Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA TOYOTA WARS

OK I found out what is wrong, you need to copy all files from the original ECP BIN to the @toyotawars/Bin folder (all except config.ccp and resources.ccp, use the two files provided with the download).

The files you need to copy from your @ECP/bin folder are:

context.bin

Flashpoint.rpt

resource.bin

Sound.h

Sound_dr.h

STRINGTABLE.CSV

these files need to be copied to the @toyotawars/bin folder, then the shortcut will work smile_o.gif

I will update the second post accordingly wink_o.gif

ohhhh yes , you are a monster of the Nature !! notworthy.gifbiggrin_o.gif

now works Fine yay.gif yujuuuuu

Nice to hear William, I will keep this that way in the next update, so that there wont be any more confusion. smile_o.gif

this is a living nightmare biggrin_o.gif spent all day trying to get this damn thing to work but still no luck, ill just keep trying...

I love this mod, this is what OFP was made for. Everything is very well made and the idea behind it is refreshing. Keep up the good work. smile_o.gif

-Pilot

Honcho, I admire your patience of explaining the same damn thing over and over. Some people are just to lazy to read simple step by step instructions. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok peep's,if you can't get the jist of the short cut shinanigans,use kegs mod launcher! Point it to the @TOYOTAWARS folder. Now inside that toyota wars folder also put the toyota wars bin folder and dta folder(the bin and dta folders for toyota wars ECP) Now in the original @ecp folder make a new folder called backup, into this folder move the @ECP/bin and @ECP/dta. Don't copy them move them.Now you can launch kegs mod launcher with @TOYOTAWARS and @ECP. IT works if the shortcut thing is to much to handle biggrin_o.gif EDIT= Doh hope by posting this i havn't confused you dude's even more goodnight.gif

sorry action man, but you do add to the confusion, there will be files missing, and the error-1 will appear, because files have to be copied from the original ecp bin folder too.

Please look at the second post of this thread on how to start the mod with a ECP shortcut, once you installed it that way, you can still use the modlauncer.

AG Smith, yes indeed, for the next update I will offer all in one folder download and provide the needed shortcut biggrin_o.gif

OMFG!!! this has to be the closeset mod to armed assault I reckon! (yep got it to work at last tounge2.gif ) JUST OMG! you have done an outstanding job on this and ive only just started... (playing it) AWESOME!

edit: oMG HAHA! what have you done, it really does feel as though im playing arma (judging by arma pics and vid) the buildings look near identical rofl.gif

Ok i've now spent a few hours at trying to get this to work, I've been through this entire thread, but now must let my head fall in shame.

I can't get this to work as I want.

So far this is what I got

All required addons as seperate (not the one big config)      (tick!wink_o.gif

@TOYOTAWARS mod folder with toyotawar addons                 (tick!wink_o.gif

@ECP mod folder with DMA Naval but no toyotaconfig files yet (tick!wink_o.gif

To this point it works fine

but I would like to change the look and use the DMALEAN animation so I change the ECP bin and dta as described in the TOYOTAWARSCONFIG download.

ECP stalls and locks on its title page banghead.gif

Curious I find that the resource.cpp works fine, and changes the appearance ot the menu screen ,

but the config.cpp causes the crash banghead.gif

I take the time to read through this entire thread and find someone has kindly posted this.

This mod is absolutely fantastic.

Everything you DMA guys have made so far kicks major *ss and changes the entire OFP experience. A zillion thanks !

For peeps confused, here are links to the Bin and Dta folders to be put in the @ECP directory if you want to use the various DMA mods :

<ul>

[*]DMA pack Army with ECP            (if you have @DMApackARMY)

[*]DMA pack Naval with ECP            (if you have @DMApackNAVAL)

[*]DMA Toyota Wars with ECP         (if you have all the addons required)

All these configs will enable you to lean, if you have the DMA_lean.pbo and dmapistolean.pbo in one Addons folder ; if you want to use the entire set of DMA animations, add your anim.pbo into the Dta folders of the packs above.

