Sign in to follow this  
chipper

PC Gamer UK (Jan 2006) - Armed Assault Article

PCgamer U.S. better get the lead out of their ass. I got two issues rapid fire from them JAN\HOLIDAY, and not one mention of AA anywhere sad_o.gif Hope it's not a trend by them passing up this game.

Hat's off to the UK branch.

Quote[/b] ]Where once you could see to around 500 metres... ....they're aiming for a more realistic two kilometer draw distance.

i don't get this part ... what's related to maxviewdistance ? detail viewdistance ? ... as in OFPR was maxviewdistance upto 5km

Perhaps it means detailed draw distance up to 2km - of course, you must understand, I'm just speculating.

Where once you could see to around 500 metres... ....they're aiming for a more realistic two kilometer draw distance.

I don't get that one either, since default viewdistance in OFP was 900m huh.gif

view distance 900 is not "see clearly at 900 meters from you."

Here is the example, 07:30 , editor setting : weather set to clear, no fog.

The desert island

map0ax.jpg

the officer is at 625 meters from me.

What you see with the view distance set to 900 :

9005jo.jpg

What you see with the view distance set to 1500 :

15006bc.jpg

Linky

hope this works....

small section on OFP2 that i am scanning too.

Edit: Im not delibertatly going against Revens thoughts by scanning this in, and I agree that people should buy the magazine for this and other excellently written articles. But many people visiting this forum are not from the UK and will not be able to get a copy otherwise. Dont want to cause trouble.

Edit, decided to type the bit on Next Generation Game...

Quote[/b] ]Operation Flashpoint 2

PUB TBA DEV CODEMASTERS / BOHEMIA

Battlefield soldier-sim Operation Flashpoint is still spawning imitatiors five years on, not least from its own developers. Bohemia are not only hard at work on Armed Assault (see page 44) but also on a more ambitious, larger scale spiritual successor to Op Flash. Meanwhile Codemasters, who still own the name are currently working out which technology they want to power the official Operation Flashpoint 2. Confused? You will be, but the next couple of years look highly promising for Flashpoint fans.

PS, im off-line shortly for next few days as visiting friends/familly/etc.....so have fun, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. See you on the battlefield 2006!

With what Kieron says at the end of that article, I think a lot of people who didn't play OFP will now want to try this...

Nice one Kieron!!! wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote

pub:TBA

What does it mean? huh.gif

Publisher : To Be Announced

Quote[/b] ]pub:TBA

What does it mean?  huh.gif

It means "To Be Announced"

- However, I think there is another thread in these forums which lead us to believe that there is some sort of multi-developer publishing deal going off soon.

I just hope I can dload the game - makes things much easier!

The view distance is diameter based not radius based. For example, if you set it to 1000, it will only display units out to 500 Meters. In order to actually see 1000 meters in one direction, you would have to set it to 2000.

2000 ?

my viewdistance is 4000m ever. biggrin_o.gif

I have only 2000 m ever - no lags, but OFP haven´t HDR sad_o.gif

I would like ArmA thumbs-up.gif