Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

what really bothers me is the silince treatment the rest of the world is getting from BI and 505, it just ends up red flags huh.gif

what really bothers me is the silince treatment the rest of the world is getting from BI and 505, it just ends up red flags huh.gif

What words are you expecting or hoping for?

BIS are working on:

Patches for current versions

MP Demo

SP Demo

Deddy Server

Editing tool

Extra content for UK/EU version

505 are working on setting up the PR, marketing, printing and distribution for their release into 312 countries or whatever the list is.

What is it you'd like us to interrupt that work process to say? smile_o.gif

Don't take this as having a go at you I'm just wondering what it is we're apparently not doing/saying that we should be? smile_o.gif

What dnlds did ya want me to send to you?

Original version

Patches for current versions

MP Demo

SP Demo

Deddy Server

Editing tool

Yup..thats the ones whistle.gif

Hi guys, I just downloaded ArmA and put on the english translation patch...

IT works great except everything is still in german like the menu options and maps etc. So its reaally hard to figure out whats going on.

Do you know if there is anthything else I can do?? huh.gif

Yeah install the game again and then apply the language patcher v0.8 again. and make sure you read that readme this time wink_o.gif

But there is a thread here that deals with the language thing...

Hi guys, I just downloaded ArmA and put on the english translation patch...

IT works great except everything is still in german like the menu options and maps etc. So its reaally hard to figure out whats going on.

Do you know if there is anthything else I can do?? huh.gif

What does that post have to do with this thread? Please find the appropriate thread and post in it.

Hey Placebo i would just love to hear the words, "Yes we are getting you Americans this game around (insert time), just hang in!" there i just get really nervous when companies say one thing then nearly dead silence for a long time. Can you see how many of us might feel very ignored? We have been waiting for years for a successor to OFP to come out we here about ARMA. Europe begins to get it. Us Americans nothing, wait.... more nothing. You see where I am coming from I know a lot of my friends who played OFP are really dying to get their hands on ARMA but want to get an official English release. We feel like were entitled as loyal fans to some info just some news once in awhile about how its going to releasing the game in the states would be fabulous. So if BIS could throw us yanks some info that would be wonderful. And we would love ya for it. inlove.gif by the way is the demos in English? Cause that would be super. thumbs-up.gif

what bothers me is the amount of games now being released that are full of bugs and not tested throughly prior to release.

It now seems the 'norm' to not expect a fully working product or at least until a patch is released to fix all the bugs......is it lazy programmers, greedy publishers or am I just making mountains out of mole hills huh.gif

is it lazy programmers, greedy publishers or am I just making mountains out of mole hills huh.gif

I believe it is just an impatient audience. Imagine everyone’s reactions if BI decided to hold off another half year to a year to completely clean off the bugs - people would go hysterical. Of course now that most of them have their hands on it, they could easily say that they could have held off until a semi-bug free version.

Hey Placebo i would just love to hear the words, "Yes we are getting you Americans this game around (insert time), just hang in!"

And of course we'd love to say those words, hell my inbox would get a lot less spam from your kind wink_o.gif

Of course negotiations are continually ongoing and I hope we're getting closer but I wait to hear the news that we've signed a US publisher, although of course it seems these days I'm the last to know about any publishing deals whistle.gif

On Tuesday there was news on the Sprocket site that ArmA would be available today, shortly later the news was removed.

I don't see ArmA there, so when will it be available?

I know there is the German download and an English translation patch, but I want an official English version. I sent a message on Wednesday using the "Contact Us" page and I have not received an answer.

When is the English version going to be on Sprocket? I would send a message through the "Contact Us" page but last time I did I was ignored. Placebo?

When is the English version going to be on Sprocket? I would send a message through the "Contact Us" page but last time I did I was ignored. Placebo?

Best guess is probably some time after the US version is released, not sure exactly it depends on agreements with publishers, but chances are no US publisher will sign the game knowing that an English version is available for download weeks before they're able to get boxes in stores.

Best guess is probably some time after the US version is released, not sure exactly it depends on agreements with publishers, but chances are no US publisher will sign the game knowing that an English version is available for download weeks before they're able to get boxes in stores.

Well that sucks sad_o.gif . Maybe I'll just get the Czech version.

Thanks for the reply.

The My-Sprocket version doesn't come with any other protection than Softwrap, right? And it comes patched 1.01?

(No starforce, or securerom, correct?)

The My-Sprocket version doesn't come with any other protection than Softwrap, right? And it comes patched 1.01?

(No starforce, or securerom, correct?)

My sources say SoftWrap only but to be confirmed 100% smile_o.gif

US publishers should wake the **** up already mad_o.gif . I was counting on buying english version from sprocket before 505's later release, ofcourse i want 505's boxed copy too.

Ah well...

@Heatseeker: I feel the same way sad_o.gif . I'm seriously considering the Czech version though.

On http://www.armedassault.info there is unofficial info that the ArmA demo is planned for release in around 1 week. This sounds good, but might just be a guess based on the fact that it says "Demo coming soon" on the ArmA official site under "Downloads". This might help me wait until the 505 release. I hope it's true.

A big thank-you to which ever one of you who recently announced on this thread that ArmA Czech edition is available on Ebay. I bought it even though I don't speak Czech, but since a CZ to English patch has been produced I thought it was worth a shot in the dark to try it. Have any of you purchased the Czech version and applied the English patch? Does it work? American players await your reply! whistle.gif

Hey Placebo, man, I am not sure where to start. Wow "your Kind" I ask a legitimate question about news for the Americans and thats my answer. Wow you call that PR? confused_o.gif Look i am glad to here your still working on releasing this game to the states but. Surely you could have thought of a much nicer way too put it that you don't have a solid release date. Maybe you could pass the idea of giving more info to us living in N.A. to who ever is in charge of PR. But thats makes me happy that your talking to softwarp and that looks promising. Info like that would really keep us yanks happy.