Sign in to follow this  
Kos'aaK

Any other (ex) Battlefield 2 players?

You kind of forgot AI?

I personally think the greatest thing OFP has going and sets it apart from other games, is the AI - especially AI in multiplayer. Of course it's a combination of things that makes ofp great, no doubt, but as far as I can tell there doesn't exist more than a handful of multiplayer games that includes ai (a few flight sims and freespace?) - apart from a pile of fps' with rotten scripted bots whom no one plays with.

OFP's AI, however dumb it seems sometimes, is really quite ingenious, and there aren't many who play ofp's multiplayer modes without any kind of ai.

(Team)Deathmatch anyone? Yawn? I would think so...

AI helps "fill up" the battlespace so to speak. Otherwise we end up with 1on1 skirmishes at random locations on a huge map. That's why bf is normally more popular on huge servers with 60+ players because otherwise the maps just feel empty and dull.

OFP's multiplayer on the other hand can easily be enjoyed by 2 players and 20 assorted AI.

AI is the winning ticket.

You kind of forgot AI?

I personally think the greatest thing OFP has going and sets it apart from other games, is the AI - especially AI in multiplayer.

yeah, when they shoot you through bush and you can't see them biggrin_o.gif

yeah, when they shoot you through bush and you can't see them biggrin_o.gif

It's funny, but we hear this regularly yet in all my time playing OFP I never once remember being shot by AI through bushes when they shouldn't have seen me. crazy_o.gif

i belive there is a thing in the engine that if you stay in a bush ,you are actually hid. but if the ai see you go in the bush you fooked smile_o.gif. the magic knowsabout .321 <? if i remember c is restored in the bush. or maybe i saw it on an old war movie and had to much cheese smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]yeah, when they shoot you through bush and you can't see them

Well, haven't you ever shot an AI soldier that just ran behind a bush? It's not rocket science.

Im a Owner of VBS1, OFP & OFPR Great game, I own 50 or more simulaters * FPS. Out of them All VBS1 & OFPR TEnd to be the BEST of ALL. Plus theres a wide range of Communities {Squads} & MOD devolopers. AND more realistic. I know BIS will release the game of the Decade.

I also own BF2 and like yall said after awhile the same scenario gets old.

CANT WAIT TILL Armed Assault Release

It is nice to see new people getting in to OFP.

I found bf2 to arcadish and repeditive. I got bored of it after about 150 hours of play. Too much emphasis on arcade play and medal grabbing and none on team play or realism.

should have added the bunch of little sook kids playing that cried every time you killed them etc. That was annoying as well.

BF2 is ok for some quick shoot me up fun, but it gets boring after a while. I think the ranking system hurts teamwork.

Definatly not buying BF2142, saving my money for arma smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I got bored after 200 hrs playing BF2. Too few official ranked maps, and all of them involve the same type of gameplay. In OFP you can create all types of gameplay missions. Huge variety.

I got bored after 200 hrs playing BF2.

crazy_o.gif Jesus christ, 200hrs?

i admire your taste.. confused_o.gif

i got sick of it in 30 mins

200 hrs is nothing..At first, I played for badges, then was whoring aircrafts with my friend...and later I was using MI17 strapped with C4s to bomb blackhawk point whores...it was fun..I stopped playing after they nerfed blackhawk, and noobed the aircraft missiles.. pistols.gifgoodnight.gif

I got bored after 200 hrs playing BF2.

crazy_o.gif Jesus christ, 200hrs?

i admire your taste.. confused_o.gif

i got sick of it in 30 mins

I played the demo for a few days and realised it was not the game for me ...

Yeah, the mods are the only reason why its still on my system. BFpirates looks sweet. I played like 500 hours of bf2. Then when they started with the booster packs i said forget this and so i did.

Indeed,thes so called 'booster packs' and 'patches' just screw things up worse,to be honest I think EA added those little awards just to keep people playing it,I'v heard many say that had it not been for the awards,they wouldn't be playing it,problem is people seem to do anything for the awards,and we don't need desperate people in armed assault willing to kill a few team mates just to steal a vehicle,likewise we don't need people who ignore their team mates,ignoring a fellow soldier in bf2 because they want a ride is rude but not nearly as big as it would be in Armed Assault,hell that alone might get you shot by your own team because you didn't help them,so why should they help you.

