Sign in to follow this  
westy159

A New Enemy

I wont be happy if our enemy for game 2 turns out to be, again, communists with AKs. Im ok with it being in Armed Assault. But once its finished and BI start focusing on game 2 I hope they make a new, original enemy perhaps armed with the french FAMAS or something, just for a change you know? What would be even better is if we didnt play as the Americans! Perhaps if the USA wasnt in it at all. Why not play as the British or be part of the armed forces in a small European country or Pacific island?

I think it doesn't really matter, because only the units are different and probably there will be many addons covering many countries. And most of the conflicts in recent history were NATO weapons vs Warsaw Pact weapons. Basically every country uses NATO or WP weapons, of course modified ones. Well, not every but many. I think that was the reason for BIS to choose US vs USSSR.

I hope BIS go the same way as with OFP and make it a plausible story line. That leaves the hotspots of the world to set it in - the Middle East, former Russian States, Africa or South East Asia.

Could of course go the war on terror approach. Or a real possible scenario - a campaign against well organised and equipped terrorist groups that are trying to shut down the Western world by controlling the oil supply. A campaign that could take in Argentina, Chechnya (sp?) and of course the Arab states.

Have to wait and see, but I have faith in BIS to turn out a stunner.

Denz

(Lets have console version though PLEASE)

rather than America vs pansie terrorist/rogue group, i'd prefer to have:

'Uber Leet Armed Country armed with 115 divisions'

vs

'Uber Leet Armed Country armed with 115 divisions' + you

America vs China I say!

The most technically advanced army vs the largest army in the world!

I can imagine a million screaming china men charging your position and you gun as many as you can down only to be over run by the sheer amount of enemies!! would be insane!!

Or how about something...

WITHOUT AMERICA wow_o.gif

That would never happen not in a game and not in real life  wink_o.gif

China would be real good but who would they fight? The only other nation thats superbly equipped in that sphere of influence is N. Korea and that just ain't likely to happen.

Round 2(proper) of the Korean War then!!! China & N. Korea against S. Korea and whoever else gets involved.

Personally would love for us Brits to start smacking the French around again (our oldest and proudest enemy)! Waterloo 2015 anyone?

Actually that doesn't sound too bad - Despot takes control of the European Union and has to be put back in their place. All those modern armies to destroy and to use

Yeah one big African conglomorate!

I thought of that but discounted it because apart from a few nations they just don't have the equipment or the training to fight a prolonged campaign. Plus they would never stick together it would just disintegrate into infighting (along old tribal boundaries) without the western forces needing to fire a bullet.

Maybe South Africa could be the embattled nation asking for help?

But if that were the scenario would the Cubans make an entry again?

And what would this be without the old Rhodesian Light Infantry

As per the article any western force would be tied down by the sheer number of militant immigrants that would be in their backyard. The most likely and realistic storyline threat would come from (has to be said) Islamic nations.

Maybe Arab-isreali conflict, in which USA or some european country joins in favour of isreal while the entire arab league morocco to pakistan gets involved against isreal. Maybe you get to be a peacekeeper of some sort

Canada versus Denmark.

Hans Island declares independence from Denmark in April 2006 and thousands are killed in the ensuing conflict between ze evil Danes and the HIA. (Hans Island Alliance)

NATO calls for an immediate summit on the situation and Denmark is forced to relocate all armed forces in the foreign Hans Island soil to its own country. However a very patriotic commander by the name of General Güba rallies the troops to his cause and continues the invasion of Hans Island.

All countries vote for the liberation of the island and Canada is sent as it has the only forces able to be deployed in less than 24 hours in the area considering the United States is already preoccupied with Iraq and Afghanistan.

The actual island:

Hans_Island_001.jpg

It does really exist... crazy_o.gif

I like it! But shouldn't that be Gubĺ?

Besides, I think BIS should be very careful with choosing a potential future conflict as the background, exspecially if it is a plausible conflict. For example: Battlefront.com, the developers of Shock Force, were rather stunned when Israel invaded Lebanon. Shock Force is about a potential conflict between Israel and Syria... When the fighting in South Lebanon began, the prospect of Syria getting involved suddenly looked very real. Can you imagine the consequences for the developers, should such a fictional backgroung scenario occur?

Ok after realising last night that I was getting waaay too real, I thought of something else.

The polar ice caps have melted and its a fight not only for the uncovered resources but for higher ground aswell.

Could be a massive free for all with whatever countries players want to get involved. {edit: Forgot some details:- Being in the southern hemisphere I thought Australia & New Zealand maybe Japan against the usual suspects of China/N.Korea, Argentina or maybe India or Pakinstan -though not together of course}

Mathieu love the Canada vs Denmark notion. The idea that only they could deploy in time as everyone else is already tied up is brilliant.

Ok after realising last night that I was getting waaay too real, I thought of something else.

The polar ice caps have melted and its a fight not only for the uncovered resources but for higher ground aswell.

Could be a massive free for all with whatever countries players want to get involved. {edit: Forgot some details:- Being in the southern hemisphere I thought Australia & New Zealand maybe Japan against the usual suspects of China/N.Korea, Argentina or maybe India or Pakinstan -though not together of course}

Mathieu love the Canada vs Denmark notion. The idea that only they could deploy in time as everyone else is already tied up is brilliant.

Ugh. That sounds like BF2142.....

to be honest I don't really care. Just liked the debate. No matter who they are I will still blast the s##t out of them and run them over in my tank pistols.gif

Just really want it to have a plausible background story

I think perhaps the Amaricans are in it but you play a soldier from, say the UK

what about a nato take on a rebel faction and then australia comes and help them. pistols.gif

How about this: Germany & Japan against the rest of the world?

naaah, not again tounge2.gif

As long as there´s still Mod´s being produced i don´t really care.

i think too many games these days have the US army in them.. it gets gay after a while.. an european force could be good beciase you could make an great story with just that.. take for example "Tom Clancys, 'Red Storm Rising'"

North Korea vs. USA!

NK Base:

2:"10 o'clock, enemy Silo, 1000 000 000"

1:"2, engage Silo"

2:"Engaging"

A few seconds after in the US base:

2:"12 o'clock, unknown Nuke, 5000"

1:"2, move to Bunker"

2:"2, Negative"

2:"Can't get there"

2:"Injured"

1:"3, engage Mutant, 200"

Mkay, maybe not. How about Chechenya, as has been mentioned in the thread? Russians with tanks, artillery, helicopters and crappy webbing against Chechens with old AK:s, civilian support and knowledge of the area.

Or mid-90's Serbia, Bosniaks, Serbs, peacekeepers, civilians, dead civilians, you know, all that stuff.

Australia + NZ + US + whoever else vs. some sort of amalgamated Asian horde.  biggrin_o.gif

I like it. Becuase it got Aussies in it. wink_o.gif

How about a huge battle in Africa around Sierra Leone or that area and a British/French/US task force versus Militia/African Army