Sign in to follow this  
Kos'aaK

Any other (ex) Battlefield 2 players?

I don't think BIS will stoop that low, don't get me wrong BF1942 series games were alot of fun, but they totally screwed BF2 up an look how long it took em to geta replacment. Size wise well u can probally fit the whole of BF2 maps probably into 1 town of AA. Thats what i hated so much about BF2 was the nice lil red slashes stopping you from going any further or u died, very unrealistic!!!

Yeah I also played BF1942, BF:Vietnam, but BF2 erm... no way. BF2 was totally screwed, and omg the map size, are you kidding me ? That mapsize for an Airplane ? ROFL !! You need to fly uhm about 5-20 seconds, and you will have to turn arround, or you will go out from the zone. Lol that is so bollox. Even for choppers the map is too small, not talking about the planes. Well in this point I like Joint Ops, they didn't do the the mistake with the planes in their game, and I like it. And please don't talk about those Pilot "Pros" who just get their kills by fly off the carrier>spawnrape>back to carrier for ammo>spawnrape>back to carrier etc. I've played BF2 only for about 50 hours, and those I spent on city maps, cuz they had no planes, but those city maps, are bollox as well. And afterall Screw EA and BF

Joint Operations is the only game that even comes close to Armed Assult with the vast landscape an ungodlly huge maps. Not to mention 3 yrs an still going strong. I guess thats why I still play it everyday til AA comes out.

Joint Operations is the only game that even comes close to Armed Assult...

Er... no, not even close smile_o.gif .

Yes, EA really botches it when it comes to map size.

Even their large BF2 maps are not fit for any of the airplanes.

Well mabye Wake Island is, but's that's only one map out of all of them.

OFP really was the king for large maps and flying.

I hope that flying planes and choppers will be a bit more easier and arcade like in AA than it was in OFP.

Thanks and see you out there,

Loki Sunrider

Your last statement kind of causes me to raise an eyebrow. Arcade? Why would any of us want that? If its harder that just makes it so that you have to practice more and learn to understand the system than saying. "Oh theres a helicopter I'm gona go get alot of kills!" Aside from that,Armed Assault is supposed to be more realistic,an arcade flight model more than OFP would completely contradict that and piss off the community and I do not think that is what BIS wants. Ya loose the community,you loose everything. Unfortunatly big time companies have lost that saying..

I have a really expensive set of coasters called BF, BFV, BF2, ect ect. All BF versions, should be recalled by the creators and manufactures due to many flaws!! When it comes to realism and fast action, we play RainBow 6 #3. When it comes to combat realism, tactics, planning and long fun games, we all join up in OFP. I've also played JO, But the demo was as far has I wanted to go with that 1.

My .02

If I wanted to play an arcade game I'd buy a console an do it or goto a penny arcade, to me OFP was the ultimate combat sim! I've been in the Army an been to war an it was the only thing that even came close to causing that sense of fear an unknown,not to mention the tactical aspect. Nothing else out there ever did that. Hope ArmA does the same. An if'n I wanted to run n gun i'd load MOH , BHD , or COD back up. Can't wait to see the ppl try to run n gun in ArmA. rofl.gif

I'm moreso eager to watch people charge full speed with an AT launcher on their back and into water and drown..only to do it again. Thats gonna be great.

lol and lest not forget the

OMG *Critically wounded* medic!!

re-charging--- Bzzzzzt ----- alright your good to go!

what the hell!

lol, but i do play it when im in the mood for a fast paced game.

When you die online in Arma you cannot respawn? A two hour mission is over for you?

I played BF2 since the beginning and I don't like very much the pace of the game, and now I'm thinking on starting on ARMA.

When you die online in Arma you cannot respawn? A two hour mission is over for you?

Depends on the mission, there are different types of respawn.

The default respawn a la BF where you can choose your spawn position, respawn where you died, respawn at a standard place, respawn as a seagull, and other types of respawn can be made, like some kind of 'medic respawn', or a respawn when the players who are still alive completed an objective... Its al up to the mission-maker

Everything is possible in OFP/ArmA smile_o.gif

Let some of us play BF2 till ArmA comes out. If anything well have a slower learning curve...ie (easier targets) for ya'll when the chosen one arrives.

Don't hate all BF playa's! smile_o.gif

Actually, most missions on public sewe.. err servers seem to use respawn. Our squad however almost exclusively prefers the ones without respawn meaning that if you die at the beginning you have to wait for 30 minutes on average unless the admin has mercy on you (ie. some script goes apeshit and teleports you into ocean).

Personally, something good to read and kegetyses ofp launcher giving me an audio cue when a new mission starts alleviates the problem quite well.

If I have to wait longer than five minutes to respawn in Armed Assault, then it should support alt-tabbing. confused_o.gif I guess five minutes isn't that bad though, as it could be worse, like two hours.

You could just play the "action oriented" missions that have unlimited respawn if you can't take it. Since pretty much everything is scriptable by the mission maker you can have it exactly as you want, there's no set mission types and there sure as hell is no reason why the respawn should always last 5 minutes or anything like that, it's all up to the mission maker. And having JIP features like character switching gives lots of new respawn possibilities. You might respawn as a civilian or some animal while you wait for the next attack&defend round for example, or some AI on your side. Or you could JIP to another server for a quick deathmatch meanwhile.

I couldn't agree more not to use Electronic Arts as the US/CA distributer. EA is getting a huge backlash from the BF2142 in game advertising/adware/spyware fiasco. I for one will never buy another EA game. In fact I'm trying to get my pre-order money back from buying BF2142.

Not talking about getting exclusive license over various sports and then, being the exclusive game-makers for it, charging everything (tutorials, new stadiums or teams, etc...) on top of the game price.

That's the new trend, it seems. The bigger they get, the higher their monopoly on the market, and you're screwed.

Be glad BIS looks like they carefully chose their publisher.

To be fair I agree with respawn but would'nt be fair to respawn where you died(less a Medic does it) otherwise it should be at the derfault spawn or one of the base/cities/towns your teams captured. Anything over 30 minute wait time will probably have ppl comin an goin from the server.

There should be a form of respawning obviously. I'm curious to see how they solved it.

Medics shouldn't be able to revive someone to send him back into battle, that's just stupid.

Medic: "There you go buddy, go back and kick some ass! I'm sorry I couldn't stitch up that hole in your belly this quick!"

Soldier: "No problem, I can fight like this!"

There should be a form of respawning obviously. I'm curious to see how they solved it.

Medics shouldn't be able to revive someone to send him back into battle, that's just stupid.

Medic: "There you go buddy, go back and kick some ass! I'm sorry I couldn't stitch up that hole in your belly this quick!"

Soldier: "No problem, I can fight like this!"

no, there obviously already have many forms of respawn, the problem is:which one you like the best biggrin_o.gif

Respawning is ok if u come back as part of a planned reinforcement. Besides that I think dead ppl should wait. You should really fear getting killed, that's an essential part of a realistic combat environment.

Also: Respawning is nice for the "BF" style matches..

Although you loose all sence in the words: Combat SIMULATION.