Sign in to follow this  
alex9111

Walking inside vehicles in ArmA?

Quote[/b] ]Besides, ArmA seems like its going to be a much more advanced engine then VBS.

Exactly. If you read all the stuff released to the media and forums by BIS you'll find that this is been mentioned. I have the impression ( I even can smell it) that ArmA is going to be well beyond VBS. VBS is not so new after all, and BIS knowledge and tech is gone over the roof sense VBS, well, I assume it has; lets be real, if I'm able to run what I run right now, surelly BIS should be able to excede their pass goals.

We live in a new technological era, this years era. Last years era, for developers, is prehistoric.

I don't want to get over excited with the development of ArmA, but I think that with the way BIS think we should expect this little details here and there to be present in ArmA.

They know what the consumer wants by reading this forums, so lets just have faith in BIS, I belive thei'll deliver much more than we expect, that will explane the delay in releasing the game.

I think that they realiced that ArmA as it was going to be released would give them a bad reputation because the game wouldn't be so far advanced compared to Resistance, and that if they expend a little longer in developing ArmA the results would be of a much greater satisfacxtion for the consumer.

Game 2 can wayt, ArmA is priority and is going to kick some rear, is going to be a face melting game.

So after this said below, yes, I would expect ArmA to be able to handle crew and cargo movement. Its not that far fetched, and I don't think BIS will find this a problem to make it real.

Regards.

@CERO.

Exactly,I nearly melted on the ground when I started playing OFPE and saw its beauty and thought "Oh man it would be so awesome if they put this on PC..." Next thing I see that picture of the AA soldier and almost had to call 911,I figure I'll need them on standby when AA is released. About walking in vehicles,thing like blackhawks probably wouldnt happen,however you could get out and not have your gun on your back,you would be ready to fight as soon as you land. Say your in a chinook which then lands,you could then proceed out with your weapon ready rather than people waiting at the back to pick you off. C-130 drops would be too sweet,walking around,then getting ready to jump.. "Oh damn...my cord broke..." However not necessarily something like bf2 where you can pile people into a helicopter and they can shoot from it,usually in the cargo nobody hits anything..though I did kill one guy with a PKM once..still don't know how. However the doors always stay open so one well placed rocket...even one well placed soldier on a building with a rapidefire weapon,can wipe out everyone in the cargo. Which is why for blackhawks,It'd be nice to close the doors if yaknow what I mean.

Think just how good it would be in MP too. Making a raid on an enemy base from an open truck... biggrin_o.gif

I'd like to move inside of vehicles for several reasons - not just for the fun of shooting out of a flying Blackhawk.

I'd also like to have it more difficult than in JointOps. It is absolutely clear that it is too easy and not the appropriate way for a game like ArmA.

The option to get attached to a seat (like in OFP now) is still a must.

To be able to jump on a hovering Heli would also be nice.

And also very painful... wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I mean, how do you get in a Chopper in JointOps? You jump in.

I'd just like to get quickly on the back of a truck or inside a heli without the action menu when I want a fast extraction.

OK, OK, this is off topic. I'll stop.

not possible afaik in arma

vbs1 yes

How do you know? and why do you think that it wont be in?  huh.gif

If its in or not thats up to BIS but if its possible to introduce that in the old OPF engine it sure has hell can be in the upgraded Arma one, i think Neph just doesnt want to believe that even OPF:E can be considered technically superior to VBS, i dont know if this feature was introduced in vbs yet but i do think it would be more simple to place on a game built from cratch than on a modular training tool where the vehicals and engine would have to be modified.

Everyone can imagine that it is possible but the question is still the same:

I think this topic is a question to BIS.

That would be sweet if this was in. I am just having memories of playing Joint Ops, and sitting in the back of an APC in multiplayer, watching the driver and gunner at their stations. That is cool!!! wink_o.gif

That would be sweet if this was in.  I am just having memories of playing Joint Ops, and sitting in the back of an APC in multiplayer, watching the driver and gunner at their stations.  That is cool!!!  wink_o.gif

well it is cool untill those runny gunny's start to do things that stupid enought to get everyone onbroad killed tounge2.gif

Everyone can imagine that it is possible but the question is still the same:

I think this topic is a question to BIS.

Yea it really is a question for BIS, and one I really wish they would awnser and put the debate to rest. If the game is going to be out in six month, I would assume they have the final feature list at least fairly compleat. So they probly know if walking in vehicles/destructable buildings will be in the final release. An awnser from them would be very very welcome and put these long and on going debates to rest.

Yea it really is a question for BIS..

Every topic in this forum is a question to BIS. If they have to reply to every question, ArmA would end up being released in 2008.

I'm gagging to know the answers, but at the same time I don't really want to know, because if I know the score I only will want the release date to arrive faster and will make me get impatiente.

I think I'll just enjoy OFP for now on, and a few pints with my mates.

Forget about ArmA, is not good for your harts and blood preasure to think too much about it before it gets released, lol.

Lol, my English is getting worse.jhgkjhgvkjhgbn/ligdzs...

Regards.

@CERO.

