Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Nogovan Light Infantry

Quote[/b] ]Am I gonna get "raped" now cause I sayd that?

No, just regarded as handicapable.

Spot on mate.

@ all please don't flame, i don't want this top to be closed. thank you all, i don't mind remodelling my infantry to include flak jackets, if it improves how they look its no problem smile_o.gif

Also i have received permission from Mig from the Farmland Mod for the use of their Gas mask, for my Counter Terrorist Assault Operatives.

Hmmm Vietnam era flakjackets? you'ed be lucky to find any that provide any projection, those things are more like collectors items, the PAGST Body armour, would seem to be a more sensiable option, though i do notice the helmet seems to Polish or russian? would make sense to get the armour ( if they did indeed get any from the same place they got the helmets smile_o.gif )

The Russian Motor-Rifle troops (Pre-2000) are equipped with a heavy and bulky vest that apparently provides decent protection. While I doubt any would have been left behind in the Soviet withdrawl from Nogova; but come the fall of the USSR they could have been bought en-masse, rather cheaply. With a little retooling (IE: FN-FAL suitable pouches for magazines, etc) they could be rather useful for some Nogovan Infantry units.

I have got permission to use the Body Armour from DeadMeatXM2 Police addon pack.

Screenshots:

Nogovan Infantry in Body Armour

NLI0021.jpg

Nogovan Counter Terrorist with Body Armour and Gas Mask

NLI0022.jpg

@kala

ok kala next time you make a nice cool model/addon i use it in one of mine without saying its been done by you.

it has to do with respect.

and as i see it you dont seem to know this.

as long as you use model parts for you very own amusement

(like parts of my mercs) and you dont show any screens of it in whatever forums and dont release it, then its your own business...

trust me ill be waiting kala...

Looks good mate, any projects for ArmA??

Why does that keep coming up (everywhere)? We're going to need the updated tools first to make any mentionable progress on anything (and by "we" I mean addon makers as a whole).

On a side-note, the units are looking pretty good, I look forward to their release. Just a hint for when taking screenshots, unPBO Data.pbo and Data3d.pbo and put the resulting two folders in your O2_Viewer folder (i.e. where the Buldozer.exe file is) and the proxies will show up, and they'll be textured as well.

@ Jackal326 Thanks for the tip , ill do that, would make screen shots look a lot better.

@helping_hand, I have a few ideas for Armed Assault, one is to continue my Nogovan Light Infantry into Armed Assault, though would need some one to import Nogova in too. Also maybe making an infantry pack to provide simple east and west generic troops.

Sexcellent roadkill, and j326 its called advanced planning, seeing as we dont get the game till 2007...

@kala

ok kala next time you make a nice cool model/addon i use it in one of mine without saying its been done by you.

it has to do with respect.

and as i see it you dont seem to know this.

as long as you use model parts for you very own amusement

(like parts of my mercs) and you dont show any screens of it in whatever forums and dont release it, then its your own business...

trust me ill be waiting kala...

Sorry, but I ain't makin no addons.

It was just a shoot of emo, I'm sorry if I sayd something totally wrong.

Good looking units you got there ROadki smile_o.gif

@Neph:

I think you got your point with not giving permission and

Roadki's reaction was straight and quick without any

arguing about it - he took the headset out.

To me it looks like it wasn't intended to steal something

from you but that's my opinion. Though you're right

to keep your work save but you don't need to keep pointing

all time on this now since everyone (except one biggrin_o.gif ) seems having understood.

On the other hand Roadki asked for having peace in this

thread - so your issues with Kala could be kept in PM's.

Otherwise you would make more contra-work to his project

than he did to you. wink_o.gif

Just my 2 cents

~S~ CD

Heh, I think I allready cut the problem, I didn't pick the topic up again and I sayd sorry, I had expression of emo.

And Sorry for craping the thread that much, wasn't the only one though.

hi, all i have a question what would be better all units to have body armour? or only special forces units, desert infantry and an recon platoon.

Any ideas would be most appreciated, also my normal infantry will be having the same camo, as my sf units as it blends in a lot better to nogova's terrain.

Thanks all

Only certain units i say.

IE

Officers, SFG, RECCE / Scouts. the others would look better without seeing as nogova isnt the worlds leading economy

Regards HH smile_o.gif

I think light flak vests isn't that big problem, u could put them on everyone(not sure though), CT units would have already bulletproof vests, like 3rd class protection ones.

Well the vest i have seen so far, go well with what you have got, you could always do a rifleman with and with out the vest. Imo I like the soldier with the vest. smile_o.gif

thanks for all your comments, i will have some new screenshots to show soon smile_o.gif

Right All Time for an Update finally, once i finished the necessary bugs this will be my last release. Now for some pictures:

FN-FALs - i have to state this weapons are from Tonal Redux, i have gained permission from InQUisiToR who created the weapons, so i can release them as a standalone addon.

NLI0087.jpg

NLI0086.jpg

NLI0016.jpg

NLI0084.jpg

NLI0081.jpg

And Now for some Vehicles:

UAZ - a simple BIS Uaz with Russian Star removed for Nogovan Symbol

NLI0089.jpg

MI8

NLI0092.jpg

NLI0094.jpg

Nice to see the update! I'm looking forward to this release.