Sign in to follow this  
dave8

Codeblue ACU

Hot damn those look good! Whose weapons are you planning to use, or are you going to use your own?

I plan on using my own, but I will allow the option to use JAM based weapons in the future.

Guest Ti0n3r

Very nice! Looks better than my current favorite ACU addon crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Looks nice mate, he's sure as hell webbed up.

Could I ask what base texture you used for the ACU? It might be worth looking at.  biggrin_o.gif

- Though he's a bit brown, IMHO. Needs more blue and green. I love that freakin gear though.

I used the "open to all" texture someone on these forums provided.. and also various Army photos I got online lol.

I also think it may need more blue and it may be much too dark, though I did try my best to match the ACU uniforms I saw my Army friends wearing (based purely from memory though). I'll still try to keep the camo reasonably matching to the terrain though.. It sucks watching a bunch of light grey-green men stand out like red pimples on an albino yay.gif (sorry if anyone really is albino confused_o.gif)..

The ACU looks good but last time CB released something...it was the weapons that were the weak point.

Why not go with exisiting Laser M4's (or any of the other addon makers weapons)...they look just fine and have already been made obviously.

Whooo HooOO! Code Blue Lives!!!

What is important about Code Blue is that I think their infantry units actually look bulky like real buff soldiers loaded down with gear... Not like the anorexic soldiers that almost everyone is using these days that are based off of the BIS civilian models. I have no idea who started that trend.

These new guys look absolutely amazing!

Keep up the awesome work Dave! I really hope you put out another new mini-pack soon..especially with that AAV-7 model for your Marines!!!

After all this time still nobody has released a decent AAV-7 and your alpha was one of the best I've ever seen.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Keep up the awesome work Dave! I really hope you put out another new mini-pack soon..especially with that AAV-7 model for your Marines!!!

After all this time still nobody has released a decent AAV-7 and your alpha was one of the best I've ever seen.

Yeah I remember it. Still have it, but I don't remember how I got it though. IIRC the interior still needed work and it could use a retexture but the model is just perfect.

Quote[/b] ]What is important about Code Blue is that I think their infantry units actually look bulky like real buff soldiers loaded down with gear... Not like the anorexic soldiers that almost everyone is using these days that are based off of the BIS civilian models. I have no idea who started that trend.

yeah one person is agree with me tounge2.gif

yep that seems really nice, i like the model of the soldier. this soldier seems to have a normal body, it's a good thing, good job thumbs-up.gif

Excellent man!

I wished to see code blue in ACU a few days ago and wham here it is! rofl.gif

Thanks guys for the awesome compliments.. smile_o.gif I'll post screenshots of other ACU troop models later on in the day to get additional feedback.

I think I'll use both Laser's weapons and my own, since I hate seeing all my work and other people's hard work being put to waste. I definately will improve on my weapons though since they have been left untouched ever since BAS's troops were first being praised over.

Respect....looks great!

Hope we see more next time.

Good luck with your project smile_o.gif

I agree with Rebel; you should reconsider the shade of the ACU. The models look nice and rugged the way they should.

...but 'rebel said they were fine the way they are.

I however, agree with you, ACU doesn't really look like that, unless you've been rolling in mud. Which he may have been, don't get me wrong. smile_o.gif

I think the used/worn feeling adds to the immersiveness. Not every soldier in combat is going to have a freshly cleaned uniform - perhaps randomise them so some units have heavily dirty/worn uniforms, some have slightly dirty, and some have fairly new ones. Just an idea, its probably not going to hold water when someone with military experience comes along and reads it, but W/E.

Don't change anything about the ACU textures I say. They are perfect.