Sign in to follow this  
mechastalin

BRDM-2 AT3 Sagger (9P122)

Edit: Also, The BI Logo problem is not due to a conflict with the OFPL BRDM as I just checked that.

I'm afraid it is. What you need to do, is to change the model filename (OFPL_BRDM.P3d) to MEC_BRDM.p3d and then change then coresponding entry in cfgModels section.

If you have the original OFPL soviet BRDM, you won't experience the problem, since its config "overwrites" parts of your config.

We've warned you about this. You really need to fix this. huh.gif

I've already changed that. So it shouldnt be a problem anymore on the next release.

Well now that I've cleaned it up I ran into the bugs everyone mentioned.

The numbers show up as a constant 666 on the side. The headlights never turn off, And theres the BI Studio Logo.

I have no idea how to fix this.

proper cfgmodels present ? (post it here)

proper cfgmodels present ? (post it here)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgModels

{

class Default {};

class Vehicle: Default {};

class Car: Vehicle {};

class OFF_brdm2: Car

{

sectionsInherit="Car";

sections[] = {"L0", "L1", "L2", "P0", "P1", "P2","at3.01","at3.02","at3.03","at3.04","at3.05","at3.06"};

};

Also the script that makes the missiles dissapear doesnt seem to work either.

what's the name of the p3d model file in your addon directory?

Use this one in your cfgModel. If it doesn't work, post the content of the BRDM AT3 directory and the whole config.cpp.

Or try this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgModels

{

class Default {};

{

sectionsInherit="vehicle";

sections[] = {"L0", "L1", "L2", "P0", "P1", "P2","at3.01","at3.02","at3.03","at3.04","at3.05","at3.06","zadni svetlo","brzdove svetlo"};

};

and of course change 'OFF_brdm2' with the name you gave the p3d model file (for example MEC_brdm2_AT3 )

what's the name of the p3d model file in your addon directory?

Use this one in your cfgModel. If it doesn't work, post the content of the BRDM AT3 directory and the whole config.cpp.

Or try this:

{

class Default {};

{

sectionsInherit="vehicle";

sections[] = {"L0", "L1", "L2", "P0", "P1", "P2","at3.01","at3.02","at3.03","at3.04","at3.05","at3.06","zadni svetlo","brzdove svetlo"};

};

and of course change 'OFF_brdm2' with the name you gave the p3d model file (for example MEC_brdm2_AT3 )

Okay I did all that, But now the vehicle doesnt show up on the mission editor list.

Edit: Everything works fine now except for the numbers.

Post your current eventhandlers class and I'll try to help you out.

I have two of them. Not sure which one you want.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers

{

init = "[_this select 0] call (localize ""MCAR_createProxyAT"");_this select 0 exec ""\MEC_BRDM2\init.sqs""";

fired = "if((_this select 4)==""HWK_AT3"")then{deleteVehicle (nearestObject [_this select 0, _this select 4]);[_this select 0,""A""] exec (localize format[""%1A_PATH"",typeOf vehicle (_this select 0)]);(vehicle (_this select 0)) exec ""\MEC_BRDM2\pods.sqs"";}else{[_this select 0, _this select 4,4000] call (localize ""MCAR_realbullet"");};";

};

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class eventHandlers

{

init="if(!((typeOf (_this select 0)) in MCAR_tiltables))then{MCAR_tiltables=MCAR_tiltables+[typeOf (_this select 0)];};";

};

};

};

as far as i know this wont work. you can only define eventhandlers once (or overwrite them - thats a different story though).

just add the init stuff from the second one to the first init EH (dont put the ; twice though wink_o.gif ).

At a second glance, the problem is located somewhere else. This is based on the released version, so let me know if it doesn't work right on you current version.

1. Open init.sqs and add the following line at the top:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[_this] exec "\MEC_BRDM2\numery.sqs"

2. In the same file change every occurrence of

OFF_BRDM2Init to MEC_BRDM2Init.

3. Open numery.sqs and replace every occurrence of \OFF_BRDM2\ with \MEC_BRDM2\.

Let us know how it works.

as far as i know this wont work. you can only define eventhandlers once (or overwrite them - thats a different story though).

just add the init stuff from the second one to the first init EH (dont put the ; twice though wink_o.gif ).

Actually, I meant something else (cfgModels section) when I was talking about overwriting. Leave the eventhandlers as they are right now, do NOT change them.

Thanks alot! I had completely forgotten to edit the numery.sqs banghead.gif

Now I've just got to get the shadow working.

The second init eH you posted, MechaStalin, has nothing to do with the BRDM-2, but it's related to MCAR stuff: don't touch it or add it in the init eH of the BRDM-2, otherwise this one will not be recognized as target by the MCAR scripts. Just leave it alone.

You'll get the shadow if you have a view LOD with less than 600 vertexes (or about that number, even better if less) and if you have the property 'lodnoshadow' set to 1 in every view lod which has more vertexes (or points, as they're called in O2) than the one meant to cast the shadow. I guess you already know, just reminding.

sorry for the confusion ... i thought he had both in this vehicle class defintion ...  icon_rolleyes.gif

The second init eH you posted, MechaStalin, has nothing to do with the BRDM-2, but it's related to MCAR stuff: don't touch it or add it in the init eH of the BRDM-2, otherwise this one will not be recognized as target by the MCAR scripts. Just leave it alone.

You'll get the shadow if you have a view LOD with less than 600 vertexes (or about that number, even better if less) and if you have the property 'lodnoshadow' set to 1 in every view lod which has more vertexes (or points, as they're called in O2) than the one meant to cast the shadow. I guess you already know, just reminding.

Where can I find the "lodnoshadow" property?

You don't find it. You type it in.

In O2, just open (alt+P, or Window>Named Properties) the properties menu, right click on it, select 'New', then in the 'name' field type 'lodnoshadow' (without quotes and without spaces, otherwise it wont work) and in the 'value' field type in '1' (without quotes) for the view LOD not to be used to cast the shadow, or '0' if it has to be used as shadow (or leave the property blank, that is do not type 'lodnoshadow at all). Please note that LODs with more than 600 points (or so, I don't know the exact number) will not cast a shadow either if you set their 'lodnoshadow' property to '0'.

brdmdesert3ak.th.png

Theres a shot of the new desert version. I'll have the updated version available for download within 30 minutes or so.

The main updates:

I fixed all known conflicts with the OFF_BRDM2.

New AT-3 texture.

New desert camo model.

Here it is. New version of the addon!

I'll need mirrors very soon. This link only provides 7 downloads or so.

Download

Good work!! Nice to see you've taken on board all those comments and made them into improvements.

If the download is limited - I'll wait till someone mirrors it.

Can't wait to try it.

Good work!! Nice to see you've taken on board all those comments and made them into improvements.

If the download is limited - I'll wait till someone mirrors it.

Can't wait to try it.

Dont worry about downloading it. If it dies I'll just reupload it.

Maybe I sound like a broken record, but where're the credits in the readme??

Original authors are:

Offtime, jack_410, alderous and me (and supposedly, Hawk) huh.gif

Maybe I sound like a broken record, but where're the credits in the readme??

Original authors are:

Offtime, jack_410, alderous and me (and supposedly, Hawk) huh.gif

Oh sorry my bad.

I kind of wrote it up in a hurry because I had homework I needed to start and such. I'll reupload it with a better readme.

Edit:Original link updated.