.kju

WarGames League v.5.1 (WGL 5.1) Full Release

Ah sorry guys I was too stupid to actually see that the solution to my question was already posted.Sorry.I shouldn't post at late night ;_;

I'm having a bit of a problem with the config I'm writing. I tried replacing all the East RPG launchers with the ORCS models and the new models show up when the RPG is on somebodies back, on the ground, or unloaded. But when it is loaded and being held by somebody it shows the old model.

hm can you pm/send me your config please

I'm having a bit of a problem with the config I'm writing. I tried replacing all the East RPG launchers with the ORCS models and the new models show up when the RPG is on somebodies back, on the ground, or unloaded. But when it is loaded and being held by somebody it shows the old model.

Don't forget to replace the ModelSpecial value, that's the cause of the "problem" .. on the back there is a different model than when it's loaded smile_o.gif

If there is no modelspecial defined for the Orcs one, either put ModelSpecial=""; in the config or find the original rpg launcher modelspecial, if it has any, and put that one in the config

--

Just to say "WOW" to WGL 5.1, and many congratz to all contributors!

We had some server FPS issues lately and I decided to make myself easy (With ArmA on our doorstep) and switch to WGL 5.1 with some own additions...

I must say.. magnificent! WGL 5, the betas and this release are all of major quality, I love the realism! My thanks and grattitude! smile_o.gif

Don't forget to replace the ModelSpecial value, that's the cause of the "problem" .. on the back there is a different model than when it's loaded smile_o.gif

If there is no modelspecial defined for the Orcs one, either put ModelSpecial=""; in the config or find the original rpg launcher modelspecial, if it has any, and put that one in the config

--

Just to say "WOW" to WGL 5.1, and many congratz to all contributors!

We had some server FPS issues lately and I decided to make myself easy (With ArmA on our doorstep) and switch to WGL 5.1 with some own additions...

I must say.. magnificent! WGL 5, the betas and this release are all of major quality, I love the realism! My thanks and grattitude! smile_o.gif

The ORCS RPG has a model special. I tried defining a new ModelSpecial in the WGL .hpp file but it didn't seem to work.

The ORCS RPG has a model special. I tried defining a new ModelSpecial in the WGL .hpp file but it didn't seem to work.

You are talking about the models config hpp's?

if you made a line like this there:

#define WGL_RPG7LAUNCHER_MODELSPECIAL  modelSpecial="blabla";

then you will need to also edit wgl_wep_config and add:

WGL_RPG7LAUNCHER_MODELSPECIAL

line at the WGL_RPG7 definition...

To make it more easy to work...

remove the modelspecial line again, and put it back like this:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define WGL_RPG7LAUNCHER_MODEL  model="blabla"; \

modelSpecial="blabla";

mind the \ (backslash) at the end of the model= line

Will editing that config make it impossible for me to play online?

I guess the WGL officials can give you a better answer to that one smile_o.gif But I think/Usually you will get a "Modified config.bin" message when joining... some servers do not allow that or kick you when such messages come up..

But I guess you get that anyway when exchanging models... my memory don't serve me well enough to say for sure, so I guess you should just try... as usual make backups of ur files so you can always revert!

hey sickboy  smile_o.gif

thanks for helping out  thumbs-up.gif

MechaStalin, sickboy is correct. i guess you get a

"modified config" file message, but it should work.

yet i would not recommend it to you to use this modification

for online play. possibly it can make the server or the other

clients crash.

overall we didnt include all necessary properties in such special case as it seems ofp has a limit on defines  confused_o.gif

i think in the future we will see a more advanced system of this  whistle.gif

hey sickboy  smile_o.gif

thanks for helping out  thumbs-up.gif

i think in the future we will see a more advanced system of this  whistle.gif

NP m8 smile_o.gif

You guys deserve it smile_o.gif

Anyway... any data available on the mentioned limit? I had a setup with winter, desert and woodland same amounts and types of units (Infantry & Vehicles) like wgl5, in all 3 climates, all 3 with defines incl. double the weapon defines (SJB) than WGL, but didn't hit any (noticable wink_o.gif) limit yet smile_o.gif I'm interested in the limit!

no idea  confused_o.gif

yet you can merge most defines of a unit to one if you dont use the inherit "define" feature  wink_o.gif

how can i add eventhandlers in the config other than on the default units, and hidden selections? is there a set code for it?

hello olemissrebel smile_o.gif

can you please try to rephrase this and explain a bit more in detail what you want to do.

please give an example for both questions!

cheers

for all addons with custom heads, in the units config, one must add eventhandlers... the same way the model is defined, et cetera. when making a custom config with WGL, there are places for model, etc, but none for eventhandlers

hm you could "hack" this in by editing the main config itself.

we wont include EH hooks in the future, as this too far off from the original idea sorry.

okay, it's central to replacing the current units with pretty much any the community has put out recently

I've had some time to play with this a little. I'm not sure if I'm missing a file or something but when playing BIS missions I'm not hearing any radio chatter, I just get the subtitles. NE1 know whats going on?

I've had some time to play with this a little. I'm not sure if I'm missing a file or something but when playing BIS missions I'm not hearing any radio chatter, I just get the subtitles. NE1 know whats going on?

They removed the radio chatter so that you could instantly give orders to the AI without waiting for the sound of a previous order to finish.

I personally like to hear the radio voices other wise the game is just to silent for me. If they kept the sounds but still found a way to give instant orders I'd like it.

Quote[/b] ]read page 5 of this thread to see how to re-activate them

or read WGL wiki about config base.

Thanks Q! Even though it may slow down execution of orders the game just isn't the same without the radio.

If I wanted to use my own models base from

the previous edition of WGL 5.0 can you?

Or will it create conflicts?

it should work fine rheydrich smile_o.gif

we ve just extended the system (quite much actually - its a lot more flexible now).

you can send it to me, than i will double check it wink_o.gif

what happen to all the dust effects when

your bullets hit the ground they are gone!!

also the deflecting tracers are gone...