Sign in to follow this  
gavinthecat

House Divided ALPHA mod release

Cheers guys smile_o.gif the support is appreciated, and im glad u took notice of our wee alpha release.

We'll be working on it to get it onto Beta Status, and then eventually final! yeah!

good question smile_o.gif

thank you very much for this, it is great fun shooting on horseback smile_o.gif

looking forward to future updates and releases from you guys, keep it up

Should I ask if you guys are doing Indians?

No, you should have the telepathic insight to look at the older thread in Addons & Mods: Discussion, where that question has already been answered several times wink_o.gif

(Hopefully yes)

Are missions included?

Not yet, this is an alpha version to show off the potential and flaws of the units, weapons and basic coding.

Hey folks!

I was very excited when I saw that you guys finally released an Alpha version of your mod (I already thought you abandoned the project). So I downloaded it right away and gave it a try....

I know it's an Alpha version - so there are supposed to be problems so I thought I post the bugs I came accross and the ideas I had giving the whole thing a try:

- some of the models appear to be quite unfinished f.e. hats that were simply put over other hats and are showing through, and collars that look strange, glitches in the uniform grafics

- the bayonets are way to short!!!

- the fix-bayonet command does not work, the bayonets are always fixed

- there are no higher officers to be found for the confederates (the highest I came accross was a captain, and if I remember correctly he had a red ? hat and his uniform was looking kinda strange)

- you should definitely put in confederate troops that do not look like they are at the very end of the war and in a pittiful state - meaning no dirty trousers / uniforms

- the pistol animation is strange somehow - especially when you ride a horse and shoot - it just looks strange

- the alignment of pistol, hand and arm with the confed sgt-maj didn't fit, as did his white ? collar

- is there only the western version of the horse? during the civil war they had other saddles (The McClellan Saddle) as far as I know

all in all it has potential - the island looks nice, some weapon models look nice too, the death animation is great

Keep up the good work!

Longstreet

how about removing that BIG WHITE smoke?Its not realistic for me confused_o.gif

I dont think that in real pistols have this BIG smoke

and that new pistol anim:Yeah,its good,but not for some other units(BIS,addons etc.),beacuz there a texture bug,so they have their torso texture in rly strange position

Flintlock and matchlock rifles produce a volume of smoke that is up to 300X the size of the charge they are loaded with. After 5 volleys you can't see more then 15 feet ahead of you, both in real life and ingame.

The animations where made with the House Divided units in mind. Just like with any other mod that uses custom animations, units by other modteams will not look good when using those animations. If you want to play with BIS units you should start up regular OFP Resistance, not the House Divided mod.

I have decided to answer a whole list of accusations made against my mod team by the retired editor Triglav from the cwmod.

It is juvenile and unnecessary to participate in mod wars, but these statements go so far that i do officially have to denounce them for the lies they are. This the moderater tells me I cannot do in their mod thread, so i shall do so in mine.

Triglav says,

Quote[/b] ]I'd consider it fair if the forum moderators would in fact help protect intellectual property of mod members, by helping protect the integrity of original mod-makers against those who use manipulation, extortion and outright theft of original ideas to make a name for themselves.

He is referring to me, and is attempting to convince others, that we simply stole the work of their mod through extortion. However such a thing is supposed to be possible in a hobby is beyond me. Triglav cannot accept the fact that when I was leader of cwmod, we decided to go our own way with the development of this mod, including the use of a new name and a different path to creating the units and maps.

Quote[/b] ]So I eventually gave in and resigned as mod leader, but as Gavin revolted all the other mod members, they called me out of retirement, asked Gavin to leave, and with help of several contributors we released CWMOD v.1.2, which DID NOT HAVE ANY CONTRIBUTIONS FROM GAVIN!

Could you imagine a loudmouth like Triglav giving in to anyone? Of course not, he paints me as a villain, and himself as some kind of hero (asked to return from retirement lol - what is he? Rambo? Just one more mission... hehe) This is a lie, our mod took half of their team, new recruits such as JdB and with others we worked on continuing our mod.

It is obvious I did not contribute to the Cwmod 1.2, it would have been much better if i had...

Quote[/b] ]you will see yourself that they use practically the entire CWMOD system, slightly updated with a few changes, some new models and some new textures!

Using an exclamation mark doesnt make your statement true Triglav... We spent ages improving the mod, and have created a system of models and graphics that are far superior. This isnt an egostical statement, its a testimony to the hours spent working on what i can assure you is more than 'some' new models and new textures. These are lies but one can see the truth quite plainly by installing both their mod and our mere alpha, and the differences are marked.

Quote[/b] ]I have kept quiet about this till now, but several upset emails of users who were revolted once again by Gavin's practices made me write this.

Triglav warned me once on msn that he was the king of forum conflict. That he could in effect kick my ass in any 'forum war'. One technique was to pretend that 'dozens' email him complaining about an issue. lol this is untrue, even i44 would be lucky to get more than the odd email at present. If its any consolation Triglav perhaps your own team might believe your lies... anyone else won't.

