Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Mate, I did competition rowing. Not only is there an issue holding the gun out like that, there is an issue with the strain the wrist is going under. Why is it always presumed that soldiers have 'superhuman abilities over that and above civilians'?!

Ok, not superhuman, but still incredible.

He wasn't Army, but ol' Swoffie excercised 30 hours a week in his prime.  Besides, soldiers often don't have much to do in their spare time except for...  -Anyway, I'm sure they've got strong wrists.

This soldier doesn't seem to have a problem with holding a huge gun in both hands even while stomping on an aliens neck.

duke.nukem.3d.jpg

icon_rolleyes.gif

Did that guy ever take a rifle safety course!?!?!

Look!  He might soon shoot his leg with the right-hand weapon!  Who is this guy? crazy_o.gif

So many unsafe gun owners give a bad name to the responsible ones. sad_o.gif

Guys, u should see the latest video from E3 the sprinting animation with a gun held in one hand is no longer there, when a solder is sprinting he holds teh weapon with both hands as it should be. I'm actually ecstatic they killed off the old animations and have something that looks and feels as real as it gets. It was my fear they would leave the old animations for the new models. Also I HOPE!!!! they will not implement this stupid feature of dead body removal from the gameworld - it's used in so many games now when bodies start disappearing the moment u turn your back on them. I will be seriously disappointed. I know it's inevitable in multiplayer but singleplayer should never have this feature. If such feature is introduced it means programmers did poor job on the game engine and simply gave up on optimization.

webpage: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/

video download link: ftp://www.gamepark.cz/ofpd/videos/armedassault.wmv

BTW does anyone know what's happening with jet fighters in ArmA and whether they will have realistic destruction animations/physics when crashing. As it stands in ArmA now when a jet plane crashes it crumples and keeps on bouncing along the ground like a can of pop with the plane's body largely intact.

I thought the walk-and-shoot animation was a little jittery, but I agree that BIS is doing a great job with animations.

Does anyone know if the reload animations in Armed Assault will actually involve the magazine being removed from the weapon or will something like that be limited to the realms of game 2?

I hope they put the magazine reload animation. not like in ofp

I hope they put the magazine  reload animation. not like in ofp

Dont count on it, altough they changed alot of things in the engine, i think that thats still the same (also because we still have the same anim for each weapon (or it looks like that...))

Does anyone know if the reload animations in Armed Assault will actually involve the magazine being removed from the weapon or will something like that be limited to the realms of game 2?

I don't think anyone knows yet. At some point, they had changed the animations in Armass (as much else) to match OFP:E's, but those are just a different animation, nothing happens to the weapon model. That was in an early version, so I guess they are working on it, who knows. I hope so.

Guys, u should see the latest video from E3 the sprinting animation with a gun held in one hand is no longer there, when a solder is sprinting he holds teh weapon with both hands as it should be.

I am torn between:

"once again, that wasn't a sprinting animation, the soldier was about to fall down to the ground"

or:

"*cencored after cooling down*" smile_o.gif

Either way, I hope the "swap" gui can be custom made, or even pasted on objects (monitors?), so you can pick your unit in style smile_o.gif .

how does a 2006 fds dont have a gun reload animation??

since doom dont remeber one who doenst have

Huh? O.o....OFP has reloading,but the clips aren't pulled out,you kind of reload and yet you don't...but I'd rather have it like that,at the shoulder or waist (unless prone) part,rathing that these games that have the ability to run AND load infront of your face while running,or the ones that to 'reload' the gun goes off the screen.

how does a 2006 fds dont  have a gun reload animation??

since doom dont remeber one  who doenst have

Well, if you think about it, every game from Ghost Recon to Counter-Strike just plays the reload animation without the mag removal if you look at a character from the third person.

It's just a performance design choice not to have the first person view, as the "camera" is placed in the head of the in game character. While you could put a type of LOD on the player's specific weapon for the purpose of reloading, the lack of reload modeling allows mod makers to make a lot of various types of weapons fairly quickly without animation experience.

It's sorta the same reason why the first few Rainbow Six games had no gun models.

Oh, never seen those before. xmas_o.gif

Good, I didn't want to post old news. Everything is hotlinked now....

Damn I get a forbidden error. Okay its a firefox error,works with IE,wee new pics! *Reveiwing*

Thanks for the link ^^ Great pics,I don't really see much wrong with the game. "See" being keyword,it all looks excellent imho.

how does a 2006 fds dont have a gun reload animation??

since doom dont remeber one who doenst have

Well, if you think about it, every game from Ghost Recon to Counter-Strike just plays the reload animation without the mag removal if you look at a character from the third person.

Counter-Strike Source shows the mag removal in third person.

what can we say about improvements on this pic, plz help cause words escape me.. confused_o.gif

arma_preview83_small.jpg

Enlarge

feet go along with "elevation", they fixed it right?

:arma_preview82_small.jpg

enlarge

upside down t-72, t-72 and the brdm-2 appear to be crashing into each other aswell as both of them + bmp-2 ignoreing the m1 :hm