So basically : back up your original @ECP Bin and Dta folders. Copy and paste the ones above into your @ECP folders. Play.

Hope this helps !

Ok it gets past the the title screen but DMAlean animations don't work banghead.gif

And I noticed that the config.cpp in the latest download isn't the same as the one in the TOYOTAWARSCONFIG download supplied by honchoblack.

banghead.gif

BTW apart from this minor problem the island and units are great! Thank You.

I cant support files that other user upload, I dont know what has been changed in those files, they are not supported by the DMA.

Right, for me it goes:

Downloaded both the Toyotawars.zip and dmalybiacomplete.zip    -done-

Copied the @TOYOTA folder completely into the OFP folder, creating a new mod folder. -done-

In the @ECP folder, backing up the files required and replacing them with the new ones.  -done-

Copying and pasting the new bin and dta folders from @ECP to @TOYOTA -done-

Unzipping the addons from dmalybiacomplete.zip into the @TOYOTA/addons

Copying and pasting my working ECP (with new patch) shortcut to the desktop, creating 2, remaming one of them Toyota wars. -done-

In this new shortcut, changing the target line to <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" - nosplash -nomap -mod=res;@ecp;@toyotawars -done and also tried with the mods the other way around-

And still I get the red screen.  sad_o.gif

Have I missed anything out? Am I supposed to have the DMA army Pack already installed or something? Because it says the only required addon is ECP patched and the lybia map, both of which I've got installed.

I cant support files that other user upload, I dont know what has been changed in those files, they are not supported by the DMA.

Understood Honchoblack

but that doesn't help the fact that the DMA supplied config Crashed ECP. I tried downloading your config twice to ensure there wasn't a corrupt file but no luck.

If your config file is working for others but not for me I have to assume that there is something wrong on my end so I  installed everything on my second 'Clean Version' of OFP and still no luck.

Ant any rate I don't want to give you guys at DMA a hard time over what is essentialy a great bit of work so I went through the DMA-Army and Naval Configs for ECP and made the changes Re; DMA-Lean by Santcuary (Changed relevant lines only)

And now it works fine.

Quote[/b] ]"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" - nosplash -nomap -mod=res;@ecp;@toyotawars

-done and also tried with the mods the other way around-

And still I get the red screen. sad_o.gif

EDIT: mistake discovered by Jackal326, read post below, on why the link didnt work, by adding the same mistake, I get the same freezed redscreen that everyone is talking about.

You also didnt mention that you copied the needed files from the "original" @ecp/bin folder, like told in the installation guideline in the second post of this thread.

These files you need to copy from your @ECP/bin folder to the @toyotawars/bin folder:

context.bin

Flashpoint.rpt

resource.bin

Sound.h

Sound_dr.h

STRINGTABLE.CSV

Do not copy the config.ccp and resource.ccp, those where provided with the Toyota wars download.

Quote[/b] ]but that doesn't help the fact that the DMA supplied config Crashed ECP. I tried downloading your config twice to ensure there wasn't a corrupt file but no luck.

The Toyota wars config provided with the download is not corrupt, it has proven to be working. If you experience problems with the installlation, then its due to a mistake made during installation.

Do not release optional config downloads under the DMA tag, post them under your own tag and mention in the included readme that the config is not related nor supported by the DMA members. To have optional configs floating arround, that seemed to have been released by the DMA will only add to the confusion.

The Toyota wars config has the lean implemented but addressed to the DMA_lib_misc.pbo (so that the Toyota wars mod doesnt need the DMA lean pbo), there where no DMA Naval nor DMA Army configs provided with the Toyota Wars mod. If you should crash ECP with your configs provided with either the DMA Naval or DMA Army pack, you should post the question in the appropiate thread in which those faulty configs where released, please keep this thread to problems that occur with the Toyota Wars ECP config only. This way there will not be additional confussion added on how to install the mod.

