Sign in to follow this  
Gökhan - OFP TURKISH UNION

Faun Franziska SLT56 v3.0

@CBFASI

I see. Indeed it might work with unofficial bridges. If the bridge begins has no sloping part then it works. Check drawbridge for example. The flat, concrete one in the pack almost works. The problem is that its sloping beginning and ending parts. Making such a bridge which fits on a specific point on a map is not that hard. If you demand, we can do yet I think we had better make new addons. This cheers you up much more than the bridge, ain't it? smile_o.gif Ofp.info mirror: Drawbridge Beta 2

@ATC Rogue

Thanks, man. This is not a multiplayer addon essentially. As you know multiplayer addons are different in terms of scripting and level of detail. Scripting of Franziska is not compatible with multi and it's a very detailed addon which would cause lag in multiplayer game as well. We are looking forward to ArmA. Hope it eases this pain and we can make a multi-compatible Franziska.

Guys, thanks for your nice words smile_o.gif Such a great feeling to hear your feedback.

Gokhan

Turkish Union Mod

@vektorboson

Thanks. we examined the file you sent us. Yep, it's smaller. I guessed we somehow missed doing this way so. However it's just saving disk space at all.

No. For people using a slow connection it definitely does make a difference if an addon is 20MB or 1MB. You have to think about them aswell.

Big downloads?...thats what WinRAR is for. In case you didn't notice their RAR'ed file is much much smaller (3.8 megs).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Big downloads?...thats what WinRAR is for. In case you didn't notice their RAR'ed file is much much smaller (3.8 megs).

Oh, didn't check that out now. My bad then.

Absolutely brilliant mate! This opens up a whole new spectrum for mission creators and future addons. I tested it with my Fokker pack and the fit perfectly on the trailer. I'm also happy to see that you did something about the LOD system.

(Guess that trance music is good for your scripting capabilities wink_o.gif .)

cheers, Wouter

BTW, nice website

Quite impressive... you could work for the BWMod too thumbs-up.gif

I love this huge thingy, alsways like such huge trucks.

Very nice scripting work aswell, the mission was nice too.

Damn i want the russian equivalent for ArmA... ^^

kzkt7428.jpg

Sorry for the Hijacking ^^

for some reason, the ukf warriors dont work on the trailer - i cant work out why, as they're just using your general apc class...

Bit rusty but also nice, right.

Btw anyone knows if the FAUN and the KZKT-7428 are somehow connected?

On some russian webpage about it i saw the FAUN mentioned but due to a lack of knowledge of russain i could find out what they said.

WoW. This babe is awesome. Congratulations, I love it.

One tiny thing. Your ReadMe says :

Quote[/b] ][your trailer's name, your truck's name] exec "\TU_Franziska\script\tow.sqs"

I got the script to work by reverting the two parameters :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[your truck's name,your trailer's name] exec "\TU_Franziska\script\tow.sqs"

Thought you might want to know.

Thank you for that top-notch addon !

Ig.

guys, i made something funny biggrin_o.gif

Franziska towing Franziska on SLT56 and T-80 "towing" Franziska on SLT56, because Franziska needed to rest after towing T-80 all the map around rofl.gif

P.S.  notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif

for some reason, the ukf warriors dont work on the trailer - i cant work out why, as they're just using your general apc class...

They work apart from some of the FV 510 variants. If you turn the vehicle sideways when loading it up, the lock vehicle actions appear, but if you do this the Warrior starts to fall off and jumps about on the trailer. All the non-510s work AFAIK so it's somet to do with the Warriors I guess.

Great work on these btw, Murat & Gökhan. Some of the most impressive scripting work I've seen in an addon. Truly revolutionary stuff.

With this new technology somebody could also make a working patriot system, which will also be moveable! wow_o.gif

Russians are still using ZIL-135 trucks for towing (you see that Maz on Gedis' first two pictures, they look almost identical). There are more of those heavy towing trucks in the Russian military then any other. Spetnaz mod already made a model of Zil-135 truck for their Luna-M launcher. Perhaps a good idea would be to work with Spetsnaz guys together and use your scripts and their model to make the Russian version of this good addon.

Zil-135 for trailor towing? O.o old Maz-537 is used for that, to tow tanks, spg's and other vehicles...