Its like a gunfight,you and a few soldiers come into combat and you need somebody to cover you,depending on how much of a kind person is,they may or may not help you,chances are if you help them,they will help you,if you leave them to rot,then so will they you.

Ranks and awards are the worst things that can really be introduced in AA,people strive to get the higher score yes but they usually leave their team mates behind for it. Unless there was a rank system or something of a nature that would give you a higher score if your team WON a round,not by how many kills you get. Thats alittle idea I had with vehicles,it seems a bit silly to see a private piloting a helicopter. So basicly you would have to work to unlock these vehicles,but it would be by completing missions online,so for one you get enough experience on the ground first and two you learn how to work with your team and IDENTIFY THEM so you don't kill them with a vehicle by accident. Some of these bf2 players are blind to uniforms it seems,I'm really dreading them comming over,that and if I hear somebody talking in their little internet lingo called leetspeak or some bs I'd loose it,not to mention all the corrections.

"you wanna fly or gun?"

'its pilot! Its pilot or co pilot! THis isn't bf2 get your terms right please!'

Yes I'm a bastard at that and I admit it,but in a game like OFP you have to be specific of a target and whatnot,you can't just say tank,its usually best to specify the tank. I mean,is it a M2A3 ,M1A2,T-72,T-80,M60A1/3,BMP-2. Yaknow? (Thank goodness for the OFP text message that identifys them for us,otherwise we'd be screwed in alot of situations.)

I duno,maybe I'm just too strict,I probably take OFP too seriously,but I believe teamwork is vital in the game,more than in any other game,and I have seen too many instances of people failing to show this figure,not to mention check their team mates uniform or their targets.

WEll I'm a Project Reality www.realitymod.com player. I like it, its fun and way better then Vanilla BF2. Its still arcadie, but its just the game.

The one huge thing I love about OFP is just the damn size. I love the missles in @WGL the indirect ones, its like watching a real gun cam.

Now the biggest thing ARMA need to do is get the damn gun sights right on helis and tanks, Modders try but can only go so far. Maybe with the new shaders they could add IR look.

gun-cam-ah-64-0.jpg

Welcome, Kosaak.

OFP's biggest problem was the lack of mid-game joining, as Battlefield 1942 had, being released just after OFP:CWC.

ArmA will have mid-game joining.

The user community can make any vehicles, maps or soldiers you want and you'll be able to use them in a mission or match of your making.

Welcome home.

Thanks smile_o.gif

Realitymod was the only positive thing that happened to BF2 although I still found myself playing vBF2 more often. Maybe the awards and badges? The ranking system was very bad, it discouraged teamwork and and and... I like this about OFP, you want to help others ingame smile_o.gif

I played 340hrs of BF2 BTW (nick KosaaK - the game didn't even support a bloody " ' " sign) tounge2.gif I'm a loyal guy but EA turned their back on the community and I cannot ignore that although most of my clanmates are still playing. I hope our guys will like ArmA when it comes out so we can move from the BF franchise. It's a big change because of the ingame controls and generally a move from one franchise to another.

I think people here are too elitist about their stance as a "realism" gamer (hahaha OFP realistic). Get over it. Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2 players are not stupider then you or worse people then you.

BF2 and OFP are different games. BF2 is arcade. Sometimes with OFP I dont want to play a long drawn out tactical escapade, I just wanna blow shit up or Im tired and not in the mood for that crap. Thats what BF2 is for, quick fun. And unlike many of you people say, it is fun in a different way, and apparently the hundreds of thousands of people who play it see it in a good light, and no matter how elitist you are, you cannot say they are all stupid.

Hey all,

I've posted just a couple of times, but nothing in depth. When i saw the BF2 title I knew this is where i could have something useful to say.

I'm a current BF2 player and some say i am decent, others could say i have WAY to much free times on my hands. Like everyone else here, I loved OFP, it was my first game i ever joined a server and played online.

I currently update 2 differnet sites on ArmA updates, screen shots and other info. Nothing serious, just getting/keeping the word alive.

