Sign in to follow this  
PainDealer

IDEA Games at E3

seems like a candidate for me smile_o.gif

Which also happens to be Idea Game's neighbour in Kentia Hall biggrin_o.gif

So idea games and akella are swapping post-it´s between their booths?

Or does it mean something else tounge2.gif

If it is the same Akella I know then we're trully screwed. First of all they are russian publisher, so i doubt that means worldwide publishing deal, and second of all.... how do I put it.... they suck nutz. sad_o.gif

Recently they been known to hype up every single shitty game they publish. Nobody in Russia trusts them anymore. pistols.gif

I've never heard about them and neither there games, and I'm gone keep it that way icon_rolleyes.gif

OK guys, you all talk too much  tounge2.gif so much to read through, even about the one preview, I'm not as motivated to read speculation knowing stuff first hand, now I know how Placebo feels. band.gif ALL band.gifband.gif

Well I'm back from spending a goood deal of time with Idea games, I think they might be sick of me by now, Jiri called me "too educated" (Although I will be back tomorrow, I'm growing on them dont worry wink_o.gif )

I've heard probably most of what they've had to say across the press interviews, I've spent probably 3 hours total around them (Jiri and Robert) in the last 3 days, talking mostly about Armed Assault and Idea Games. I did play Armed Assault btw, did not play Alpha Prime (did not know much about Alpha Prime until today)

Screens wont do justice, but I did notice some UK online guy setting up a video camera in that tiny cubicle, expect nice media very soon.

So many things I could say about the game, but heres a list of some of the coolest things I did not know before E3...

1. THERE IS NO MP PLAYER LIMIT. How many people can join is only limited by bandwidth and hardware.

2. You can gain the ability in the single player campaign to switch mid game from man to man, when I watched Robert show this off he had a list of 3, soldier, sniper, apc gunner.

3. The campaign progresses based on the missions you choose from. The mission selection is limited, but you atleast have the option to play based on what kind of player you are.

4. THE VIEWDISTANCE MAX IS 10000m

5. When at 10000m view distance the framerate was like OFP at 5000m viewdistance, but with no stutters from loading terrain (meaning the OFP: Elite streaming technology is working beautifully)

6. ALL NEW GOOD ANIMATIONS (from what I saw) some were still missing, but the ones I saw were a huge improvement (even reloading)

7. Expected release date from the mouth of Jiri was "Q3 2006" (and it sounded like if they couldn't get an international publisher, they would seriously consider digital distribution, meaning we would be able to play this year regardless)

I am withholding all criticisms and concerns till after tomorrow  biggrin_o.gif

Thx for the update.

Thanks for the update ThruYerStErNuM . smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]When at 10000 view distance it was like OFP at 5000 viewdistance

By this do you mean the draw-distance was like ofp's 5000? or the framerate? or what? Sorry its just a confusing sentance confused_o.gif

Sorry, I meant the framerate. Draw distance has always been measured in meters I think, so I got to see a few frames at that 10km distance

Possibly one of the reasons a demo is inconvenient. There is obviously enough meat ready for demonstration, the game loading screen said the game is 75% complete, and the island certainly looks complete, but if they were going to limit it in any way, how could they limit it more then %50 without taking something out of the island that you might see in a mission? Its kind of like the island has to be almost entirely there for the demonstration to faithfully preserve the experience.

Then again, I do remember some awesome tank battles on the barren valley of Chapoi in the first demo...

So... you "gain" the ability to change characters? I'm intrigued!

Not to press the point too much, but is it possible to not gain the ability?

Man, I wish I was in your shoes, lucky, lucky guy. tounge2.gif

Good news, thanks ThruYerStErNuM! smile_o.gif

All I hope is that BIS won't sign some crappy (russian) publisher's papers just because they are the only publisher interested in the game. Of course that won't happen, but if there's no quality publisher intrested yet, they should distribute it online(maybe on Steam? After all, that's the most famous stuff), and then I bet some publishers will notice it. Though I hope they will find a good publisher.

ThruYerStErNuM thanks for sharing your information with everyone here, it is much appreciated  yay.gif

Guys, there is a E3 trailer now on Fileplanet, it appears to have been uploaded sometime during the night. D/Ling now biggrin_o.gif

Is somewhat shown by ArmA? I cant found a link..

Other films of the E3 were an occupational therapy. smile_o.gif

edit: Thx for Link. smile_o.gif

Guys, there is a E3 trailer now on Fileplanet, it appears to have been uploaded sometime during the night. D/Ling now biggrin_o.gif

Link, link, link crazy_o.gif . Urgh, fileplanet blows crazy_o.gif .

omg, very much complex side... I wait here with a black Popup - nothing happens...

Did one can do the file on a better Webspace uploaden? Give also a FTP for upload... -> toster @ bis-ingame.net or PN

Trailer!?+ crazy_o.gif

Come on guys, link to external server!!

Fileplanet blows for me too.

Trailer!?+ crazy_o.gif

Come on guys, link to external server!!

Fileplanet blows for me too.

probably for most of us......plz someone mirror it.....plzz..

Guest Ti0n3r

Fuck file planet. Does anyone know if there's another place where we can download it?