Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

Great JIP mission ideas

Lets hear some great new idea's that JIP will add? Not so much great missions but what JIP add?

I for one have never been a mission maker, but have enjoyed allot of other mission makers....uhhh missions, yeah.

Something to keep everyone restless mind off of release dates...

I'd like to see people inheriting an AI's Harrier that's about to smack into the side of a mountain. Now that would make me laugh. smile_o.gif

LOL

I for one would love to see a mission's time speed up to say 15 min equals 1 game hour, so we could have some great night/day fights.

Can we forbid players to switch to another team while new commers are allowed to join in CTI match? wink_o.gif

i can't wait for the new cti mode and what JIP could do to a coop version of dynamic missions. Im kinda feeling i would like to make sort of a base where you start all missions, and where everybody gets their gear and vehicles and then you travel to objectives and can go back to base for ammo , repairs and all. Also wondering if we can have carriers where you could use them as bases with all the rooms you can go and explore, get ammo , and jump into a transport helo where you either fly it yourself or do some mapclicky thingy and get the mission objectives and also can call airstrikes or extraction choppers from the carrier.

A training map for the clan where we dont have to reassign cause someone crashed or comes in like 5 min. afther we started

I'm with you Commando84.

We have had like 6 or 8 hour long CTF matches on out server a few times. We started with like 12 people and by the end of the night only 1/2 were sort of left playing, I cannot count the number of times we just gave up after 3 or 4 hours of play.

I can just imagine a match lasting a weekend or longer, with the ability of people to come and go.

@ L etranger, I've never played and Dynamic Missions but would that not potentially be the same thing, an on going maybe endless Match?

In my opinion, the improvments that Armed Assault is to bring to OFP is just a bonus, don't tell anybody but, I would have paid for a JIP Patch to OFP.

I luv playing OFP I just don't like the "Waiting for Server" part, having to "reassigning" for our gaming buddies or even worse leaving the players in a lurch (unusable player) because I had to leave the keyboard for extended periods to help the wife with some house chores or take the dog out for a walk.

Those who play CTI type missions will understand.

I'd love to see someone spawn in the middle of a tank battle with only a pistol.

The creative space JIP gives to co-op units is huge.

A clan's platoon can ready itself, join a mission, spawn in the barracks, head out and arm up while another platoon is already on the server, conducting training exercises.

Joint Operations can be conducted over many hours where British paras drop in at nightfall, backed up by airborne forces from across the world. The paras take out strategic defences that allow for Australian forces to land. The paras then move out to hide in the country, until Australian forces join the game hours later, and conduct an amphibeous landing, backed up by British players that joined the session hours earlier and are behind enemy lines. Perhaps British paras and Australian infantry can rely on CAS only if a pilot is on the server. Perhaps paras lost during the initial drop can rejoin the game to play as supplementary British forces that aid the Aussies by landing with them.

Just an example.

Have a server wihout weapons where people can meet and have a "virtual beer" and maybe look at the sunset while chatting and maybe find enough people to play a serious game? Better than most lobbys I think smile_o.gif

LOL

I for one would love to see a mission's time speed up to say 15 min equals 1 game hour, so we could have some great night/day fights.

As I understand it, you can move the day/night cycle to specific or random times to achieve what you describe in standard OFP mission editing.

I know a version of Tequila (a popular MP deathmatch map) with a selectable time and a random weather script, created by {USI}_Zombie.

pistols.gif

Have a server wihout weapons where people can meet and have a "virtual beer" and maybe look at the sunset while chatting and maybe find enough people to play a serious game? Better than most lobbys I think smile_o.gif

Class idea. biggrin_o.gif

Dang, andersson Yea "Class Idea".

Can I expand on it?

How about "Virtual Vacations"?

Like lets say:

A nice sunrise, beach scene In Cancun, Mexico.

Pina Colada, Anyone? yay.gif

The we all jump a big Chopper and catch the sunset on a Beach in Acapulco, Mexico with a Tequila in Hand cheering the crew that released Armed Assault and of course the Map Maker that created the beautiful replicas of the beaches .

Well I love the "lobby server" idea

Having played phantasy star online on the xbox, their lobby's (a big space ship where you could interact and all) where the best thing of the online experience.

And it surely will be in ArmA if it will be nicely set up.

With all sorts of decoration and objects to interact and have a nice time just hanging around with other players and maybe some locations for meetings for differend kind of missions smile_o.gif

and the best thing about the arma time zones is that you could start the "mission" at the exact time it is at that moment and if you stay to long and have to great time you will see the time going by wink_o.gif only problem is the location of the host offcourse :P

but hey sahrani most have it's own time zone smile_o.gif

Would be interesting to watch a situation where a gorup is being forced back only to have reinforcements arrive.

wow, i like that lobby idea, makes me think of something like a mission to where its like Life, a continous in game thing, where you get a job, get money, buy things, AI would be interactive of course, lol, a betting rink, you could log off and the dedicated server would save your account name with the money and things, next time you log on youre right where you left off, could get some cool multiplayer experiences with JIP!

i would like to see if i could assign group respawn areas. Like Navy pilots team 1 has spawn point A while navy seals have spawn point B and blackhawk crew has spawn point C. Would be intresting for missions where the team has no ground based airfield but still has aground base, but you have all aircraft and their crews respawn at a aircraft carrier or some far away small island.. tounge2.gif

that also can help create that extra tension when you desperately try to hold on and survive a onslaugt of 20-30 a.i's soldiers with their bmps and whatever. smile_o.gif when you sit and wait c'mon c'mon where is my CAS... pistols.gif

Missions where a team gets "reinforced" by new players (played by multiplayer fallen comrades). This is a way that encourages living but is fun/arcadey in the sense that you're "out" until the squad/platoon can get to the next reinforcement point.

yeah like frederf said. accept there should be like a time limit.so your at a base or something for maybe 1-5 minutes. enough time to swap gear around, gather reinforcements and then go out and create havoc.

OFP:E for Xbox had JiP.

I made one of those "Lobby" games. We just had a bunch of people sitting round a fire chatting about their missions and stuff. lol.

I would like to see a full map war, dynamic and enemy respawns over time. Unwinnable pretty much smile_o.gif But with unlimited friendly respawns, the rule is you must got to the lobby server when dead until new batch of reinforcments are allowed to arrive, everyone on lobby server gets weps and on a chopper chopper flys off a tiny island south of warzone (easily made i suspect) then everyone switches server and a chopper is spawned in flight with them all in, (they have to choose the same gear etc) then leader can issue for them to land somewhere biggrin_o.gif i would wet myself and mess all over the screen if this was possible.

Is there any chance of having AI never ending on both sides so they can fight even if there are no humans around on a dedicated server??? This would be awesome to go to bed and come back to see the position you took the night before is being held by your AI still biggrin_o.gif

yeah like frederf said. accept there should be like a time limit.so your at a base or something for maybe 1-5 minutes. enough time to swap gear around, gather reinforcements and then go out and create havoc.

Yeah, once you die you could immediately spawn back at "base" and gear up and have to be constrained to stay at base until a certain time/place/manner later when you could link up with the existing forces.

Heck, this is how I'd like missions to support JIP for brand-new players in a mission!

A lobby would be cool if you were allowed to do such things as studying the mission briefings or the map.