Sign in to follow this  
thrush213

doors

i was wondering will the car doors, apc hatch, etc be animted so when troops deploy, it drops down or opens up to let them out?

I would think so since we've already seen that VBS has hatches that open and close.

I would guess no. And that units just teleport in and out like in OFP. But who knows, maybe you can move inside vehicles in ArmA wow_o.gif

I think, that this function will be in Game2 with proper animation tounge2.gif

I saw soldiers get out from choppers and tanks and they jump from big height. crazy_o.gif (I saw this bug in last ArmA tech demo - video)

Maybe they could make the unit start out in the vehicle after a door has opened, like you know, APC door opens and when someone selects getout they stand up, into some "invehicle" animation, or with that jumping out animation that trucks have bis could make it that that anim starts inside the vehicle and ends up outside.

Would be pretty hard work to make individual getin/out anims for so many vehicles, no?

Don't lose hope. The tech demo is a bit old and Placebo tells us that animations will be worked on last. It could still be fixed.

BIS will have something to work on as they look for a publisher.

I saw soldiers get out from choppers and tanks and they jump from big height.  crazy_o.gif (I saw this bug in last ArmA tech demo - video)

This is not a bug, this is an "OFP Feature"  tounge2.gif

to be fair i hate such feature (read I hate that enter/leave animation missing completely) ...

in moment crew is entering or leaving vehicle is most "vulnerable" moment ...

like someone said in VBS-1 this was improved so let's hope it can be done in Armed Assault too (ie if "default" models / anims are somehow limited it will be still possible for mod makers)

important key is multiplayer implementation for such animations

e.g. to avoid PlanetSide syndrome (each vehicle position have entering / leaving animation but IN that moment is character IMMORTAL (such animation is MP synchronized to watch but no damage from projectiles checked).

to be fair i hate such feature (read I hate that enter/leave animation missing completely) ...

like someone said in VBS-1 this was improved so let's hope it can be done in Armed Assault too (ie if "default" models / anims are somehow limited it will be still possible for mod makers)

e.g. to avoid PlanetSide syndrome (each vehicle position have entering / leaving animation but IN that moment is character IMMORTAL (such animation is MP synchronized to watch but no damage from projectiles checked).

Well it's not any different in real life, chances are you'll get shot in the ass while trying mount a truck under fire. That adds to the strategy, know when it is and isn't safe to enter a vehicle, otherwise people will also be running towards vehicles constantly for refuge.

weapons sounds are terrible crazy_o.gif (M16,M4) - unreal sad_o.gif

many mods/addons use better sounds M4/M16 than sounds from BIS mad_o.gif

---

EDIT: I take my opinions back - my friend send me videos with sounds of M4 - very interesting

M4 and other guns - in ArmA is sound M4 more plastic than in real crazy_o.gif

beautiful monster biggrin_o.gif

I would think so since we've already seen that VBS has hatches that open and close.

BAS UH-60's in OFP have doors that open and close.

Yeah the doors come in handy on those MP trips when you have nothing better to do while sitting in the back lol.

When your in the back you should review the mission plan/assault plan...or enjoy the awsome OFP scenery rather then playing with the doors.  whistle.gif That'd piss me off if Im flying and someone in the back keeps opening/closing the doors. I'd pull over and ask them to stop. icon_rolleyes.gif

When your in the back you should review the mission plan/assault plan...or enjoy the awsome OFP scenery rather then playing with the doors.  whistle.gif That'd piss me off if Im flying and someone in the back keeps opening/closing the doors. I'd pull over and ask them to stop.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Well if you attempted to "pull over" while you were flying, y'all might end up in a smoking heap of metal - I'd take my chances with the doors. wink_o.gif

nener.gif

Unfortunetly the feature didnt make it into the "other" blackhawks wich have static, closed doors, not the best way to fastrope imo whistle.gif .

Get in/out animations and working doors would be hell nice. Like in Vietcong where you could see your squad entering or leaving the hueys. Im starting to think that the free movement inside moving vehicals wont make it sad_o.gif .

I really hope more encouraging news arrive soon...

i guess it could always be put in by mods. since vb1 has it, it seems likely it is possible.

as for troops enter/exit animation. it would be great to atleast have the players dropping out be aligned with the door's opening so they don't just fly out from the skin of the chopper

Well it's not any different in real life, chances are you'll get shot in the ass while trying mount a truck under fire. That adds to the strategy, know when it is and isn't safe to enter a vehicle, otherwise people will also be running towards vehicles constantly for refuge.

uhm that's exactly what i was saying ?! smile_o.gif

i guess You got wrong the beginning of my post (i was referring to that ironic comment from FCOPZ-Illuminator ...

tried to express how i hate the old OFP/OFPR style of sudden POP in / POP out and no animation at all ...

same as i hate Planetside "great" vehicle mount/dismount animations with immortal effect ...

oh well not good start with irony on forums ...

in short what i want to see are smooth enter/exit/use animations for vehicles and mounts synchronized to work in MP with collision detection smile_o.gif

uhm that's exactly what i was saying ?! smile_o.gif

i guess You got wrong the beginning of my post (i was referring to that ironic comment from FCOPZ-Illuminator ...

tried to express how i hate the old OFP/OFPR style of sudden POP in / POP out and no animation at all ...

same as i hate Planetside "great" vehicle mount/dismount animations with immortal effect ...

oh well not good start with irony on forums ...

in short what i want to see are smooth enter/exit/use animations for vehicles and mounts synchronized to work in MP with collision detection smile_o.gif

Well, Like Heatseeker mentioned before walkable vehicles can remedy this, I hate GTA style animations which are fairly fixed and causes "Planetside" syndrome (Im hearing this for the first time but I experinced such cases many times)

For example, current animation can be used for "seated" positions like cars/heli pilots supported with door state & door animation in case,

for APC/Bus/Cargo Aircraft etc there could be 2 steps of animation first is to get through the ramp / loading hatch etc like I mentioned above and then once you're in vehicle, walking around, you can still use the regular animation to sit on seats.. xmas_o.gif

this could also help firing while in vehicles...

Quote[/b] ]this could also help firing while in vehicles...

Yes, it would be nice to have gun fights inside m113s and bmps etc crazy_o.gif Or boats & planes tounge2.gif

Guys ArmA is going to be mainstreamed so im betting we wont even see the "one step up" climb and that we shall just "appear" wink_o.gif

Guys ArmA is going to be mainstreamed so im betting we wont even see the "one step up" climb and that we shall just "appear" wink_o.gif

I doubt that, that's just spending more effort to remove something that already works fine, ending up with a worse product. I'm betting that it will be exactly the same as it is in OFP and OFP:E. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But the getin anims are fugly. Since the game focuses so much on the vehicles we mightaswell have better ones. :P