Wachtmeester posted: April 28 2006,15:44

Quote[/b] ]Absolutely brilliant mate! This opens up a whole new spectrum for mission creators and future addons. I tested it with my Fokker pack and the fit perfectly on the trailer. I'm also happy to see that you did something about the LOD system.

(Guess that trance music is good for your scripting capabilities  .)

cheers, Wouter

BTW, nice website

Thanks dude! smile_o.gif Glad to hear that you like them. Incidentally, I'm gonna submit one of my tracks to a music contest till 3 may. Afterwards I can make a simple mission for it or a video clip on ofp and share with you. just an idea...

Igor Drukov posted: April 28 2006,18:43

Quote[/b] ]I got the script to work by reverting the two parameters

Thanks Igor. My bad. We changed the method many times and I must have written the old one. I will correct it if we release a bugs-fixed version. Okay as you said, the new lines to call externally are as follows;

For towing script:

[your franzisa,your slt56] exec "\TU_Franziska\script\tow.sqs"

For loading scripts:

[your slt56,your cargo] exec "\TU_Franziska\script\lockVehicle.sqs"

or

[your slt56,your cargo] exec "\TU_Franziska\script\lockVehicleF.sqs"

Gedis posted: April 28 2006,19:24

Quote[/b] ]guys, i made something funny

Franziska towing Franziska on SLT56 and T-80 "towing" Franziska on SLT56, because Franziska needed to rest after towing T-80 all the map around

Gedis, use it at your own risk! This addon burnt my harddisk several times!!!  

Just kiddin'!  hehehee yay.gif

da12thMonkey posted: April 28 2006,19:39

Quote[/b] ]All the non-510s work AFAIK so it's somet to do with the Warriors I guess.Great work on these btw, Murat & Gökhan. Some of the most impressive scripting work I've seen in an addon. Truly revolutionary stuff.

Thanks dude smile_o.gif As I said, there is nothing left we can do for the trailer. Addon makers may test their vehicles for compatability. They can easily find the problem and make a revision in minutes.

By the way, about the script; Shorter trailers give better results. This is why WW2EC's addon, PAK36 + Krupp, in 2003, was towing its artillery piece much better than Franziska v3 does in 2006, even though their script was a starting point when compared to our current towing script. Firstly, for our v1.0, we had tried their script and it was a little hopeless. To sum up, shorter trailers give impressive results.

PAK36 + Krupp @ gamepark.cz

Gokhan

Turkish Union Mod

www.turkishunion.com

yay.gif

Great news ! Thanks Gokhan (and other members of the Turkish Union).

I'll test it tonight.

Very nice work guys! But after installing TU addon pack I got this: "no entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.DKMM_MG3"...this mod isnt compatible with DKMM? Or what is this?

Wonder if theres non-towing version of Faun?

Very nice work guys! But after installing TU addon pack I got this: "no entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.DKMM_MG3"...this mod isnt compatible with DKMM? Or what is this?

Wonder if theres non-towing version of Faun?

We use DKMM MG3 for our machine gunners. Its .pbo is included with Turkish Union Addon Pack v2.0. I guess you didn't see it.

Franziska truck can be used as a single vehicle without using the towing function. So you can use the official bridge and dance over steep terrain smile_o.gif

Thanks for pleasant words! inlove.gif

Gokhan

Turkish UnionMod

www.turkishunion.com

We use DKMM MG3 for our machine gunners. Its .pbo is included with Turkish Union Addon Pack v2.0. I guess you didn't see it.

Franziska truck can be used as a single vehicle without using the towing function. So you can use the official bridge and dance over steep terrain smile_o.gif

Thanks for pleasant words!  inlove.gif

Oh right...didnt notice smile_o.gif

About the truck...i dont mean the tow-truck...i mean maybe Faun fuel transporter or just cargo truck like 5t smile_o.gif

Thanks for pleasant words!  inlove.gif

Oh right...didnt notice smile_o.gif  

About the truck...i dont mean the tow-truck...i mean maybe Faun fuel transporter or just cargo truck like 5t smile_o.gif

Ah I see. smile_o.gif Really don't know. I'm sure Murat knows...

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

www.turkishunion.com