I looked at the configs you provided for download, and saw that there are DMA Naval and DMA Army configs provided, how could that have solved the problem you had with the Toyota wars config? The question would be, from which download did the configs have proven to be faulty, then report them in the thread, in which they where released (incase that they where released in some thread as an optional download by a third party, then the DMA cant and will not give any support to that file, how could we without knowing on what changes have been made). Also your configs should be posted in either the Release Day thread (in which the DMA Army and DMA Naval packs where released) or in the DMA lean thread (in the appropiate one regarding on which lean pack you used Next Gen 1.1 or Uni Gen).

This mods units where released as single download to give users and missionmakers, that dont want to use the whole mod, the possibility to make missions with only the addons that are needed. This has proven to add alot of confusion, since people didnt know on what to download. In the future the whole content will be released in a single download, only one folder copied to the OFP install folder and one addition made to the ecp desktop link. (I will even provide a shortcut, but can see the problems coming already because people wont be able to change the target line to their ofp installation folder)

These are the downloads that are needed to get the complete Toyota wars mod:

Download:

DMA TOYOTA WARS

ECP (1.085)

ECP (1.085e) Patch

DMA LIBYA MAP INCL. ALL NEEDED ADDONS

The downloads that are mentioned in the first post of this thread are only of interest for mission makers, they are optional downloads to get the Toyota Wars units as single downloads for mission making. Look at the second post of this thread on how to install the mod, follow the instructions step by step, and the mod will work and I can only supply support for those instructions on how to install the mod.

Actually, he should have used "-nosplash" not "- nosplash" as his target line. The ECP screen will still show if using "- nosplash" as such he should change that, then, theoretically, it should work.

Do not release optional config downloads under the DMA tag, post them under your own tag and mention in the included readme that the config is not related nor supported by the DMA members. To have optional configs floating arround, that seemed to have been released by the DMA will only add to the confusion.

I plead guilty. Just wanted to help. Links have been removed smile_o.gif.

Actually, he should have used "-nosplash" not "- nosplash" as his target line. The ECP screen will still show if using "- nosplash" as such he should change that, then, theoretically, it should work.

Good job Jackal326, the mistake you spotted makes the mistake so many users had reproduceable. If you leave the space between "-" and "nosplash" then your ECP screen will freeze during the red screen. So get rid of the space making it "-nosplash" then you will be able to start the game.

What a relief that this is figured out, since so many reported the freezing redscreen.

Igor Drukov - no problem, no harm caussed I can see the good intention, nice that you understand my notion smile_o.gif

*Cheers loudly*   biggrin_o.gif

yay.gif

Got it working. It was the error in my link. Thanks Jackel and Honcho for your time and patience  smile_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Look what was in the news today

r317419864.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Chadian rebels, former soldiers who have deserted, stand in a small camp on the Sudan-Chad border in this February 10, 2006 file photo. Chad's government said on March 15, 2006 it had foiled a coup attempt against President Idriss Deby by some members of the army. REUTERS/Opheera Mcdoom/Files

wow_o.gifwink_o.gif

Thanks for the info Shashman, so there is still war in Chad, I didnt know wow_o.gif

Thanks for the info Shashman, so there is still war in Chad, I didnt know wow_o.gif

Well, not strictly speaking "war", just what tends to happen a lot in unstable countries.

So guys, get cracking on those missions, there's your inspiration wink_o.gif

I'll be making a few DMA MP maps soon smile_o.gif

Actually, about a month ago Chad announced that it was technically at war with Sudan due to Sudanese militias crossing the border and attacking refugees from Darfur.

Actually wanted to post this 10 hours ago but had to leave for work..

To anyone still having problems adding DMA leaning to their ECP config´s:

Open the CopyPasteMe.txt supplied with DMALeanMod.rar,

press ctrl+a followed by ctrl+c.

Go to your ofp install folder, open @ECP\Bin\config.cpp,

then make a search for cfgmoves, you should be transfered right to a section named: class CfgMovesMC.

Put the cursor in front of the word "class" and select everything all the way down to the last semicolon before it says "class CfgAmmo".

After you´ve made sure your selection was right hit ctrl+v.

Then close and save the ECP config and make a try, i guarantee for nothing since im still glad it worked for me whistle.gif