Sign in to follow this  
gavinthecat

House Divided ALPHA mod release

Well Triglav is still posting his BS, and JdB ur right, its juvenile and hopeless trying to deal with this issue.

So gents we're just going to forget the crap he's saying for now, we'll just report the lies he tells to the moderators, and from this post hence we will ignore it.

We are going to rise above the slander and ravings of Triglav, and instead focus on the development of our Mod's stage to Beta.

It encourages us the support you have given, comments like 'its pretty good for an alpha' make us feel great about our work and encourages us to keep development going wink_o.gif

And development certainly will continue until we finally reach our Beta first and full version afterwards.

will that river boat be in your next release? I saw one on your site

You mean the steamboat wink_o.gif

Yeah, I hope so, the model is finished, as are the lods, so Gavin needs to texture it.

For Civil War mods you guys really know how to be 'uncivil'

I've just had a look at the 'Bridge' which is causing all the problems. Its a single LOD with a poor texture on it.

I mean people, is this really worth all the petty bitching?

stonewall.jpg

Sort out the textures - its a 512 x 256 - for the stonework, would it be too crazy to up this to 1024 x 512? I would recommend a few more shadows as well and it looks like there is a lighting problem.

Just a few thoughts smile_o.gif

Don't worry, we have an all new bridge to replace it with, it was already posted about in the old HDV thread smile_o.gif

[Pic]

There was another pic of it with some textures on, but I seem to have lost it sad_o.gif

Hey scousejedi nice of you to pop in and good to know u downloaded the alpha! Iv'e always admired your own work smile_o.gif

Yup some of the biggest changes from the Alpha to the Beta will be visible in the map, with a considerable number of updates to the objects. (increasing the number of objects, replacing old ones and such like.)

OK JdB, I stand corrected and have read the entire HD discussions thread and it has thrown up a couple of questions..

1. BD (Stonewall now) asked if you if you had managed to get a single model bridge in game rather than his 3 model version. I just replace his models with p3ds of the same name and dimensions but was wondering if a single model would be more efficient. Might not be the best time to answer this right now but what the hell.

2. DXDLL plugins - I know this is the wrong thread but I would love to play WW2 and previous in black and white and wondered if that was possible.

@Gav, OMG you must be insane, I have, well started, a lot of WW2 models and reference pictures are always problem. Recently I have retextured a Merkava 4 and I even found a youTube video of the inside of the tank. Modern stuff is much much easier to make. Going back 145 years must make finding pictures of houses, uniforms, weapons etc a total nightmare.

Respect for the work you and the team have done.

Quote[/b] ]I just replace his models with p3ds of the same name and dimensions but was wondering if a single model would be more efficient.

Well it would cut down on the number of problems that you have when crossing the bridge (falling through, getting stuck). Basically the problems that are inherent to all combined surfaces (like carriers).

Problem is with the Bull Run map is that the river - due no doubt to OFP limitations - requires a bridge about 90m in length. As far as Im aware the 50 x 50m still applies which is a pain.

Grr.

Still I enjoyed knocking up a quick bridge as it will come in useful when it comes to making this:

dam_iraq.jpg

32.5N 45.83E if you want to play with google earth

btw if there is anything you want Civil War wise don't hesitate to drop me a line so I can start it and then disappear for 6 months smile_o.gif

Well I will look at the bridge issue as well, the units have numerous lod things needing fixed as Jdb has reminded me ARGH lol

But I really want to complete a wide number of objects for the map! Especially buildings and other details. The point is to make it (in my eyes) relevant for the battle of 2nd bull run.

Hey ScouseJedi wouldn't you be interested in helping out with some very very modest model objects? the odd cottage for example!

An accusation of addon theft is being investigated, in the meantime this thread will be opened with the strict condition that House Divided mod members do not post in the Civil War Mod thread, nor mention the Civil War Mod in their own thread, and alternatively the Civil War Mod team do not post in the House Divided Mod thread nor mention the House Divided Mod in their own thread.

Woooooohoooooooooooo!!!

Alright boys! Well we're back in business.

So you heard the placebo man, we all have to be on good behaviour! wink_o.gif

At the moment a lot of lods are getting work - unit by unit, and believe it or not bugs are being discovered wink_o.gif So I will post some pics soon (of some nice things also.)

Regarding this 'investigation' Placebo mentions, please do not mention it on this thread guys - this is a matter that will be resolved - but not by discussing it on the thread! So no mention of that!!

Anyway we're back!!!

I have had a few emails about this accusation of theft placebo mentioned above, let me take the opportunity to say here, that I have emailed the moderator for details about this. It is a silly matter that will be resolved soon.

Regarding our Beta wink_o.gif

So here is a progress report,

At the moment I am going through the beta's models, as you know in the ALPHA some were in a rougher condition than most. There was also a lack of correlation between some of lt hunters great weapon lods and our units.

This will be resolved and will result in a further increase of unit performance.

Other fixes include more scripting, and improved graphics for the custom map. Including a whole whose of custom buildings. To be honest it is in this particular area that most of the BETA's work will be placed into wink_o.gif

Through using the Battlefield series of books, we are working from a map in that volume to further customise the map to as it appeared preciesly by the '2nd Battle of Bull Run.'

Ideally we will have a campaign in that setting also, but it may have to wait until the final release! v1.0

Likewise a poll was made about what extra regiments folk would like to see included, we took a listing of about 20, the good news is that these will all be included in the BETA as soon as the basic issues are resolved.

This will actually make the mod the biggest of this era in terms of units (including NCO's) with some well over 200+ types. (which is silly really but who cares hehe)

Righto, there will be a few extra famous characters, and we are welcome to hear suggestions for those!

Also there will be a few extra weapons also, including the amazing Gatling Cannon Hunter did, and also a new sea-faring frigate with groovy scripts and customised crew.

Apart from that, I am welcome to any other positive suggestions there are out there!

Pics will be getting posted this week - as u see we will be coming back and kicking ass for good wink_o.gif