Sign in to follow this  
ALYGATOR

OFP-D Afganeveron v2.0 and AfganPack v2.0

URRAH!

Thanks. Downloading now, feedback to follow, unless I end up burning the rest of my day drooling over this.

Now... where'd I put those OWP Mi-8s.

Looks very good indeed. Hmm, there was something about stopping for a tea in the description... any chichas?

Excellent update! thumbs-up.gif

Theres a number of LOD bugs throughout...nothing terrible but buildings change as you approach etc etc

Nice job though. smile_o.gif

@ Theres a number of LOD bugs throughout.

Well it's not realy "bug", but rather "laziness" not to have made proper low lod textures for each buildings... it also save space. You can "fix it" by setting your level of details high in flashpointpreference and inside game option menu. these low low lod start generaly at 1500 (in O2) so most of the time one is far enough not to see the wrong details.

Concerning bugs I just found twinproxy on white medersa, bad ground texture South of NorthernAfrica style area and missing of gunner proxy at second lod of greenMG pickup. Concerning Bm21 the lack of proper view in gunner / commander comes from the diffuculties of getting around engine limitations and was just given up.

'hope you like the stuf anyway....

We'll put soon a 30 mission pack for US MP mission and a convertion of same mission for OFrP French Units

We also have a kind of mission depots if some of you made mission for afghaneveron / taleb pack...

your map is really awesome. but i have a little problem

gcs00021pj.th.jpg

gcs00036mv.th.jpg

when this kind of wall is destroyed: if the soldiers pass over the wall, they stay wedged

I downloaded the units.

I did not download this map.

In the editor under the "EMPTY" side if you go to the section for talibn vehicles.... (the one added lowest on the Empty list) ...well, if you click on the section to see the vehicles it duplicates them 3 times each for all the units ...in other words you see "pajero" 3 times in a row, and "Toyota" 3 times etc etc etc.

Is that a bug? or me misinterpreting something?

thanks!

later

---IceFLYER

@ and "Toyota" 3 times etc

It's because you have the 3 sides available for each taliban unit, but under the same sub group and with the same in game name, consequently, it appears 3 time in the empty group

the first in the list is East, then resistance and West, I guess

Great work man!

Is the @ofpd realism minimod going to be updated soon? (Btw, it's my favorite mod and i play OFP mostly with it.) biggrin_o.gif

Great pack Remo! Only a couple of small quibbles so far. Its mainly that these units don't have any HD ammo. Firefights don't last long against these guys as they snipe with fairly high accuracy using AK-47's. The second thing that was disappointing was that now, they use the BIS RP-76 or whatever its called, instead of an actual RPG-7 even though on the editor, the AT guys are labelled as being RPG-7 solders.

I hope that this will be updated with perhaps a version that also has JAM3 units and actual RPG-7's.

But other then that, excellent work.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

here's a full mission I concocted for the purpose of testing the features of this pack, "Battle for Bagrami" is based on a BIS campaign mission but you most probably won't recognize it.

I am very fond of desert-theme and couldn't find any other missions so I thought it appropriate to share it here.

Download Battle for Bagrami

bagrami3.jpg

Promo pic 2

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> ----------

README

----------

Battle for Bagrami

SP Mission

using:

Remo's AfganEveron Island and Taleban Units (http://ofpd.org/afgan.php)

Conversion for the purpose of testing the Afg(h)anEveron 2.0. release by Remo.

Adapted by coldfrites from mission 16 in Resistance Campaign.

(All credits go to BIS/Codemasters.)

Some changes:

- player side (GUER) switched to (WEST) Northern Alliance, EAST to Taleban.

- Original WEST American supporting troops unchanged

- pick-up trucks added on Taleban side, let the guard escape in his white truck and you will see them coming back at ya ...

Download locations for the 2 packages: AfganEveron Island and Taleban Units

ftp://www.gamepark.cz/ofpd/islands2/OFPDAfganeveron2.rar

ftp://www.gamepark.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/OFPDAfganPack2.rar

No mice were hurt during the testing of this mission.

