Sign in to follow this  
offtime

Polish GROM Update

Should say that this Units are really great. I've one question: Do the GROM Units really use the H&K MP5, the M4 and other U.S. Weapons?

A simple google search would bring up your answer, including this photo and this one and many more... whistle.gif

dziekuje, ale ja nie znam goggle rofl.giftounge2.gif

band.gif

...and you obviously don't know the forum rules here. It's English only forum. Time to make yourself familiar with google as well. tounge2.gif

@mods: sorry for playing moderator, I couldn't stop myself. wink_o.gif

Should say that this Units are really great. I've one question: Do the GROM Units really use the H&K MP5, the M4 and other U.S. Weapons?

A simple google search would bring up your answer, including this photo and this one and many more... whistle.gif

dziekuje, ale ja nie znam goggle rofl.giftounge2.gif

band.gif

...and you obviously don't know the forum rules here. It's English only forum. Time to make yourself familiar with google as well. tounge2.gif

@mods: sorry for playing moderator, I couldn't stop myself. wink_o.gif

Sorry - Now I use only the English words in this Forum. tounge2.gif

I like the New Units. What is the next release? wink_o.gif

very nice addon good work only a but:

A sniper would never put a big badge on his for head remember the snipers biggest threat is another sniper no reason to tell everybody who you are as you become the most important taget except for maby a senior officer.

STGN

notice that it is urban themed operator

so its more like swat formation, and "camouflage issues" arent important as much as in other situations

but yeah, i admit, it hist eyes preety much

maybe i will remove it or replace with something different in next release...

May I suggest you put his cap backwards on his head? That way the Sniper-patch will be to the rear so the enemy can't see it. It's also better that way because wearing a cap the normal way might interfere with the riflescope wink_o.gif

Very nice Offtime.. Superb work on the facestex pack too. smile_o.gif

Very nice update, i just tested the new urban guys, and they are reall impressive

Even the faces textures are reworked to give the unit more "real" eyes, adding even more to their details.

Great job Offtime and Llauma for this superb head model icon14.gif

Thank you for releasing them without a password.   They are indeed very nice.  I've already started working on a Iraq mission with them jusing the current woodland and urban units as placeholders until later desert units are made for Afghanistan/Iraq missions.  I'm doing a mission to secure a mosque compound and capture a radical cleric with BDRM-2's and trucks carrying in the Polish units and GROM and Polish scouts leading the assault.  But I'll mess around with varous scenarios using some of the Polish Mi-8 helicopters as well.

Recommendations:

1. I agree with others about the backwards cap, however the M24 is appropriate.  I believe there is one in this picture:

grom05.jpg

However the closest rifle might be some other type of rifle.  Some type of Mauser or McMillan perhaps?  The muzzle brake looks familiar but I can't remember what it is.  I'm fairly sure it is a Mauser. Also from what I understand the PSG-1 is used so it might be nice to have one sniper unit with the PSG-1.

2.  The Sniper with the M82A1 .50 cal rifle could perhaps be labeled "sniperM82A1" or something like that.

3.  When they get hit some Polish cries of "Medic!" and "Aaargh! I'm hit!" would be cool.   But that goes for I guess all of the OFPL infantry addons. Custom sounds are always very cool.

4. The  Tantal 5.45mm assault rifle and the Beryl rifles might be good weapons to have on some unit as well.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Tantal is not so good weapon, according to what pro military say, and it is not for NATO ammunition. And GROM everytime or almost everytime works for NATO structures (I think most of times US SOCOM particulary, but I am guessing so I can be very wrong smile_o.gif)

Offtime, just one question.

Don't you want to make something like U.S. Infantry or marines, using player and head models, similar textures as in your GROM addon?

Quote[/b] ]Don't you want to make something like U.S. Infantry or marines, using player and head models, similar textures as in your GROM addon?
Wiedzialem, wiedzialem, ze kiedys padnie to pytanie biggrin_o.gif

Miles Teg - maybe it's a Sako TRG-21 [just in jungle theme] that can be seen here? It'll probably be in next Operation Carrot release. And the one in jungle theme. All images from old news from www.ofp.imro.pl

About that Tantal... You can find him, Beryl, and some other rifles in Operation Carrot's WPS Extension Pack 0.8 - the modern weapons pack for Polish soldiers that came with WPS. You can find it here

Offtime - as always, really awesome work.

Yeah, I've come across that picture too. It makes me really wonder since I'm not sure if it is Sako, it looks more like M24. Anyway, most source say about PSG-1 being used the most. But no big deal, simple init addweapon will do for me. smile_o.gif

Looking forward to your mission, Miles.

Can anybody id the other rifle?

I'm not sure if it is Sako, it looks more like M24.

To me it looks alot more like the Sako, look closely at the grip and the stock. It looks far too arched to be the M24 to me. But it's not too relevant tounge2.gif

Kickass work Offtime! Can't wait to see some more smile_o.gif

I'm not sure if it is Sako, it looks more like M24.

To me it looks alot more like the Sako, look closely at the grip and the stock. It looks far too arched to be the M24 to me. But it's not too relevant tounge2.gif

Sako TRG-22 to be exact. Look at the magazine well, you can see part of the magazine. This makes it the upgraded TRG-22. The bipod seems to be a non-standard (integral, detachable) one and I can't see any sling mounts. But I'm not a full expert... biggrin_o.gif

They look really nice, gotta find some time for testing. To be honest, I haven't even tested extracted the GROM units yet, sorry, haven't played SP for a while so... but yeah, these pistols.gifyay.gif !

thumbs-up.gif

Thanks all for comments

next to be released in short notice:

OFF_SF_boat

gz1.jpg

Important memo1:

Screen as everyone see, was editet, doesnt represent real in game look.

Important memo2:

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>SANCTUARY IS THE ANIMATIONS KING !</span>

Hey Offtime, nice boat thumbs-up.gif . I was also wondering if you're going to make any GROM soldier's in desert camo, would be a nice addition smile_o.gif .

whoa another special forces boat

now we can have two zodiacs, one of the swedish forces pack and the 2nd urs, inserting deep into enemy territory...this is gonna be cool