I must say though BF2 and OFP/ArmA are two differnt games. And they should be treated accordingly. If any of you have seen or played BF2, it is a BEAUTIFUL looking game. But in itself thats not enough to capture everyones heart. I love the idea of 'going anywhere, doing anything'.

Many of the people I associate with care only for graphics, games like ... Call of Duty 2, F.E.A.R, Half Life 2, PREY etc ..etc .. and thatys fine, they like fast paced games where if the go in with their guns blazing and die.. in 10 seconds they can try again.

In my local area i do a bit of LAN gaming, and to be active you need to have a current game, well the battlefield series has been prevalent over the last 5 years. Thats why i've been so heavily addicted to this game. Deep in my heart I wait for the reunification of my beloved.

Were (BF2 players) are not disfunctional in anyway.. i mean were 300,000+ strong from:::::

United States Germany United Kingdom Canada Australia France Sweden Netherlands Norway Japan Finland Denmark Belgium Switzerland Austria Spain Poland Brazil New Zealand Italy Russian Federation Hong Kong Thailand Taiwan South Korea Hungary Czech Republic Ireland Portugal Singapore South Africa Israel Greece Turkey China Slovenia Mexico Croatia Estonia Iceland Puerto Rico Luxembourg Slovak Republic Colombia Afghanistan, Islamic State of Philippines Argentina Yugoslavia Romania United Arab Emirates Malaysia Venezuela Bulgaria Latvia Chile Jamaica Kuwait Bosnia-Herzegovina Lithuania Albania Saudi Arabia Iraq Ukraine Algeria Andorra, Principality of Cyprus Vietnam Holy See (Vatican City State) Malta Cuba Peru Kazakhstan Jordan India Iran Dominican Republic Costa Rica Macau Morocco Angola Indonesia Liechtenstein Zimbabwe Bahrain Egypt Lebanon Netherlands Antilles Aruba Gibraltar El Salvador Barbados Myanmar Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands North Korea Swaziland Macedonia Guatemala Ecuador Fiji Pakistan Panama Trinidad and Tobago Anguilla Martinique (French) American Samoa Honduras Virgin Islands (USA) Christmas Island Faroe Islands Bouvet Island Suriname Armenia Belarus Guam (USA) Virgin Islands (British) Monaco Bermuda Cayman Islands Antigua and Barbuda USA Minor Outlying Islands Cambodia, Kingdom of Guadeloupe (French) Brunei Darussalam Uruguay Azerbaidjan Mongolia Reunion (French) Georgia Bangladesh Qatar Cameroon Sri Lanka Zaire Greenland Unknown Laos Moldavia French Guyana Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyzstan) Bolivia Nepal Polynesia (French) Oman Palau Mauritius Seychelles British Indian Ocean Territory Syria Paraguay Heard and McDonald Islands Tuvalu Senegal Tunisia Nicaragua Western Sahara Uganda Madagascar New Caledonia (French) Wallis and Futuna Islands Libya Togo Tanzania Equatorial Guinea Ethiopia Uzbekistan Djibouti Niger Sudan Eritrea Montserrat Saint Helena Yemen Kenya Guyana Nauru Micronesia Mali France (European Territory) Niue Belize Guinea Gabon Central African Republic Ghana Cocos (Keeling) Islands Great Britain Papua New Guinea Turkmenistan Nigeria Lesotho Congo Tonga Benin Burkina Faso Cook Islands Falkland Islands Burundi Botswana Kiribati Somalia Pitcairn Island Dominica S. Georgia & S. Sandwich Isls. Zambia Bhutan Vanuatu Sierra Leone Mozambique Mayotte Cape Verde Marshall Islands Norfolk Island Liberia Saint Kitts & Nevis Anguilla Comoros Saint Lucia Turks and Caicos Islands Gambia Grenada Namibia Haiti Saint Pierre and Miquelon San Marino Chad Rwanda Tadjikistan Maldives Guinea Bissau East Timor Saint Tome (Sao Tome) and Principe French Southern Territories

In ending I hope we can be friends (BF2 & OFP players), None of the people game with (in the states) find OFP that interesting. I'll need a group to get on TS/VENTRILO with and chat it up.