runs this mod in Multiplayer?

Its annoying to play alone , with so great mod like this.

Please if you find any give me the IP.

Thx.

Snuffy

xmas_o.gif

Here is a new link to VTE v0.3 by OFPFiles

The page also has a links to the needed addons and a link to the installation instructions.

K-63 (m113) - VTE_K63

If anyone in the community knows someone/Mod whos done these models, please let us know.

LVTP7 - Pedagne mod http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/web_Addons/ASZ_LVTP7.zip

LVTP7 is no LVTP5. It's like comparing an apple and an orange.

K-63 (m113) - VTE_K63

Why? Is one green, and the other orange? rofl.gif

Hi all

Is there any campaign or missions with the khe sanh map?

It was a  very interesting battle who was fought there

Quote[/b] ]Here is a new link to VTE v0.3 by OFPFiles

The page also has a links to the needed addons and a link to the installation instructions.

Thank you, very much appreciated. I dont know if you made that happen or someone else, thanks.

Quote[/b] ]Is there any campaign or missions with the khe sanh map?

No, only one fight video cutscene. When I get around to it, PMC NAM SEAL campaign will extend to cover Khe Sanh also.

K-63 (m113) - VTE_K63

Why? Is one green, and the other orange? rofl.gif

OK like comparing cats and dogs icon_rolleyes.gif