Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Yaj! Just ordered myself a copy of Arma from Bol.de

Anyone who have ordered to countries like UK, Sweden, Norway, and around there, and know how long time it takes?

Like 1-2 weeks? or 3 weeks? am I getting it before Christmas? xmas_o.gif

I've ordered it from the Netherlands, and it took 3 days to be delivered from Germany.

I've ordered it from the Netherlands, and it took 3 days to be delivered from Germany.

Ordered it on bol.de from the Netherlands, took two days. So I guess it's less than one week for Scandinavia and the UK.

Does anybody know why in the world ArmA release is delayed in Russia?? It had to be released on oct28, so now is december first and i don't see myself flying Harrier and dropping bombs on the enemy targets...why is that so?! Sellers in the shops say they know nothing about what happened, and on the Akella website theres a release date changed, now its 4th quarter of 2006...When is Arma goin to be released in russia?

It was delayed because they want us to play in REAL game.I said its better play the game which is finished and translated,but not witg tons of bugs.Isn't it?

Placebo:

Forgive me if I've missed someone asking this question before...but this section is looong.

Understanding many people are choosing to buy the game now rather than wait for an English version, how does BIS feel about this? Would BIS prefer people buy now from a foreign vendor and mod the game themselves for English or wait until the proper localized version is released in the appropriate markets and buy it from that distributor?

I could see how people purchasing now from a foreign vendor could even further discourage new distributor agreements. I was just wondering how to best support BIS. Even if I'm just one guy, I like to put my money toward to the right cause.

Thanks,

- Ninpo

US doesn't even have distributor, BF 2, FEAR fan boys will never release anything like ArmA, taking long time for 505 release but game has hard core fans, that would even travel to other countries to get next games, or order from other countries no matter how much shippind cost is....  icon_rolleyes.gif Maybe its because simulators are dying off, since lately no new sims are made.. soon you can except no publishers wanting to publish sims... It would been better if BIS actually didnt release ArmA this fast untill almost all regions got publishers or atleast whole europe, and fixed bugs

Surely valve would jump up and down to be the sole method of getting this game in the states. Their silence about online distribution just makes no sense. Surely they have something they could tell us. confused_o.gif

LMFAO, it's not even gonna be released in the U.S.

Doesn't anyone get that yet?

BIS has made absolutely no effort to assure Americans that there will be a release date, or a publisher.

Apparently they hold a grudge against all Americans for the lousy treatment they got from Codemaster.

Their loss though. Who needs a few million more dollars anyway? Apparently not BIS.

BIS has made absolutely no effort to assure Americans that there will be a release date, or a publisher.

Apparently they hold a grudge against all Americans for the lousy treatment they got from Codemaster.

Their loss though. Who needs a few million more dollars anyway? Apparently not BIS.

Oh yea it's real easy to get a large publisher to agree to publish your game confused_o.gif .

You think they would simply ignore a large section of the market? They can't get the game out there unless a publisher agrees to publish it. Even if they can't get a publisher, there will still be Sprocket for the online distribution. Maybe Steam aswell - some games are on several online distribution systems.

Maybe if Americans bought realistic games instead of Battlefield then the publishers would be happier to sign up for ArmA tounge2.gif .

This is all getting a bit silly, I live in split  locations  the UK and  Italy.

I am sat here here in Italy happily playing ArmA, with a patched Czech edition with Sickboy's [your a gem!] English language patch, the game was purchased from a Czech online source that gave excellent service.

Just popped on Keg's ArmA launcher so it is like old times.

Point is ;any hard core OFP fans will be playing ArmA at present, and will most probablyl, ike myself buy a localised edition when it appears.

505 and such like, will help bring the game to casual buyers and help to swell the ranks of a great hobby game.

Compared to the effort of upgrading,  obtaining the game and playing it is no problem.

If I get as much pleasure from ArmA as I got from OFP any hassle has been cheap at the cost.

Yes,

but check out the feed back on the German download,

It comes patched, and I suspect it is a good option.

But I am happy with my Czech version.

As a stand alone game it is weak, but I have bought it for all the amazing mods missions and addons that I am quite sure will start appearing by Christmas, better this way than grumphing about the distribution.

I wonder why the first post hasn't been updated to reflect that Armed Assault is now availible to anyone that can download the digital version??

huh.gif

UUhhh,

As far as I know, Codemasters is founded and based in the UK. icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey i tried that dl website.

