Sign in to follow this  
PainDealer

IDEA Games at E3

I remember last E3, it took Gamespot almost a few weeks to post up the new news about BIS Games.

I wont expect anything from Gamespot anytime soon... Depending on how good of a small show IDEA is pulling off.

You guys realize that L.A. is GMT - 7 hours right? The fun hasn't started yet...

E3 opened at 11am LA time, which was about four hours ago. Or was your point that it hadn't got into full swing?

Edit: Kentia Hall (where IDEA are) opened two hours earlier at 9am

Of course IDEA don't have an "open" display, but two meeting rooms. Thus they will mostly see people by appointment, not passing traffic. As I understand it anyway.

I imagine BIS will begin to update their Armed Assault pages as time goes on. They know these next three days are huge, and that the attention towards PC gaming is at its height during this time.

I'm sure we'll get some updates soon, I'm just not sure how soon. I wouldn't worry about it, we all know that BIS is a smaller developer, and the companies like IGN (and TV networks like G4) only focus on the EA, Ubi, and Valve like game releases.

I guess we'll just have to wait, and see what happens. Does anyone know if someone from the OFP community will be somehow attending E3?

i hope so, or i'm going postal at BIS's HQ 9am monday morning.

you hear me BIS ?!!!!!!! give us information or prepare to die !

er. yea.

Here's a hypothetical question...

"what if..."

A bunch of gamers were camped at IDEA's booth drooling all over Armed Assault, and smothered the booth so much that potential publishers decided not to bother trying to elbow their way through the crowd to have a discrete business to business discussion on how to publish all the games made by the developers that IDEA collectively represents?

Wouldn't that constitute an abject failure of IDEA's purpose of being there at E3? If those distractions end up interfering with a potential publishing arrangement, would the addicts here really care, or blame it all on BIS? Last I checked, IDEA had a meeting room, not a promotional booth. Sure media publicity is cool and all, but what about the risk of ArmA becomging the next DNF or Starcraft : Ghost due to fan interference with publishers visits?

Oh yeah, in case you were wondering, the same goes for VBS at ITEC. Military customers can be even more finicky than publishers.

they could sell this game for twice the price, round the back of the bike sheds in an unknown school somewhere in the world, unadvertised, and it'll still be a top seller.

anyone involved from code to shelf would be plain dumb to not jump at it. there's a small army of people waiting with baited breath for this game.

There are probably many publishers well-aware of Bohemia's success story. Good ones too.

I think it would be awsome if Eidos Interactive was interested.

There are probably many publishers well-aware of Bohemia's success story. Good ones too.

I think it would be awsome if Eidos Interactive was interested.

Eidos, you say? So it's no longer with half-leg in the grave? I hope you know what I mean. wink_o.gif

I don't think so, Quake wars look amazing, Revolution from nintendo is a new way of understand the console games, and games like dark messiah looks promising, but obviously not related with military sims smile_o.gif

Revolution from nintendo is  a new way of understand the console games

Nintendo Wii damnit. yay.gif

Wow, what a rush of posts for some downtime and E3.

Let's all just push away from the keyboards for a moment wink_o.gif

We've all waited this long, a few days of IDEA meeting with pubs won't set the world on fire. As a previous poster shinRaiden explained very well, they should be meeting with who THEY want to publish this masterpiece they've designed and labored over for years. This is a very serious game we are getting to play in the future.

The same game, in some aspect, that military, police, and other agenties purchase for training people for actual combat situations. So if IDEA/BIS want to make sure perfection is acheived I am willing to wait.

I'm glad they aren't the "flashy EA pump it out as fast as we can" style company. They aren't trying to dazzle the "main stream gaming media" with the same old tired styles of gameplay that have been barfed up for years on end.

IDEA is looking to satisfy a very die-hard gaming niche that is loyal to a point of refreshing pages every three second wink_o.gif Instead of continually pressing them here for more info, we should be out there shouting from the rooftops in gaming forums that this will be the game that makes the other FPS's look like the tired old games they are.

To this day, there hasn't been a game I have bought, that has keeped me continually coming back and loading mods, addons or whatever, as OFP has.

So as I end the rant, let's just step away from the keyboards, and start pounding in the BF2 gamers head that this is the game to get

Hello all inlove.gif . I have a lot to say, but I have about 10 hours worth of c++ homework to do now, and Kentia hall opens again in less then 14 hours, and I want be over at Idea games again at that time.  thumbs-up.gif

idea1.jpg

idea2.jpg

(click for original image from my crappy camera on these next 3)

idea3.jpg

idea4.jpg

idea5.jpg

Only members of Idea Games were present at E3. No one from Bohemia Interactive came because they have offloaded this responsibility onto Idea (so BIS can keep working on their games this week instead of dealing with the press and people like me)

You'll be getting lots more info soon I expect, so I'll just sum it all up quick now: Armed Assault kicks ass, no publisher yet but maybe soon

-Ziggy- @ May 11 2006,05:07)]
this is the game to get

this is THE game to get. inlove.gif

That is a proper correction biggrin_o.gif

hey Thru did you play Apha prime?

Thanks Thruyersternum!

The grass in the top clickable pic looks fantastic. Not blocking your view like all the others I've seen, actually done right and the proper color. (hey, I'll analyse ANY ArmA info I can get!wink_o.gif

You are our eyes and ears, you know your mission! Be brave soldier! wink_o.gif

And have fun thumbs-up.gif (I'm jealous as hell)

Man, thats a small cubicle. They need to make a bigger sign or something. Tear down the walls so people can see you!

Looks like there are advantages to lending the PR jobs to the IDEA Games collective. Also, hope those other games get a little notice too.

Maybe I'm over-reacting, but those guys seem a little bored.  Of course when you have prelims crashing in at any second with your world being torn to shreds, a lot of people seem bored to you. banghead.gif

[_URL=http://waskosky.com/images/blog/e3/idea3full.jpg][_img]http://waskosky.com/images/blog/e3/idea3.jpg[/img][/url]

[_URL=http://waskosky.com/images/blog/e3/idea4full.jpg][_img]http://waskosky.com/images/blog/e3/idea4.jpg[/img][/url]

He he. They've got exactly the same monitor on those photos that I bought recently. Looks like ArmA does support wide-screen native resolutions.

Thanx a bunch for the pictures ThruYerStErNuM notworthy.gif