Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

DO U SEE A RELEASE DATE YET huh.gif

oh no, lets panic and burn the city!

Quote[/b] ]YET

the only bit of sense you've made in this thread... yet is the operative word. When the publisher is signed, then im sure that our old friend placebo here will kindly pass on the good news, and prevent futher panic

Why are so many smart azz idiots in the world. I mean do u have no freaking life where you have to come into forumns an cause trouble STFU already.

I agree Evil, cant imagine why they'd put the US on the backburner

This may come as a shock but we cannot simply force a US publisher to sign ArmA to publish in the US, the real world doesn't actually work that way.

Why not? Arm up and go hunting for Weapons Of Mass Publication. When you don't find any, make some.

Why are so many smart azz idiots in the world.

to make up for the dumb 'azz' idiots wink_o.gif

(but seriously, take what i say with a pinch of salt, its just my humour. You can't exactly come shouting bloody murder on these forums because there isnt an american release date already. Take what placebo said into account, and also realise that the world doesnt always revolve around the US and its market)

Why are so many smart azz idiots in the world. I mean do u have no freaking life where you have to come into forumns an cause trouble STFU already.

Yes ArmA's release not only attracts OFP fans but also immature flammers like this guy.

I would strongly suggest that if you wish to stay around here for longer you take a read of the forums rules please. Flaming/flame baiting is not tolerated on these forums.

LEM announced that ArmA will be released in Poland at the same time as Czech publisher do it. So 10 November is official date smile_o.gif

LEM announced that ArmA will be released in Poland at the same time as Czech publisher do it. So 10 October is official date smile_o.gif

no,

10 november 2006 for the Czech and Slovak Republics smile_o.gif

I agree Evil, cant imagine why they'd put the US on the backburner

This may come as a shock but we cannot simply force a US publisher to sign ArmA to publish in the US, the real world doesn't actually work that way.

It's a genre thing.

Games like OFP/ArmA, PES, Formule1 and Colin Mcray are typically 'European' (incl. Australia) games and therefor have earlier releases in Europe.

Games like BF and NFS don't have this effect.

I understand the world not revolving around the gaming community in the US. I certainly hope that it will at least be available for download here in the US. Like some of you, I have waited patiently for the past 3 years, (maybe longer?), for this sim to be released. I've actually lost track of the time waiting.

I guess I can't blame BIS for not being overly excited about the US market. Our "gaming community" turned their collective noses up at OFP and Resistance without even giving it a try. They wanted more of something that I assume they found in crappy games like BF and BF2... (I despise those games.)

OFP is one of the best, if not THE best FPS sim to ever be released. I shudder to think of the number of hours that I have invested playing OFP. I truly believe that the word has finally gotten out about the quality of OFP and the future of ArmA. A lot of players that originally ignored it are now asking when it will be available.

I realize that if I have to download or order it from another country that I'll be paying extra to do so. I don't care. I want ArmA as soon as I can get my nicotine stained fingers around the box.

Placebo, if you have any news at all, I hope you will take time to post it.

If it weren't for our savvy European friends I often wonder what would have happened to OFP.

Dash

i can see what placebo is saying, but on the other hand it's really annoying when you go to your game shop and see totally pants games like "pacman 3D" or "king kong" on the shelf, all the while your *gagging* to buy armed assault which cant find a publisher. - i expect its more fustrating for BIS though than it is for us.

i'd buy the game twice if i thought it'd help ;-p

edit: i most likely will anyhow, one for work so i can play it at lunchtime :-)

with release so close will there be a demo for us guys/girls who dont have a release day at that time? maybe thats a good idea? so when people get the full game 10th november the other people get a demo in the mean time they are waiting smile_o.gif

Thats cuz EA is soley in it for the money, BF2 was barely out an then they came out with BFSF thenshortly after that all the addons an now see BF2142 in Oct. Can't agree with you more about OFP being the best Sim out there as far as the gaming community goes it's there loss.

I guess I can't blame BIS for not being overly excited about the US market.

For some reason, yourself and perhaps other quarters of the "US market/community" are completely reading the situation wrongly, of course we're excited about the US market/community, of course we want the game to be signed to a US publisher who will market the game in the way it deserves and spread it widely as it deserves. Unfortunately contrary to "forum opinion" finding a publisher isn't as simple as standing on a street corner and as someone passes whispering "pssst, oy mister, wanna buy a game, real good quality, get you well hooked".

The fact that we weren't able to reach an agreement with one single global publisher wasn't through want of trying, it wasn't through lack of effort, since announcing ArmA at E3 2005 I've lost count of the meetings that have taken place with publishers, at E3 2005, E3 2006, GC 2006 as well as countless meetings/visits to our offices etc. etc.

Why is it so hard to reach publishing agreements? Well if someone figures it out please do enlighten me banghead.gif

whistle.gif

Probably because most publishers want a large amount of influence on what the game will be like wink_o.gif

I know a very good UK publisher. Just send me a copy of Armed Assault and i'l sort out the rest whistle.gif

seeing as OFP was a massive game, and seeing as alot of people are waiting for ArmA to come out (and i mean, entire clans of people) i think i've lost all faith in the publishing industry's ability to "spot a good'un".

to be honest, i rather see BIS get a good publishing deal that gives them more control, more say and more of the profits from Arma, and generally a publisher that accepts that its BIS' game and it's their decision when the game is completed and ready for sale...

obviously i live in a fantasy world, but i can live in it and hope tounge2.gif

Why is it so hard to reach publishing agreements? Well if someone figures it out please do enlighten me  banghead.gif

whistle.gif

One things for sure, I can see a lot of publishers kicking themselves in the ass over this!  tutut.gif

I just wish BIS would put something up about their search for a publisher/distributor or an online release....they gotta understand how much the hype is killing the people in the U.K/U.S.

At least something like....were looking for a distributor but will also offer an online release or something like that

Why is it so hard to reach publishing agreements? Well if someone figures it out please do enlighten me

My guess is that BIS and ArmA are just too hard-core for the big publishers. Yes, you guys might be just a bit too good for the masses.

I'm sure insde the big publishers there are ppl who see the quality AND possibilities of ArmA but for every 1 of these guys there are 10 who just like BF better (just like gamers). Now, i think nobody can argue with that, therefor it is practically impossible to convert a big publisher beforehand.

ArmA first has to proof itself beyond doubt.

If ArmA gains enough momentum after the 'European' release, using several small publishers, my guess is that eventually a (big) publisher will see the light.

(In the end this is the most glorious way to make and sell games, just thru quality and determination. Go Bis go:)