Sign in to follow this  
Gökhan - OFP TURKISH UNION

Faun Franziska SLT56 v3.0

Cheers! smile_o.gif

It's has been a long time since our last release. Nowadays our real life jobs don't give us peace really. smile_o.gif Thanks for your infinite patience. Finally Faun Franziska SLT56 v3.0 is available on our website. smile_o.gif Yeah, you heard right;

Another suprise is that; now we have our own website with substantial bandwidth. Hope you like it. There, Franziska v3.0 is waiting for you.

Visit www.turkishunion.com

Faun Franziska SLT56 v3.0

Contents

1. Faun Franziska

2. Faun Franziska SFOR

3. SLT56 Empty Trailer

4. SLT56 Trailer with static M60

5. SLT56 Trailer with static YPR765

6. One Demo Mission

(Includes hidden objectives, radio talk in Turkish. Flexible difficulty: Try to destroy enemy tanks.

You will see what it means. smile_o.gif

7. Rich Readme& Manuel both in English and Turkish

Features:

-No Pre-defined Cargo

Forget about pre-defined cargo! You can load and transport almost any official and unofficial land vehicle. There is just a simple size-oriented limitation and that’s it. Other than this, the only major limitation is your imagination. The size limitation is that if your cargo is as long as the trailer you had better not to load it. Like in real life...

Not every vehicle (official or custom) has the same “centre valueâ€. Thus you’ll see that different vehicles which are loaded onto the trailer stand relatively some forward or back. Therefore, we incorporated two user menus; Lock Cargo and Lock Cargo (Forward). The latter is more suitable for big tanks and big vehicles. The other is more suitable for APC class vehicles and the rest.

-Better Towing

On previous version, trailer was sliding to right or left on sloping surfaces even when driver stops the truck. Now, if you stop the truck, then sliding stops as well. Thus, you can park on slopes from now on.

-Speed Limitation

Cargo reduces speed. Enhanced realism…

-Smart Reverse Flasher

When you go reverse by Franziska, flasher automatically turns on now. When you stop going reverse the system activates your previous light choice. Probably it’s the first time on Ofp.

-Better Ramp and Trailer Way

Now loading cargo over SLT56 is easier. Cargo doesn’t jump anymore.

-Various Improvements

•Improved scripting, skimping on CPU power.

•New signs on Franziska. SFOR and warning in Turkish.

•Two New SFX. Besides better balance between sounds.

•Certain improvements on models.

TU_Franziska_v3_sc01b.jpg

TU_Franziska_v3_sc02b.jpg

Gokhan

Turkish Union Mod

www.turkishunion.com

Just down loaded...will try this evening.

Looks awesome......I really liked the readme

"if you experience slowdown/lag.......buy better hardware rofl.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I'm just establishing a new mirror for you on ofp.info. Your Faun looks very nice!

#FoX.Flyer posted on April 27 2006,15:54

Quote[/b] ]I'm just establishing a new mirror for you on ofp.info. Your Faun looks very nice!

Thanks man smile_o.gif We always appreciate ofp.info. We would like to see our works on your portal.

Gokhan

Turkish Union Mod

Indeed! Great job on this Franziska, can't wait to give it a try in game.

And glad to see you finally put online your new website!

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

I'm going to test this right away! WEEEEEEE! yay.gifyay.gif

Nah, more seriously. The thing looks nice, and the features look awesome. Thank you.

first this is really a great addon bur if you dirive with the slt and an trailer over nogava the trailer gets smashed befor you at the half of the island!

It get smashed easyly by the terrain how can i solve this??

Gokhan nice to see the updated Franziska m8 thumbs-up.gif

The upcomming addons also looks great wink_o.gif

Everyone go to their site and look to the upcomming addons all looks great wow_o.gif

Keep up the great work guys wink_o.gif

Gokhan & Murat harikasiniz progress addonlarda super gorunuyorlar wink_o.gif

sakura posted on April 27 2006,17:44

Quote[/b] ]first  this is really a great addon bur if you dirive with the slt and an trailer over nogava the trailer gets smashed befor you at the half of the island! It get smashed easyly by the terrain how can i solve this??

First of all, it's very simple for us to reset damage level of both the trailer and the cargo. Yet, this time, when the trailer or cargo are attacked, for example, they won't be affected anymore. This would reduce realism. If you demand this really, we can make some option.

Other than, this bug is inevitable to some level. However, to eliminate this;

- Prefer flat routes. You can observe where the terrain is less sloping. Using roads is also essential on sloping terrain. Driving very slower over slopes helps as well.

To minimize the damage;

-Always use roads on sloping terrain. Keep in midn that big tanks and vehicles are more likely to damage the trailer over sloping terrain.

Gokhan

Turkish Union Mod

Just some small nitpicking:

The Franziska.pbo is 24.7 MB big, that comes from the franziska.p3d, which is a whopping 18 megs!

