Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Idea Games NOT publishing Armed Assault/

My view is as follows - as long as the game gets out there, I don't really care.

From a business pov there are two ways they can look at it - if they continue with this current fan base they are going to have a community of people who want to play the game as they have built it - not exploit it as the current crop of script-kiddies/BF2 gamers do (rather broad generalisation, but you know what I mean.)

- I hope to see large groups of very serious players playing long operations/exercises (if they give us the ability to save half way through a mp mission, that would be awesome) in a realistic way. My group, the 16AA (www.16AA.com) will be playing in a realistic manner, doing full exercises over night, but I don't want us to be the exception.

Lastly, I would really *really* like to see this game digitally available (say from direct2drive or some such) so it is available to everyone when they want it!

I read somewhere, armed assault zone I think, there was news and it said: IDEA Games will publish Armed Assault. If IDEA games isnt a publisher, how can it publish the game?

IDEA have made no statements about publishing any games - "Armed Assault Zone" or whomever wrote that was mistaken.

- I hope to see large groups of very serious players playing long operations/exercises (if they give us the ability to save half way through a mp mission, that would be awesome) in a realistic way.  My group, the 16AA (www.16AA.com) will be playing in a realistic manner, doing full exercises over night, but I don't want us to be the exception.

well, i know many MoFo clan are most likely going to move to AA from BF2 once its out, and you know we'll cover your 6.

Looking forward to some 16AA/MoFo joint ass kickery.

IDEA have made no statements about publishing any games - "Armed Assault Zone" or whomever wrote that was mistaken.

hm, i think idea games will also publish games by this statement:

IDEA Games

Offers to its members a wide range of services, including legal, sales, marketing and PR services, contract negotiations, business plan creation, representation at industry conventions and fairs.

http://www.idea-games.com/index_main.php?id=about_us

Sounds like a group with experience and knowledge that will assist in making things happen for developers.. Didn't see a word about publishing, creating distribution channels, or anything, really, having to do with making the product. Just people with experience in those fields.

confused_o.gif

IDEA have not indicated in any way, shape or form that they will publish ArmA and the publisher is still officially 'TBC' at this time.

Sirex - welcome.gif to the OFP/ArmA community biggrin_o.gif

IDEA have not indicated in any way, shape or form that they will publish ArmA and the publisher is still officially 'TBC' at this time.

Sirex - welcome.gif to the OFP/ArmA community  biggrin_o.gif

it sounds a little bit complicated / oversized for me to establish a new company which searches for a new publisher. but everything is possible in this world...

whats the lead time like on publishing a game ? -- if they signed a deal tommorow, how long would it take to hit the shelf (assuming it hits a shelf and not a "buy now" download button).

btw: thx. its about time i registered here. been lurking in the shadows long enough. :-)

whats the lead time like on publishing a game ? -- if they signed a deal tommorow, how long would it take to hit the shelf (assuming it hits a shelf and not a "buy now" download button).

btw: thx. its about time i registered here. been lurking in the shadows long enough. :-)

Well, if the game was finished and the publisher was happy about the game, it will probably take 3-4 weeks before it hits the shelves

hm, i think idea games will also publish games by this statement.

I bet they will, especially since BIS told us they will not. wink_o.gif

... ... ... ... wink_o.gif

Didint Placebo say somewhere that IDEA games were to help publish games.. HELP as in screenshots, media, press releases, distribution or something along those lines.. they an't gona be the publisher im sure i read it correctly it said IDEA games help publishes games, especialy for new Czech publishers? or something like that smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I bet they will

I wonder how they should do it, as they are no publisher. huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]I bet they will

I wonder how they should do it, as they are no publisher. huh.gif

exactly, but a statement like this confuses people:

"The point of the association is to give indie developers a better change to compete with big publishers by combining resources."

"Altar Games released poor UFO/XCOM remakes

Ummm, icon_rolleyes.gif actually some people thought those games were quite excellent to be honest... pistols.gifwink_o.gif

Hi,

I haven't read all 5 million posts on OFP or the hopefully up-coming Armed Assault yet, so forgive me if this sounds rediculous; but, from what I understand BIS might still be looking for a publisher?

Lead Persuit (a small, young developement group) managed to publish Falcon 4.0 Allied Force through http://www.graphsim.com/ .

For those who don't know about Falcon 4.0 or the recent release of Allied Force, let me just say this:  Anyone who seeks a millitary flight simulator for the sake of realism will not find a better civillian release anywhere.

As for myself, I'm new to OFP and loving it.  And the best way I've heard it described is that it is the Falcon 4.0 of firstperson shooters - the Rolls...

The reason I bring this up is that I see similarities in both the product and the circumstances - least from what I can gather, so i thought I'd mention it.

Graphsim seems to have a healthy respect for realism, no doubt, as that's what Falcon 4.0 is all about; and they can work it out with the littleguy.

How can BIS STILL be looking for a Publisher?

For such an amazing game as Flashpoint, you would think they have tons of Publishers breaking down their doors to Publish ArmA. Makes ya wonder.

Guest Ti0n3r

As far as I know it's pretty simple. I think BIS have some demands that the publisher would have to meet. They want to stay independent, and EA or Ubi would never let them stay 100% independent. wink_o.gif

Well if i was a publishing company i sure would be biting BIS hands off to get Armed assault out in the shops. It will be another million seller easily.

They really dont need much publishing!

If they are smart they will do it the smartest way... wink_o.gif

They really dont need much publishing!

I wish this could be the case.

Why don't they release the game through a Steam-like system?

Because a lot of people are opposed to that.

Why don't they release the game through a Steam-like system?

Because a lot of people are opposed to that.

meaning that they are irrationally opposed to any and all forms of online content distribution including ofpwatch, ftp, http, rar, zip, iso, and so forth - being bought and paid for RIAA/MPAA minions who drink the tinfoil hat koolaid that says that Valve has patented their brain.