Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

Llauma Head 2.0

im sorry for the dumbass approach, but what units use these new heads, or is there a mod that replaces BIS with Lamau heads?

Great News! Now I've used all my addons with your old head pack. Undoubtly, the new one will be better and I prefer the third option. Personally, I think the hair style of your old head is much better for WW2 men. I also made some modifications and added some faces to it. I used some of them for my WW2 Russian soldiers and some for german. Some faces seem typically german and is much more suitable for WAFFEN SS. So just a question, whehter you've included the faces in the new pack in german like, american like or russian like?

of course it will

but if you just resize an already made 512*256 texture ittl look same

theres more space for detail on 1024*512 texes.

anyone still got doubts photos are a bad idea ?

very impressive lads, tempted to use these for our mod house divided, good luck with their development

hello , i think i found a bug in the newest facestex2 for new head model from Llauma , in the randface.sqs for the wound textures , they don't show properly in game so i think this is the bug :

screenshot0016an.jpg

for

screenshot0025yu.jpg

sorry if i am wrong huh.gif

regards , this faces are great xmas_o.gif

hello , i think i found a bug in the newest facestex2 for new head model from Llauma , in the randface.sqs for the wound textures , the don't show properly in game so i think this is the bug :

screenshot0016an.jpg

for

screenshot0025yu.jpg

sorry if i am wrong  huh.gif

regards , this faces are great  xmas_o.gif

Nope you're right, fixed this myself when I used the head. Just gotta change that one line and the death faces appear instead of a garbled mess.

Can we safely follow these new meshes?

Don't know.. At least I wont touch it anymore even though I might want to. It's quite safe I guess but keep in mind that it's still not final, or even 'public' yet.

If nothing happens the coming days it will be turned final.

Edit: Something else.. The whole iris is never visible unless the person really opens up his eyes so they need to be bigger than in the facestex2 pack. It's also very hard to make that type of eyes look realistic. I would suggest you to use real photos of eyes instead. As the eyes aint animated it doesn't matter if they include the eyelids.

Okay, the UV map is final. The eyes of the facestex2 pack will be updated with sanctuary's suggestion, but that's pure texture work. So it's safe to make new textures for it.

Until the eyes have been fixed the head wont get 'public' but hopefully it will the coming days. Of course addon makers can already get the head from the current facestex 2 pack but I won't promote the psycho maniacs tounge2.gif

We'll make a thread in A&M:complete with a public version of the head + an improved face pack when they are done. Of course the face pack can and will be updated in the future but these are purely esthetical changes so there's no urgent need to download a new face pack as soon as it get's updated.

Anyone who wants to modify the head model is allowed to do whatever they want to as long as they stick to the current texture layout and that they allow others to use it. All textures created for the head should be made free for others to use with their addons. If you limit textures or modified versions to your mod/addons I'll limit the head model to not include your mod/addon.

with that in mind, i see a horrible posibility of there being 20 or so copies of the facetexture pbo lurking around once this thing goes public, all with different faces, ammendments etc.

would it not be prudent to have some sort of dedicated site (small of course) that the 'official' facetexture pbo can be obtained from, and at which newer versions with new faces added could be uploaded?

i can just see problems with people keeping updated, and loosing faces they liked, because a new addon didnt have those faces etc etc etc

if you've already covered this, please ignore me - im just blabbering on tounge2.gif

I'm not sure how it should be handled. I guess it needs some sort of standard or overview.

I need to think about it but not today, it's too late.

All suggestions are welcome.

Maybe 'cause it is Bruce Willis.. and don't quote images

i think i have answer for all custom head problems we know about

and those are

1. custom faces for MP games

2. changing face when getting out of vehicles (how many of you noticed that ? )

3. no faces after save/load game action in SP

just need to make some coding....

BTW

could someone from moderation team or sysdevja (the author) edit/delete this post that crapped topic look ?

i think i have answer for all custom head problems we know about

and those are

1. custom faces for MP games

2. changing face when getting out of vehicles (how many of you noticed that ? )

3. no faces after save/load game action in SP

just need to make some coding....

Cool.. I don't know anything about scripting so maybe I can assist you by getting you a cup of coffee, dark as the night and hot as hell.

About the face pack. I think we need to categorize the faces so they are east, west or neutral etc. so addon makers can easily make their model use a random face from the category he wants for his unit. This sounds like a good idea to me but what do I know? tounge2.gif

cup of cofee:

thanks for the offer, but i prefer, white, sweet and cold ;-)

about categorisation

you probably noticed that im not making afro, asian or other faces

thats becouse i never saw afro or asian ppl in polish army

and lets be honest, im not working on this project becouse i like making head textures :P

to be even more honest, i need to force myself to make them crazy_o.gif

i just like to use this head on my polish addons

so i need europian looking faces

but if anyone will make other nations faces then i can incorporate them into pack and add proper scripts

so it could be like..

lif unit is polish, script will pick only from "white" faces

if asian - "yellow"

if african - "black"

if american - "white" + "black"

(im not rasist, "white,black,yellow" are just descriptions of color of the skin)

its not a problem, once someone will make all those different faces, i will write proper scripts

faces dont need to have different tag or anything

i will cover everything from scripts

it could be like

Russian.sqs

Arabic.sqs

whatever.sqs

everything depends on wish of addonmaker who will make new textures and will want to use them with own addon

lol, preety long post :P

basicaly, what i have in mind

if someone will want to incorporate anything into facestex.pbo

please contact us, me or Llauma

and we will try to make everything just the way it should be

just dont ask us (especialy me) about making any faces textures for your addons crazy_o.gif

Sounds like a good plan, Offtime. As to making face textures, I think you, Llauma and co. have done enough as it is wink_o.gif.

if you were to accept new faces then offtime, you could then regulate what is and isnt the current face pack etc, thus preventing 20 different versions flooding the scene.

perhaps under those catergories you could perhaps add mod team tags? that way they can source their own specific faces? I.e UKF would make some camo faces, but different nations use camo paint in different ways, hence having one large camo section isnt as viable as it sounds.

ok, lets assume that UKF made 10 faces to go with theyr mod

im implementing them into facestex2.pbo and im writting script UKF_camo.sqs that will use those faces

after some time some other mod that didnt made any faces but would want to use them, asks for script that uses all camo faces, including those greate, excelent made faces by UKF, no problemo amigo, im writting script whatevermod_camo.sqs and everyone are happy

but biggrin_o.gif

lets make a rule

to make this pack grow faster

ppl with script requests need to make at least few textures for it

sounds good ?

after that we can establish small website with latest version and credits list of ppl that incorporated into this project

I just wanted to have a system which makes it easy to add new faces and so that the polish units for an example wont all have asian faces incase someone adds them. It's seems like you have a solution for that so everything is just fine.

By the way, what about making facestex2 an open pbo. So you have a folder in the main flashpoint dir with all the face textures, and the facestex2.pbo could just contain the config and script. This makes it very easy to update without making some kind of an installer or forcing everyone to download the whole pack again.

@Harley 3 1185

Offtime has done all the faces available right now so you should say 'offtime has done enough as it is'