That would be sweet if this was in.  I am just having memories of playing Joint Ops, and sitting in the back of an APC in multiplayer, watching the driver and gunner at their stations.  That is cool!!!  wink_o.gif

well it is cool untill those runny gunny's start to do things that stupid enought to get everyone onbroad killed tounge2.gif

Yes, like when the driver tries to drive across a slope and puts the vehicle on its side... wink_o.gif

Every topic in this forum is a question to BIS. If they have to reply to every question, ArmA would end up being released in 2008.

I'm gagging to know the answers, but at the same time I don't really want to know, because if I know the score I only will want the release date to arrive faster and will make me get impatiente.

Forget about ArmA, is not good for your harts and blood preasure to think too much about it before it gets released, lol.

Regards.

@CERO.

Personally I cant play Flashpoint anymore... After seeing whats coming with ArmA, it just feels kinda pointless. I also stopped work on the couple maps I was makeing because I want to wait till ArmA comes out...

And I dont expect the devs to awnser. But its probly not becuase it would slow things down in development. It does not take 2 years to awnser a few questions... I assume BIS probly has a set time table for releaseing info. Which is probly the best way to do it unfortunatly. sad_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

Personally I cant play Flashpoint anymore... After seeing whats coming with ArmA, it just feels kinda pointless. I also stopped work on the couple maps I was makeing because I want to wait till ArmA comes out...

And I dont expect the devs to awnser. But its probly not becuase it would slow things down in development. It does not take 2 years to awnser a few questions... I assume BIS probly has a set time table for releaseing info. Which is probly the best way to do it unfortunatly. sad_o.gif

I understand how you feel, I've put a hold on the LCAC and a detailed Nimitz class carrier 'till I know how ArmA will handle large models and textures. And playing OFP? After reviewing ArmA's feature lists a few (hundred) times, all OFP's faults (use to think of them as ArmA's improvements) come into sharp focus. confused_o.gif

Double edged sword.. crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

And also very painful...  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Painful? it depends how you jump, also altitude and speed   biggrin_o.gif

In real life you can even jump out from low altitude flying helicopter and not get hurt wink_o.gif Some of armies in world actually do this wink_o.gif

Moving inside the vechicles would be great, with this transport planes can now transport amror properly and drop it with parachutes properly wink_o.gif

With this feature will make more possibilities in game.... such as jumping from moving train biggrin_o.gif Also make way how you jump to effect your landing biggrin_o.gif

Ouch.

All this talk of Joint Ops and walking vehicles is making me want to go re-install it...

Now if we had the ability to walk and shoot inside vehicles, imagine a mission where SF have to storm a hijacked 747 and rescue the passengers.

"Now if we had the ability to walk and shoot inside vehicles, imagine a mission where SF have to storm a hijacked 747 and rescue the passengers."

No, that would be foolish. Still doubt the AI will be good enough. If you want that go for one of the "Rainbow Six" series.

The "convoy" videos from VBS1 look sweet. Hopefully this will be included. Especially as it essentially fixes the multiple weapon problem on vehicles smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]No, that would be foolish. Still doubt the AI will be good enough

Who says the hijackers have to be AI? xmas_o.gif

MP 747 hijack missions would rock yay.gif . Terrorists could roleplay and demand stuff, whiles the other players try and keep the hostages alive and plan how they storm the plane.

Also possible on the modding side of things:

Massive space ships fighting it out, whiles small boarding ships fly back and forth from ship to ship with players fighting it out on board the big ships. And also lots of fighters flying around, hell throw in a few tanks and bases and stuff on the ground whiles your at it! we could recreate one the star wars movies.

moving in ground things isent taht importent siting and firing from position is more nice how wften do some one move in a APC? you sit you open the hatch you stand up you stand stil you fire you dont move around.

In helikopter fire from siting on a LB will be nice and out the sides of a blackhawk but mostly you just sit ther and the MG gunner do the most work

Airplane moving? Yes maybe in civilian ones but you dont move in a C130 if your not a para and is going to jump out mostly you just sit down the plane land then you move

More gunner positions will be alot more nice then moving inside of things but that might be just me

Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Whatever was done in OFP:Elite will be done or improved on in Armed Assault, just think of what a current PC can do compared to a XBOX.

MP 747 hijack missions would rock yay.gif . Terrorists could roleplay and demand stuff, whiles the other players try and keep the hostages alive and plan how they storm the plane.

"roleplay" would mean the exit was fixed either way.

Actually, Today I was on board of a 747 (plane technician's duty wink_o.gif ) , and I can tell you, once such a plane gets stormed, it'l be over within 20 seconds. Though they're the biggest people-containing passenger jets, it's still basicly a 70 meter long cylinder (small). Furthermore, you can overlook large sections of the plane (over the seats).

If you want to give such a mission any replay value you should be a better strategist then the people storming the plane, adding in multiple things the terrorists need, and what the CT guys can negotiate about.

1. Fuel for takeoff

2. GPU for heating

CT guys could perforate the pressure cabin, or try to sneak up below the plane, (wich cannot be seen unless the CT are brave enough to be standing outside)

Either way, don't be expecting too much like in the hollywood movies wink_o.gif . as I am saying above: the major part of the suspense will have to come from diplomatic means wink_o.gif .

Have you ever seen the video of the french storming the plane at Marsile (Dont know how to spell it wink_o.gif ) but that was over in shit and minute. Snipers got the terrorist in the cockpit and french Special forces stormed the plane.