Sign in to follow this  
Thomas Ryan

Coincidence, I think not!

Anyone who has played both the CWC and Res campaign along with Shadows of the Motherland will have noticed that both James Gastovski and Leon Yesenin both have the same face.

James Gastovski - that last name doesn't sound very american does it, also at the end of CWC when you capture Guba, James speaks to him in russian and Guba yells 'NOOO!' Leon Yesenin foiled Guba's plot in Shadows of the Motherland so maybe Guba hated the fact that Yesenin foiled him and when James spoke to him in russian, maybe he recognised him and that's why he screamed. James was also a spec ops for NATO.

Leon Yesenin - now that name sounds russian, he also was a spec ops for the Soviets and then changed sides to NATO. So maybe the James we all know and love is the same guy who blew up that gas station on Everon. Maybe after a while he got used to an American Accent being around them all the time?

Sorry if this is spamming, I can't really tell, just thought you all might want to know! If this gets locked because it is spamming then I'm very very sorry BIS, really I am.

All opinions on this are welcome, thanks! biggrin_o.gif

It cannot be.

because when CWC starts, the first cutscene is James boarding UH-60 and takes off to everon to check out whats going on when the ruskis invaded. the forst mission on shadows of the motherland is to blow-up gas satation. but that happend allready when the war on Everon is going on. So it cannot be that leonin "turns him slef in" to the americans .. that what i think anyway . . icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi biggrin_o.gif !

Sputnik Monroe: Shadows of the Motherland is a great campaign which you can find here!

mp_phoenix: Good point, never thought of that, OFP really does rot your brain tounge2.gif !

Guest Ti0n3r

As far as I know Gastovski and Troska used to "work" for some kind of special forces together some time before the Resistance campaign.. nener.gif

Hi again biggrin_o.gif !

Yeah, I know that, don't exactly know where that fits in with the whole "Double Agent" thing though nener.gif !

Anyway, thanks for your oppinion Ti0n3r!

As far as I know Gastovski and Troska used to "work" for some kind of special forces together some time before the Resistance campaign.. nener.gif

*cough*

Quote[/b] ]There is an included mission featuring these units that should keep you busy for a while, no other addons needed.

People who completed both CWC and Resistance should find it interesting.

/shameless advertizement nener.gif

You're nuts tounge2.gif

Shadows of the Motherland isn't an official campaign. Lots of soldiers in flashpoint have the same face. Even more of them have the same voice wink_o.gif

Kozlowski and Armstrong have the same voice.. could it be that after the war, Armstrong got plastic surgery and then travelled back in time... reinlisted in the army under an assumed name and got his medic badges so he could serve with himself in the Cold War Crisis a second time?

Think about it wink_o.gifwink_o.gif

Kozlowski and Armstrong have the same voice.. could it be that after the war, Armstrong got plastic surgery and then travelled back in time... reinlisted in the army under an assumed name and got his medic badges so he could serve with himself in the Cold War Crisis a second time?

That's got to be the most logical explaination! wow_o.gif

Seriously I tried.

But I honestly cannot think of anything to say...?

Sausage!

Someone with your history should then realise that, instead of posting spam, it would be better to not post at all in such a case.

Hi all biggrin_o.gif !

I think we can safely scratch the whole coincidence because I've realized that Shadows of the Motherland takes place years after the events of CWC, so James could not be Leon banghead.gif . Ah well, I thought it could be true when I first thought of it  tounge2.gif !

*Edit: plantiff1: that's the pot calling the kettle black nener.gif ! Just kidding, good to have some humor in this topic. (Apart from Espectro's first post crazy_o.gif .)

How is it that you are the pot to my kettle?

I think that this topic might have a lot to do with pot, but I'm not sure it's the figurative kind. wink_o.gif

Moving to UM, better to encourage the further discussion of a very popular campaign than keeping it in general where it probably only warrants closure smile_o.gif

Hi all biggrin_o.gif !

I think we can safely scratch the whole coincidence because I've realized that Shadows of the Motherland takes place years after the events of CWC, so James could not be Leon banghead.gif . Ah well, I thought it could be true when I first thought of it tounge2.gif !

*Edit: plantiff1: that's the pot calling the kettle black nener.gif ! Just kidding, good to have some humor in this topic. (Apart from Espectro's first post crazy_o.gif .)

Hey!

I think Sausages are fun tounge2.gif

Anyway... What is this campaign about? Have I been sleeping somewhere under a rock since I never heard of it?

Lots of soldiers in flashpoint have the same face. Even more of them have the same voice wink_o.gif

hmm, clone wars? whistle.gif

quiet_man

gimme lotta of coins rofl.gif no ... seriously, gimme my money!

... isnt there a mod called star wars?! -.-

... these weeks out now in germany

The campaign is about a soviet spetsnaz who was framed for something he didn't do, drafted to NATO, and then faught his friend Alexi and the infamous Guba on Nogova. You should check it out, it's a great campaign (see posts above for a link to it)

I think Gastovski and Guba hate eachother because of *coughs* end of Resistance campaign.....

Kozlowski and Armstrong have the same voice..  could it be that after the war, Armstrong got plastic surgery and then travelled back in time... reinlisted in the army under an assumed name and got his medic badges so he could serve with himself in the Cold War Crisis a second time?

Quality.

As for the original discussion.

I can't believe that you are actually entertaining this silly idea. You want to find out once and for all? Ask the author. Jeez.

ANNN Question that came uppp !!!!

Is ressitance campaign taking place before CWC ? its unknow ?

1 reason that it takes place after CWC:

Theres a mission in CWC that Guba sends a tape that says that 1000 russian troops will invade malden bla bla bla, and Gostawski Asks Who is he ?

But it raises question in the end.

It says in Red Hammer campaiugn that russian sends in normaly troops to capture Guba. so what army does exctly Guba Command in the Resistance campaign ?

Strange thing isn't it . .

Sorry to bump this, but I had to mentino this. Gastovski isnt really a Russian name. Most Russian last names end in -ov, -in or -ev.

This sounds like a Polish last name. Looking on wikipedia, in the top 15 last names of Poland, there are 10 names that end with -ski.

Gastovski isnt a Russian name, so there isnt a link.