.kju

WarGames League v.5.1 (WGL 5.1) Full Release

thanks Algrab smile_o.gif

Any time Q smile_o.gif

Arma's out, well ok. Just cant stop playing this OFP thingy under WGL, no matter how hard I try pistols.gif

Hope Im not bumping this too much, just a quick question:

In the field manual(from version 4) it says that launched grenades have to travel 10-15 feet before they arm. Was that changed? Because in version 5.12 I fired one at my feet and it went off. I skimmed through the 5.0 changes and didnt see anything about it, just wondering why my grenades are arming early.

Thanks

It was changed ("enabled" again) in WGL 5.1X.

Soul found a way to make the nades both timed and to be used by AI. smile_o.gif

ps: the filed manual is outdated in general, however much of its information is still valid, thats why we bundled it with WGL5.X releases.

you can find additional information about WGL5 at our WGL wiki.

is WGL going to have an ArmA version at all?

sorry for my english

I want to know how can I use the WGL_SmokeLauncher (for example in the BMP-1) in the script. i tried everything and I can't do that!!!

i tried:

unit fire "WGL_SmokeLauncher"

then

unit fire [muzzel,mode,magazine] with any combinations

and it is not working.

please help!!!

sorry for my english

I want to know how can I use the WGL_SmokeLauncher (for example in the BMP-1) in the script. i tried everything and I can't do that!!!

i tried:

unit fire "WGL_SmokeLauncher"

then

unit fire [muzzel,mode,magazine] with any combinations

and it is not working.

please help!!!

The normal WGL BMP-1 doesn't have the vehicle smoke launcher (WGL_ArmorSmokeLauncher), but the BMP-1P, BMP-1K and the BRM-1K have. The easiest way to have one of those vehicles fire a round of smoke is to use the same script that's used when a player uses the "Launch smoke" user action that these vehicles have:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[my_bmp] exec "\wglevents\vehiclefx\armorsmoke_fire.sqs"

If you wanted, you could equip any BMP1 with the proper smoke launcher weapon and magazines and have it fire off a round of smoke. Use this script:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;

; launch_smoke.sqs

;

; Usage: [some_vehicle] exec "launch_smoke.sqs"

;

? count _this < 1: if(local player)then{player globalChat "launch_smoke.sqs: wrong parameter format used when calling the script. Exiting.";}; exit

_vehicle = _this select 0

? "WGL_ArmorSmokeLauncherDummy" in (magazines _vehicle):goto "skipmags"

_vehicle addMagazine "WGL_ArmorSmokeLauncherDummy"

#skipmags

? "WGL_ArmorSmokeLauncher" in (weapons _vehicle):goto "skipwep"

_vehicle addWeapon "WGL_ArmorSmokeLauncher"

#skipwep

; Fire the smoke launcher

[_vehicle] exec "\wglevents\vehiclefx\armorsmoke_fire.sqs"

exit

In general, the vehicle needs the following things to be able to fire smoke:

<ul>[*]At least one magazine "WGL_ArmorSmokeLauncher"

[*] The weapon "WGL_ArmorSmokeLauncher"

Then, it's a matter of doing

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">my_vehicle fire "WGL_ArmorSmokeLauncher"

me n some friends love the WGL mod and were looking for all files /missions/addons for it but their site has nothing but broken links. If someone in the community has them it would be greatly appreciated and we would be hosting them on our website as well.

Currently we have the mod and patch 5.12

anything someone has sitting on a cdrom somewhere would be great.

good deal like i said i thought the site was closed so I am willing to host the files as well. Appreciate the uploads

OK i thought they were gonna re upload those missing files but I am now assuming they aren't. So if anyone has the following files along with some or all of the missions listed in the wargames missions forum i would greatly appreciate a upload or place to download them from. here are the list of files nnot linked on their website:

WGL CWC Islands Texture Replacement Pack

WGL CWC Vegetation Replacement

WGL Nogova Texture Replacement Pack

WGL USMC GAIA

WGL Samak Hills

@WGL_DMApackNAVAL

@WGL_DMApackARMY

WGL Islandpack

@WGL_Ryan

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can help with this.

Patience my friend. smile_o.gif

njmatri, you can download these from the WGL site (link 3 post above):

* WGL 5.1 full 2006-09-17 - RAR-Achive Version

* WGL 5.12 patch 2006-11-12 - RAR-Achive Version

* @WGL_DMApackNAVAL

* @WGL_DMApackARMY

We will upload more time in 1-2 weeks.

THANKS I APPRECIATE IT AND I AM PATIENT ... I JUST WANTED IT YESTERDAY IS ALL smile_o.gif

hmm... I can't download WGL 5.12, it says an 403 error.. what's wrong?

Q afaik the Kornet in WGL is infact a renamed Konkurs-m. In real life they dont share too much similarity.

Thanks for the links guys i appreciate it. I had the exisiting mod and files im looking for more along the lines of the user created missions. If anyone has those (i have seen quite a few listed but links are bad) drop me a line where to get them. I am trying to put together a whole package installer for my guys . to make it easier and the missions would be a nice touch.

ok, got it working.

is it possible to use multiple mods like ffur and slx with wgl? (atleast for the ai tweaks, effects, possibilities)

as far as i know, only one config.cpp / config.bin may activated for each launch of the game, so you have to edit many things in that config.cpp from each mod, and mix it together into one...

sry for my bad English and bad explanation.. banghead.gif hope u know what i mean..

btw, why wgl didn't replace default bis units like any other replacement mods did? i see that there are sooooo many great units in the editor, but i cant use it with bis default campaigns or missions (or any mission that required no addon) help.gif

bug me again in one day and i will upload all the campaigns

and missions i still have wink_o.gif