Quote[/b] ]I gave up on OFP modding mainly because of the bad experience with Gavin, as did Pickett and some others... .

This is utterly pathetic, yes i am sure their entire mod team just gave up because their little hearts could not handle er this guy called Gavin. This is BS designed so Triglav can portray himself as a reasonable individual suffering at the midst of er myself the monster.

Truth is Triglav is the Bill O' Reilly of ofp, full of sound and fury... signifying nothing...

...................................................................................

I will answer any more accusations he makes here in our mod thread, it is HORRIBLE and stupid that i should have too. The thread should remain only about the mod, and may even end up getting locked but what else can i do if he asserts we are thiefs and that i am a villain, when it is him that provokes and flames?

The last post made me decide that we should focus on something positive. So i will answer some of the alpha concerns here smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]some of the models appear to be quite unfinished f.e. hats that were simply put over other hats

Yep, some of the lods here and there do need remedying and some units are altogether incomplete. They will be sorted for the Beta.

Quote[/b] ]the bayonets are way to short!!!

Righto i will look into that, as for the fixed bayonet command, it is a design decision really to make them automatic. This is to ensure that there is a more pick up & play aspect to the units instead of scripting or typing etc being necessary.

Quote[/b] ]there are no higher officers to be found for the confederates

Yep, in the beta you will eventually get up to Colonel probably, and they will appear in a modest variety of uniforms. It's easy to go overkill with the range of officers and we're going to be wary of that.

Quote[/b] ]you should definitely put in confederate troops that do not look like they are at the very end of the war and in a pittiful state

If i recall there is a confederate regular somewhere in the Beta that is not dirty. Truth is most were for the most part of the war that we center on, from the mid to late.

Yup the other things you cite Longstreet are bug fixes etc. As for models for example to increase the range of saddles etc, these are a little indulgent hehe. It's gonna sound terrible saying this, but its easy to hatch out crap models but we try to take time to give them all lods and nice textures, (which u may doubt with the alpha haha) which means that there has to be some priority to models etc that are chosen. (i.e. more than just cosmetic and a little self indulgent hehe)

Quote[/b] ]ol this is untrue, even i44 would be lucky to get more than the odd email at present.

We don't receive any e-mails from angry users. Once or twice a month someone posts his sarcasm on some forum, but we mostly ignore them or make them look stupid (aka stating the facts). Maybe CW mod has a different kind of fanbase confused_o.gif

I've never received a complaint from any user about bad performance or serious gameplay glitches concerning the Alpha at all. I did receive some minor bugreports though. If anyone gets angry because someone posts crap about his/her mod on a forum/site/email, then people should not be in a community. You can't be everybodies friend.

Exactly, and while Triglav claims that there are numerous people who email him alllll about me (YEAH RIGHT) he is in fact a mere vainglorious gimp desperate for attention.

He has said he is retired, so he is basically DOING nothing except voicing provocative opinions on the forums.

If he's retiring, then good riddance to a very negative influence.

His pointing of the similarity of our mods is a manipulative one, for we came from the same mod originally. This is the issue that makes things particularly bitter, but one we stopped caring about long ago... so he encourages people to compare... well good, so they should, for while we are very similar (as we stem from the same team that split) we welcome the comparison)

Triglav, now that your little girl rant is over, i think if ur going back to ur old folks retirement home, u can now shut up and let modders continue working without INSULTS and SLANDER.

thats hilarious...........

Now your an idiot ...............and

full of shit............................

stonewall

whor you talking about?

Why don't you just shut the fuck up if you have nothing worth saying to say? Means both Triglav and Gavin, and applies to everyone. I'd hate to see modders being banned and thus the mods being unreleased just because they can't discuss civilised.

indeed. to me you are no different from eachother.

Quote[/b] ]without INSULTS and SLANDER

then stop it. or pm eachother, for that matter. I don't care.

now, for the more mature members, any updates between this whole "situation", JdB?

now, for the more mature members, any updates between this whole "situation", JdB?

I've personally chosen to ignore this whole "situation", as it was born when I wasn't in HDV (or HDV didn't even exist for that matter).

I am not going to argue over who's mod performs better, most of our models (at least the weapons do) have 5 lods that gradually decline in polycount, where as the CW mod models I've checked so far have only 3 that are inconsistent in poly reduction. Other people can do the math, I'm not interested in the childish/flamebaiting arguements from both sides.

Triglav keeps telling that the versions are incomparable but both he and Bigus/Stonewall keep claiming in their edited posts that their mod performs better while also stating again and again that 90% of the HDV mod is made up of their own stuff, thereby saying that their own stuff performs badly... Their mental issue, not mine.

People from both sides keep saying that the other side should stay out of their thread, but then they are themselves the first to post in the other parties thread...

*Thinks about Bigus/Stonewall's flamebaiting remark about the bridge in the old HDV thread*

The funny thing is that I have heard the reasons for this situation independantly from both sides and they are almost identical, so it's not a situation of exaggeration by either side.

I meant mod updates wink_o.gif

Ah that...nope, busy with other stuff.