Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

What a hell .......... , great !

See the water on pic 3 yay.gif

The water is still strange for me. Probably because of wawes direction along shore.

There is an strange shine on the sandbags on the first shot

I hope this is a placeholder or something to be fixed, because doesn't looks good to me, looks like a "plastic-sandbag" crazy_o.gif

If the waves are final, I think it would be better to remove them from inland water.

i have to agree, the waves dont have any kind of realistic look to them. - i think it's because they dont break at the ends and are one nice straight line.

hopefully it's a W.I.P.

I hope this is a placeholder or something to be fixed, because doesn't looks good to me, looks like a "plastic-sandbag"  crazy_o.gif

They are made of gold! wow_o.gifwink_o.gif

I like the screens, although they seem to be made with quite low settings (people, turn AA on when making screenshot, for fuck sake)

If the waves are final, I think it would be better to remove them from inland water.

How do you know it is inland water? Am i missing something?

I hope this is a placeholder or something to be fixed, because doesn't looks good to me, looks like a "plastic-sandbag" crazy_o.gif

They are made of gold! wow_o.gifwink_o.gif

I like the screens, although they seem to be made with quite low settings (people, turn AA on when making screenshot, for fuck sake)

It bothers me to. It's not just AA, the other settings are turned down aswell.

God forbid somebody would take screenshots that are using settings that run better than 10fps on most people's rigs? tounge2.gif

God forbid somebody would take screenshots that are using settings that run better than 10fps on most people's rigs? tounge2.gif

Oh come on, when you promote a game you use the highest settings. When you look in a game magazine you always see games with the highest settings, why not with ArmA? mad_o.gif

How demanding people are these days, the pics look fine, be thankfull for having these to look at..

I dont see what makes one think that the settings are turned down, the graphics and effects seem to be there, its just not taken at 1600x1200 with 4x AA, i much prefer these than edited crap smile_o.gif .

I dont see what makes one think that the settings are turned down, the graphics and effects seem to be there, its just not taken at 1600x1200 with 4x AA, i much prefer these than edited crap smile_o.gif .

I dont need them edited either, but with the highest settings is a must these days, games always get compared to the best looking one in the genre, and ArmA does look nice with proper settings, but these screens are the only ones, all the others either miss AA or are on lower settings, and it is very hard to convince people that images arent taken on the highest settings. BIS needs to sell this game after all, and alot of people look at graphics first, so if it looks like crap they won even try to play/buy it.. whistle.gif (and no 'i dont want such people playing ArmA anyway', BIS needs to sell sell sell if they want to keep making games)

How do you know it is inland water? Am i missing something?

Well, it's an assumption, you actually can't see it although I'm pretty sure I've seen it before. I'm just concerned about the wave simulation. E.g. when you look at 1:24 in the US-Forces Video, you can see waves on the river. I wouldn't be bothered if they would look natural, but the wave directions don't seem to be relative. Or look at the bridge in this shot. huh.gif

I think, BIS said some time ago that they're working on the coastal effects. So I'm confident nevertheless.

How demanding people are these days, the pics look fine, be thankfull for having these to look at..

Texture settings seem turned down, viewdistance is low, no soft shadows from the trees like some other screens - shadow detail is low, LOD distance is lower (look at trees especially). These screens don't look that great. And what edited crap are you talking about? Why would they show edited screens? All I am saying is that this game should be shown at full settings to show its potential. Other games are almost always shown at high settings and I want to see what this game will look like at full settings.

Even for people with lower spec machines, they will probably upgrade eventually and get to see the high settings.

Anyway, I just want the damn game.

Texture settings seem turned down, viewdistance is low, no soft shadows from the trees like some other screens - shadow detail is low, LOD distance is lower (look at trees especially). These screens don't look that great. And what edited crap are you talking about? Why would they show edited screens? All I am saying is that this game should be shown at full settings to show its potential. Other games are almost always shown at high settings and I want to see what this game will look like at full settings.

Even for people with lower spec machines, they will probably upgrade eventually and get to see the high settings.

Anyway, I just want the damn game.

He means other games editing their images to make the game look more prettyful.

yeah i got that impression as well. plus that new running with out weapon feature... me likie

Has some of you have noticed there is sometime a green icon appearing in center of your view in ArmA (exemple) :

http://www.gamestar.de/_misc....416&id=

Thoses icons are showing the new current action available from the menu (the first one in the menu), like open door, enter vehicle, etc...

The problem is that big green icon appear all the time in the middle of the screen each time a new action is available. I sincerly hope they will put this icon at the bottom or the top of the screen to no break the immersion.

Quote[/b] ]The problem is that big green icon appear all the time in the middle of the screen each time a new action is available. I sincerly hope they will put this icon at the bottom or the top of the screen to no break the immersion.

Well, the GUI is editable...