I don't know how you managed to do this, but this comes from the fact, that the model is using the Animation-section of the P3D. So my suggestions is:

a)

Create a new empty P3D, and copy the LODs one for one into the new one.

or b)

You can download my replacetex-utility from my homepage (click on my WWW). It is a command line utility that replaces textures. You can just type in some texture that does not exist and it will fix your P3D (it will say something along "animations not supported"). It will create a new P3D that is as big as a).

Beside this, nice addon  smile_o.gif

18-24 megs when the usual hard drive these days is atleast 8 gigs -.o; Great addon,glad it has been updated and the properties of the cargo and sliding have been made better ^^

18-24 megs when the usual hard drive these days is atleast 8 gigs -.o; Great addon,glad it has been updated and the properties of the cargo and sliding have been made better ^^

The Franziska.p3d is right now 17.5 MB big. With method a) (method 'b' somehow didn't work very good???) the size of the franziska.p3d can be reduced to 1.80 MB. That's about 10% of the original size.

Now imagine, that every addon would be 10 times as big as it really needed to be. All my addons-directories weight together 1.29 GB. Now multiply this with 10: 12.9 GB. I guess this is not what you want, do you?

Just some small nitpicking:

The Franziska.pbo is 24.7 MB big, that comes from the franziska.p3d, which is a whopping 18 megs!

I don't know how you managed to do this, but this comes from the fact, that the model is using the Animation-section of the P3D. So my suggestions is:

a)

Create a new empty P3D, and copy the LODs one for one into the new one.

or b)

You can download my replacetex-utility from my homepage (click on my WWW). It is a command line utility that replaces textures. You can just type in some texture that does not exist and it will fix your P3D (it will say something along "animations not supported"). It will create a new P3D that is as big as a).

Beside this, nice addon  smile_o.gif

We had already done your "a)". This doesn't reduce the size. The point is that we used PboX not MakePBO and prefered no compression for components. You know heavy compression causes lag. 18 MB is not whopping smile_o.gif Most data files of games are really big and this is not problem as long as you have enough harddisk space. Here data flow rate is essential. Besides, glad to hear that you liked. thanks smile_o.gif

Gokhan

Turkish Union Mod

whoa.......its there finally............got a quick run........works flawlessly.........u can put any cargo class frm tanks to aircrafts.........awesome job

notworthy.gif

tu1.jpg

tu2.jpg

We had already done your "a)". This doesn't reduce the size. The point is that we used PboX not MakePBO and prefered no compression for components. You know heavy compression causes lag. 18 MB is not whopping smile_o.gif Most data files of games are really big and this is not problem as long as you have enough harddisk space. Here data flow rate is essential. Besides, glad to hear that you liked. thanks smile_o.gif

Hi Gökhan,

you should know that I am one of the people who advertise no compression in addons. But nevertheless 18MB is very much for a model, that can be only 1.8 MB   wink_o.gif

I've sent you a PM with the much much smaller Franziska.p3d.

Cheers

hi ho...

my ofp folder is at the moment 19 GB.

if you like the game (like me) space is no problem biggrin_o.gif

about the addon: nice work tested it. but found one thing...

i can´t drive the german addon tank (leopard) on the

trailer.

greetz

themaster303

I have no problem to drive an 2A5 or 6 On the trailer and Lock it !

Works fine for me!!

Have had a small issue when fording, the loaded vehicle stays at the height above water, and doesn't follow the trailer bed down.. (tested with falk LVTP).

Cheers back smile_o.gif

@vektorboson

Thanks. we examined the file you sent us. Yep, it's smaller. I guessed we somehow missed doing this way so. However it's just saving disk space at all. All right, we're gonna update it with a new version. The file you sent has different LOD values and this must be corrected though.

@themaster303

This must be related to land contacts of the leopard you mentioned. Some unofficial vehicles have "different" land contacts and this may be problem for the trailer. However official vehicles and most unofficial vehicles I've tested, have good land contacts and thus they work fine with the trailer. Mod makers may revise their land contacts easily for compatability issues.

Gokhan

Turkish Union Mod

Do not ford then.  biggrin_o.gif

Nice work TUM.

The way it's meant to be played! hehehe yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Just kiddin' biggrin_o.gif Thanks Tankie!

@CBFASI

If you provide me with its download link then I can test and reply. Till that time, you had better listen to tankieboy! rofl.gif

Gokhan

Turkish Union Mod

Its download link is unable publicly, but will check with other publicly available items.

Just happens that the map I am working on has large fords, and as the transporter wont work on bridges its the only alternative, but the affects I think is like bridges and will just be a put up with it until they hopefully have this sort of issue sorted in ArmA.

Not a big deal, just wasnt sure if you knew

I downloaded this today and I must say it's superb. I tested it in multiplayer and got some bugs so I thought I'd let you know. I think it's possible out of sync somehow because the back part of the trailer once connected kept slipping out of sync with the front part while driving along, at times it became completely seperated and almost drove itself in random directions. This all happened with empty trucks so I know it wasn't anything I added.