Known issues:

- BM21 can be used with "manual fire" only, AI can't use it (you can insert ZIL-trucks for more fireworks)

- "Massoud" unit on Northern Alliance side gets stuck in the ground?

there is a very authentic atmosphere to this pack, and of course islands based on the original BIS relief still can't be beaten

8/10

My favorite map, but needs conifer forests in the mountains to resemble the region of Afghanistan where the majority of the conflict is today.

The Taliban/NA units and vehicles are too low resolution.

There are numerous shrubs and signs on the roads. And there is a bridge made uncrossable from one side because it is not level with the ground.

Hi Miles, it's pleasure to read you like the map, feel free to use part of it if it suits to your works. I chose at the end not to use 3rd party addons and keep BIS in order to to make the pack compatible with mod like FDD, CSLA or @ofpd. (Vehicles of the pack have HD config)

@ here's a full mission

Great ! Thanks ! by the way you can post missions here :AfghanEveron Mission Depot

@ to resemble the region of Afghanistan

We aimed at representing NorthEast part of afghanistan where Northern Alliance fought against Taliban until 2001, especialy the area north of Kabul in the Panjshir Valley. We worked using photos, google earth and "La Geographie Universelle" (R.Brunet, dir), Vol. 8, Belin et Reclus, 1995, plus various map of the area found on the net and at the librairy of (french) National Institute of Oriental Languages and Civilisations. We put some of our photographic sources here, have a look smile_o.gif

Ah ok. Well if you make both the regular and then in the .cpp config, a 2nd JAM3 set of units, it should still be compatible with all of those mods. That way the player gets a choice and if they use the JAM3 guys on the map editor, it allows for better realism with more realistic AK-47 characteristics and real RPG-7's. As it is now, if I use them in a mission, since I don't like getting sniped at long range by AK-47's, I would have to manually remove their weapons and add weapon scripts in the editor using the JAM3 weapons. So its not the end of the world, but just a bit tedious.

Aside from that I'm enjoying exploring the map hunting Taliban.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Top island Remo I really like it alot.

Is there any intro file for this map for the main screen?

Having just had a little tour around and a few skirmishes on this island I have to say that it's fantastic. It has a great feel to it and it's obvious a great deal of work has gone into it. My only (constructive wink_o.gif ) criticism is that there's no airfield (that I've found). Would be a great addition, even if not 100% accurate in real life.

Top work thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: Ah for f$ck sake! I am destined to make a complete arse of myself on these forums banghead.gif I found the airport! goodnight.gif

biggrin_o.gif

You may find a small airstrip nera mil. a base south

Any chance we can get a CTI version? Less objects? Other than that it's truely a work of art Remo, good job.

- Ack

This is ace biggrin_o.gif Just replaced my default everon island with this to go with my own customized YK23 des config! So far i have been able to play al the CWC campaign mision's on everon without any problem's! Altough i have to say you can tell unit's vehicle's ect arn't quite were they should be,but still playable nener.gif I have VBS! Now i'm thinking if this stuff is free am i stupid crazy_o.gif Thank's again for the island,no thank's to every addon/mod maker(who make's thing's for free)

I have a couple of missions that use this pack and I have a problem using them. It's Talibanus Terminus.CATIntro and Quest for Osama.catintro. I get a message that numerous tailban units are missing and I get dumped out to the main menu. I've tried both versions of this pack and same thing happens. I've looked at the conifg and noticed the "config units" line only has {}, so I filled in all units made a new pbo and still get the same message and dump to main menu. I have all the other addons listed installed...anybody got an idea of whats wrong?  banghead.gif

taleb.pbo which contains the whole "ofpd" Taliban/Northern Alliance pack is 100% standalone (as long as you have OFP V1.96).

Check #1 these missions for CatAfghanistan have been made with ofpd Taleb pack and not another one

Check #2 be sure you have the correct version of the pack. the new one has only 1 pbo as the former one a lot of it which HAS to be removed

Check #3 There is a very light incompatibiliy between the former and the new pack, check the readme it's explained in french and in english

I have a bug report. When Taliban troops dismount any vehicle it crashes our dedi server,doesn't have to be a vehicle from your pack. This is annoying & limits mission making, what could be the problem ??

Great work,cheers.... notworthy.gif