Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Tonal Update

No, no jungles. Sorry. Only dry scrub and savannah style terrain. Keep the old islands in a separate mod folder if you want jungles.

The new addons are now totally incompatible with old versions of the pbos. So you can't mix and match old Tonal island addons with new Tonal island addons. All or nothing. Same with old islands leeching off the Tonal pbos. They will not work with the new pbos.

The new OPFOR should work with the old tropical maps though but are not made to.

aw sorry to hear about the jungles, cause thats one feature i loved on tonal but the a.i had big difficulties moving around those areas too. tounge2.gif especially in the small swampy area where there was a house in the lake and stuff in the south west area.

but i guess you will maximize the are your concentrating on working out the are you are making to look as good as possible. smile_o.gif

aw sorry to hear about the jungles, cause thats one feature i loved on tonal but the a.i had big difficulties moving around those areas too. tounge2.gif especially in the small swampy area where there was a house in the lake and stuff in the south west area.

but i guess you will maximize the are your concentrating on working out the are you are making to look as good as possible. smile_o.gif

Im sure it will look fabulious notworthy.gif

Well I like it, lol.

Like I said, you can still run a mod folder with the old islands but with the new opfor. Or even depbo it all edit edit your own version for your personal use. It's not that hard to figure out what to replace to get what you want.

I was just wondering ... are you going to include some new main battle tanks? RHS T-62 would be too good to be true.

Or are you going to stick with the old T-55?

And i'm not sure about this but arent there still some african nations that use T-34/85?

Anyways good luck.

I'm out.

goodnight.gif

no, no new tanks, just replacements for the t55s. It's easy enough to DL those you think would be appropriate and use them. I do. I have a couple T34's I use against the Bushfire's Ratels to simulate Fapla armored units for example. No reason to reinvent the wheel for everything that could be used smile_o.gif

It will be smile_o.gif

All the original missions will be resaved to make sure.

The campaign and the couple of single missions should work fine as well as other missions made for this.

Also.. ummm... I'll just say it now. It'll be 2 weeks from now instead of one most likely. The road system really really needs redone. There are just way too many broken roads and most all roads don't have end pieces for them or if they do they are backwards. So, to fix it may take a bit more work than I thought.

No big deal. What's a extra week? I'd rather do it now than later. When I play it now in the cities all I can see are the roads and how messed up they are. Drives me nuts. My annoyance of them has won over my lazy nature so I'll fix them now rather than wait for the ARMAS version.

tounge2.gif

Glad to see Tonal getting a facelift. The original was good, but I had a good feeling that this will be even better. smile_o.gif I'm lgad you decided to fix the roads for this release, and all the other bugs, sicne it's better to release a finished product than a half ready one. Did things like that for years on my A Shau island, and worked endlesly on the mod. But it came out alright I guess.

Good work Ebud! smile_o.gif

Ebud....

I suppose two more weeks is ok... lol

You do know that TJ (yes that TJ) and all the rest of the gang over on TJ's server (TZW server) are anxiously awaiting this so we can replay some of the great BAS missions (perhaps even get TJ to do a CSAR update using your new island)

Maybe we could even get Fer to do a version of Treasure hunt on Tonal without lag... that is the reason why he claimed that Tonal couldn't be done... it would simply end up being a lagfest on the original Tonal....

Don't worry... despite the sometimes 'rude' comments that some people post in these forums... OFP has a very loyal fanbase... and BAS has a huge chunk of this.... your (all of BAS) work was greatly admired and appreciated... any improvement... even this far down the line from the original release will still be met with a great degree of 'THANK YOU LORD'

welcome.gif

lol i feel sorry for your wife, she now has to wait an extra 2 weeks before she can see you again tounge2.gif

Gd luck yay.gif

well, the extra time spent on it now means less time editing it down the road smile_o.gif

I'm not smart enough to write puns :P

if someone made a mission using the old, jacked up roadsystem, would it be possible if loaded with the new system that the unit might end up going somewhere entirely different. I've noticed that in my arabia map, from alpha to beta when i re did some roads? just curious

no, it would actually probably do a better job getting from point a to b.

computer died last thursday as I was in OFP and clicked on MP. Hard lockup that literally killed my comp.

New one should be ready today or tomorrow. I was 1 day away from all roads being totally redone.

The maps are what is holding this up as the opfor have been done for several weeks.

With 2-3 days of work possibly lost on dead HDs plus 3-4 days lost waiting on my new comp to be built, it's not looking good.