[ http://boutique.gamesplanet.com/campagn....eu=Arma ]

I took the first 2 steps, then the website never moves on to step 3 (the downloading step! ). So now they have the creditcard number and i didn't get any email or the dl itself. What's wrong here?

Is this a friggin phishing website or what?

check with IDEA games and Morphicon , they using theirs logos, TMs etc. on site , if it's phishing attempt they can burn them in court ...

uh huh.....Codemasters is UK company.

I can either get through Morphicon.de or wait for UK version. But I guess not having a cookie right now is equal to never having one.

uh huh.....Codemasters is UK company.

I can either get through Morphicon.de or wait for UK version. But I guess not having a cookie right now is equal to never having one.

Uh yeah, they may be a UK based company, but they were responsible for distribution in the U.S.

Funny that noone argues about no talk from BIS about intent for U.S. publisher though. Wonder why that is.....

Oh, and another thing, maybe if there was a quality War sim on the market in the last 5 years there would be a market for them. People gravitate to Battlefield, and Ghost Recon and such because they are as close to sim as they can get their hands on. I always see all this talk on forums about how Americans buy crappy games and they shouldn't play games like Battlefield and Quake. They are the only games out there. I know about 50 gamers in real life, and of the 50 I would say that 45 of them would rather a real 'sim' game like ArmAss is supposed to be, than Battlefield2 or Quake. In fact they have been waiting for a very long time(like everyone else)for ArmAss to come out. But no one is gonna shell out 100$$+ for a damn video game(well 1 in 50 will)that they then have to do extra work to even play.Trust me, with proper advertising and a quality 'sim', there would be a huge market in the states. Though not likely that will happen any time soon.

It really seems that most people here have a very prejudiced attitude towards Americans, and that includes BIS themselves. I have seen very little about Armed Assault on American gaming sites, and have seen even less talk from BIS about bringing their game(s) to the American market. I am not claiming to know anything here. I only call it like I see it. If there is someone out there with info. that leads me to believe something different than show me. I would love to be proved wrong on this.

[with proper advertising and a quality 'sim', there would be a huge market in the states. Though not likely that will happen any time soon.

]

It looks a bit like the difference between Linux and Microsoft.

Yes, you do live in a society where marketing is King.

The pleasure I am getting from playing my patched, english language, Czech purchased version of ArmA  [i reside in Italy] is being part of a  unique global games community, and watching the game develop over the comming years. That will be as worth while as the playing of the game itself.

Yes game is flawed at present; if one day you purchase your shiny box from as part of a  game store promotion, good luck.

If there are fifty of you, cannot you get together and obtain a test copy, .....but perhaps it is the commune thing again!

It really seems that most people here have a very prejudiced attitude towards Americans, and that includes BIS themselves. I have seen very little about Armed Assault on American gaming sites, and have seen even less talk from BIS about bringing their game(s) to the American market. I am not claiming to know anything here. I only call it like I see it. If there is someone out there with info. that leads me to believe something different than show me. I would love to be proved wrong on this.

With Idea and BIS coming to the states for E3 I would call that proof enough they are trying to find a publisher from the states

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/armedassault/news.html?sid=6151442

There may be some here who have a prejudiced view of Americans but I have never personally seen it so saying "most" is a stretch. I've PM'ed overseas modders and posters and they have always been gracious with my requests. Same with the staff from BIS when I have PM'ed modderators.

Instead of pointing a finger at BIS/Idea maybe turn in on the American publishers who haven't jumped at it. It's there to view, we know it's good but since it isn't titled "Zelda 47" or "Quake 20" they aren't biting. Maybe point the finger at players from the states who constantly purchase the same regurgeatated shit that is nothing but the old game, shined up and reboxed. For the love of whatever, if I see another Mario Brothers game I'm gonna chuck gut. For my gaming needs there hasn't been anything to brag about from the states lately. No wonder my last two games where from overseas. FIAGTR2,Rome Total War series......

I haven't seen it answered anywhere in this thread.

When ArmA becomes available in the Baltic countries (simultaneously with Russia, I assume), will Akella distribute the same Russian-language version as in Russia, or will the version be English?

This is of great importance to me as I can't see myself playing it in Russian:/ At least with earlier Windows versions, installation of Russian games would mess up the whole computer language settings.

Ok, I am in Germany but I want a version in english. Is there an english version? If yes which one? Will there be a UK & US release and if yes - when.

Thanks Guys

help.gif