el Gringo Loco

Military Humor

You guys should check the top videos at military.com. I was going to post one but it would have broken the forum rules for being graphic.

Suffice to say Taliban on motorbike vs. A-10 is amusing.

Oh yeah, that looked like a very nasty surprise...

Did that Apache hit its tail rotor and come down so fast to avoid going into a spin?

Did that Apache hit its tail rotor and come down so fast to avoid going into a spin?

It looked like it to me.

The quote from Top Gun about flying a cargo plane out of Hong Kong comes to mind about this.

That pilot must be really miserable right now. I sort of feel a bit sorry for him/her. Stupidity gets the better of all of us sometimes.

I once saw a Youtube video of a couple of generic Islamic extremists getting into a mortar misfire. Oddly, the video wasn't removed, since it cut off at the explosion, and fairly obscure. I actually found the thing hilarious.

No the Pilot wanted to show of his mad skills by performing a maneuver called Return on Target. He has to bring the chopper to a halt, turn 180° and gain speed.

I guess he underestimated the height he was operating at. The air is pretty thin in those mountains.

There's a good one of some IED planters screwing up and detonating while planting. Gets me every damn time.

There's a good one of some IED planters screwing up and detonating while planting. Gets me every damn time.

the one where an apache crew is requesting permission to engage and the guy blows himself up?

Name of the Video?

"IED explodes in insurgent's hands"

hmm, can ya be a lil more specific? I've seen many of those. :headscratch:

That's the title. Just stick it in Youtube's search bar and you should find it.

He "fell" with the wrong guys :cool:

Don´t mess with a Group of Marines! Seriously, don´t!

A story my SFC told me one day, how he escaped a bad conduct discharge for stupidity, he was on a SERE exercise as a machine gunner, well he was firing the machine gun for the first time, and they tossed him some ammo which happened to be flare rounds, he loaded them up, shot a guy with what he believed to be training rounds and he ended up giving the guy 2nd degree burns down his neck and shoulders, they fucked up when they gave him the article 15 and it got dropped.

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

Sounds more like they slammed his ass into the curb a couple thousand times for stabbing their buddy

When the pin is pulled on Mr. Grenade, he is not our friend. (I was told this was in the USMC Training handbook) Don't draw fire, it irritates the guys around you. If you see EOD Personel running, try to keep up.

Cluster Bombing from B52's is very accurate, the bombs always hit the ground. A purple heart just proves you were smart enough to make a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to live through it. (Not realy true but funny. Godbless all those who have been wounded in combat) When your short of everything except the enemy... Your in combat. Without ammo the airforce is an expensive flying club. We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction. As the test pilot climbs out of the experimental aircraft, having torn off the wings and tail in the crash landing, the crash truck arrives.

The rescuer sees the bloodied pilot and asks,'What happened?'***The pilot's reply: 'I don't know, I just got here myself!'

An Air Force cargo plane was preparing for departure from Thule Air Base in Greenland. They were waiting for the truck to arrive to pump out the aircraft's sewage holding tank.

The Aircraft Commander was in a hurry, the truck was late in arriving, and the Airman performing the job was extremely slow in getting the tank pumped out.

When the commander berated the Airman for his slowness and promised punishment, the Airman responded: "Sir, I have no stripes, it is 20 below zero, I'm stationed in Greenland, and I am pumping sewage out of airplanes. Just what are you going to do to punish me?"

An Air Force cargo plane was preparing for departure from Thule Air Base in Greenland. They were waiting for the truck to arrive to pump out the aircraft's sewage holding tank.

The Aircraft Commander was in a hurry, the truck was late in arriving, and the Airman performing the job was extremely slow in getting the tank pumped out.

When the commander berated the Airman for his slowness and promised punishment, the Airman responded: "Sir, I have no stripes, it is 20 below zero, I'm stationed in Greenland, and I am pumping sewage out of airplanes. Just what are you going to do to punish me?"

I'm assuming he got an instant promotion.

smiley-confused010.gif

Military humor is humor based on stereotypes of military life. Military humor portrays a wide range of characters and situations in the armed forces. It comes in a wide array of cultures and tastes, making use of burlesque, cartoons, comic strips, double entendre, exaggeration, jokes, parody, gallows humor, pranks, ridicule and sarcasm.

Military humor often comes in the form of military jokes or "barrack jokes". Military slang, in any language, is also full of humorous expressions; the term "fart sack" is military slang for a bed or sleeping bag.[1] Barrack humor also often makes use of dysphemism, such as the widespread usage of "shit on a shingle" for chipped beef.[2] Certain military expressions, like friendly fire, are a frequent source of satirical humor.[3]

Notable cartoonists of military humor include Bill Mauldin, Dave Breger, George Baker, Shel Silverstein and Vernon Grant.