Sign in to follow this  
mechastalin

BRDM-2 AT3 Sagger (9P122)

Heres the first public beta of my first ever vehicle addon. The model still needs some details added and it lacks a shadow. But I think it's ready enough for some public exposure. Also a permanent mirror would be nice biggrin_o.gif

Bigger Images.

9P122action1.jpg

9P122action2.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/Autozam/9p122action3.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brdm2action0wt.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brdmat3action8lc.jpg

Download

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3TUUFT0O6LGCE3O8MR8I6VMDGO

You guys will also need this Mcar addon.

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VB3M9GEFACIQ1IQYEUMPNPAEV

Special thanks to the Hawk BRDM-1 for the turret model and OFPL for the great BRDM-2. And very special thanks to sa8gecko for helping me with all the Mcar stuff.

It can be found under "East>Armored>BRDM-2 AT3"

Just tried it. The missile is flying off to the right, doesn't hit the target. help.gif

Just tried it. The missile is flying off to the right, doesn't hit the target. help.gif

You need the mcar addon. It's a new version.

I think it reloads waaayy to slow for something that has its missiles already in the loaded position on the rack??Can we speed it up?

I think it reloads waaayy to slow for something that has its missiles already in the loaded position on the rack??Can we speed it up?

I read up that it takes an experienced operator about 20 seconds in between shots to ready everything.

Hey, I'm glad to see you've got it released, but in the next version please make sure to change tags to MEC_ on weapon names as well. I've taken a quick look at the config and I've seen these: OFF_BRDM2KPWT_Mounted, OFF_BRDM2KPWT_Mounted and also some HWK_ tags too. We don't want any addon conflicts going on here. wink_o.gif

Real nice addon.

Good for fast attack runs against single tanks.

What about a desert version? I'd like to see some Iraqi version.

Yeah, that'd be nice. I've heard the IM:UC mod is making one. Sorry for jacking the thread. tounge2.gif

About freaking fu***** time the OFP community got such vehicle - I've been whaiting for such BRDM's for quite a while now biggrin_o.gif

About the loadning time - 20 in RL is ok, but a bit to long in OFP - so can you please set down? wink_o.gif

Yeah I get this to and i DO have the lastest MCar addon sad_o.gif I also get the BIS logo on the side of this addon too

Quote[/b] ]snoops_213 Posted on April 07 2006,11:13
Quote[/b] ] (.COMmunist @ April 07 2006,05:12)

Yeah I get this to and i DO have the lastest MCar addon sad_o.gif I also get the BIS logo on the side of this addon too

In effect you need version 0.91 (or newer) of MCAR engine. The problem is that this version hasn't been officially released yet: you can find it here, anyway:

MCAR engine 0.91

but just for another couple of days, as it is a .yousendit link.

Or download it from the link provided up here by MechaStalin.

I've still to download this BRDM and try it myself: the original range (the one I gave it) was three thousand meters, with AI engaging as far as 2600 meters, but looking at pictures I guess this has a reduced max range of about 1500 meters.

The fact that MechaStalin reduced the reload rate (before was 5 seconds or so) is probably because the operator has to manually drive the missile to the target (this in real life). The vehicle would be too powerful if it could fire faster: a platoon of Bradleys could be wiped out by a single BRDM opening fire at max range, the M2A2 not having the time to come at combat range.

Wow so the AI engage at 3000m? wow_o.gif That would be sooo good! Make this a really dangerous lil asset (this lil thing has got a cute ass though, you have to admit tounge2.gif )

Yay now it works, but i still get the BIS logo, not that big a deal though! Great work!

Real nice addon.

Good for fast attack runs against single tanks.

I plan to have this in the next version. Along with a version carring AT-5 missiles. But I gotta fix some bugs first.

i dont see readme in rar archiwe and also tags issue is bugging me.

please dont release such addons in the future. You used stuff made by others in the way that entries inside cpp are overwritting oryginal addons. its realy not politely to do things this way.

but still, im happy that your willing to create addons, and i understand that its your first addon, just please pay better attention to mentioned issues.

Probably something in config that causes it (that what should make your squad/team/clan's mark seen on the vehicle in MP)

Very good addon! But why BIS logo!!?? crazy_o.gif

Hmm it seems to be a bug. I dont see it on my computer.

Probably an conflict with some other addon.

Probably an conflict with some other addon.

like with the old BRDM-2 addon ?

i dont see readme in rar archiwe and also tags issue is bugging me.

please dont release such addons in the future. You used stuff made by others in the way that entries inside cpp are overwritting oryginal addons. its realy not politely to do things this way.

I also think it needs a new sound when the missile hits the tank. Vit has a good one for his Konkurs ATGM in Vit's APC pack. If you can extract it from there somehow, that would be a better sound for this addon. I think Vit stop making addons for OFP, so he probably doesn't care if you use his stuff. Ask him just incase.

I also think it needs a new sound when the missile hits the tank. Vit has a good one for his Konkurs ATGM in Vit's APC pack. If you can extract it from there somehow, that would be a better sound for this addon. I think Vit stop making addons for OFP, so he probably doesn't care if you use his stuff. Ask him just incase.

I'll give this a look.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm gunna do alot of editing over the next couple days.

PS: Does anyone have any good camo pattern ideas?

Edit: Also, The BI Logo problem is not due to a conflict with the OFPL BRDM as I just checked that.

And does anybody know what LOD controls the shadow? I seem to have lost it when I cleared some things out.

Edit: Also, The BI Logo problem is not due to a conflict with the OFPL BRDM as I just checked that.

I'm afraid it is. What you need to do, is to change the model filename (OFPL_BRDM.P3d) to MEC_BRDM.p3d and then change then coresponding entry in cfgModels section.

If you have the original OFPL soviet BRDM, you won't experience the problem, since its config "overwrites" parts of your config.

We've warned you about this. You really need to fix this. huh.gif