Sign in to follow this  
alex9111

Walking inside vehicles in ArmA?

One of the objectives would have to be to try and take out the hijackers but avoid shooting passengers and crew. The mission could also feature a stealthy approach to the plane to gain access unseen by the hijackers. Of course once the storming of the plane is started it would all be over pretty fast but there would be all the planning and preperation to take care off first. I think it would make a pleasant change from the usuall type missions.

What´s next ?

A "Escape the Titanic" mission ? biggrin_o.gif

Once there is a decent method of walking on-in vehicles there will automatically missions which will take benefit from the new possibilities. That´s just natural for OFP com.

There are a lot more scenarios, like storming hijacked ships, searching container ships for illegal weapon transports, securing illegal weapon transports biggrin_o.gif and more and more and more...

How about storming a hijacked... CAR?

Anyways.. i'm pretty sure that you CAN walk around in vehicles, however, it must be made really hard to walk around. I mean in helicopters or in trucks, when a sudden turn occurs, you should fall down/fly around in the cabin/fall off the vehicle. That would keep more sensible people sitting down and would get the noobies killed.

Quote[/b] ]Have you ever seen the video of the french storming the plane at Marsile (Dont know how to spell it ) but that was over in shit and minute. Snipers got the terrorist in the cockpit and french Special forces stormed the plane.

wouldnt happen to be the one where a pilot jumps out the window and then gets secured by SF?

Wildo

Quote[/b] ]Have you ever seen the video of the french storming the plane at Marsile (Dont know how to spell it    ) but that was over in shit and minute. Snipers got the terrorist in the cockpit and french Special forces stormed the plane.

wouldnt happen to be the one where a pilot jumps out the window and then gets secured by SF?

Wildo

yeah thats the one. wink_o.gif Saw a docomentry on Nationl Geograph Channel of TV.

no demand, no wish, just another RnD talk....

For an optimal "Walking in vehicles" feature it should be more like JointOps style, you can think its arcade like (not really) but still when you think about (CPU/Bandwitdh/possible features) cases its very usefull.. pls look further and dont think its like jumping on an UH60 and standing still...

it will also allow vehicles to carry/host other vehicles (even multiple ones) like a LHD ship to house severeal helicopters and VTOL aircrafts, LCACs, HMMWVs, Trucks* and few armored vehicles and of course several groups of infantry (with a basic code we all will have ability to real amphibious assault missions!!! ) this will let addon makers to provide much more complicated vehicles with many features with minimal amount of scripting!!!

LHD class ships

More over, this will allow basic object manipulation, for example we can "tow" a severly damaged vehicle off to somewhere for repair or we can air lift artillery pieces or HMMWVs (like BAS MH47) to positions

Loading a Jeep and a Zodiac boat to a MH47 in JointOps

*Edit: JointOps system is sooo decent which lets you to manuever vehicles&soldiers inside a host vehicle without any problem or "side effects" which means you can drive a HMMWV from cargo bay to LCAC platform easily, question is, is AI needs more programming to do that kind of move for AI itself

It will be very silly if arma doesnt have moving in vehicles, cos it seems every other game does, take IGI 2 for example you can go in a tram and walk around in it whiltst its moving etc I wont be too disapointed if it doesnt, as i got the vbs1 convoy module to look forward to smile_o.gif

how about some real parachutes to go with it wink_o.gif , not the current ones but chutes that count has inventory items and are displayed on the models, if we want to turn a infantry squad into paratroopers we just use: this add weapon "chute". Helicopters dont have ejection seats, jets do so any pilot that sits there wouldnt need a seperate chute smile_o.gif .

MP 747 hijack missions would rock  yay.gif . Terrorists could roleplay and demand stuff, whiles the other players try and keep the hostages alive and plan how they storm the plane.

"roleplay" would mean the exit was fixed either way.

Actually, Today I was on board of a 747 (plane technician's duty wink_o.gif ) , and I can tell you, once such a plane gets stormed, it'l be over within 20 seconds. Though they're the biggest people-containing passenger jets, it's still basicly a 70 meter long cylinder (small). Furthermore, you can overlook large sections of the plane (over the seats).

If you want to give such a mission any replay value you should be a better strategist then the people storming the plane, adding in multiple things the terrorists need, and what the CT guys can negotiate about.

1. Fuel for takeoff

2. GPU for heating

CT guys could perforate the pressure cabin, or try to sneak up below the plane, (wich cannot be seen unless the CT are brave enough to be standing outside)

Either way, don't be expecting too much like in the hollywood movies wink_o.gif . as I am saying above: the major part of the suspense will have to come from diplomatic means wink_o.gif .

Well, there was a thread about comparing R6 to OFP somewhere whistle.gif

Ofp is a game, which can contain CT/CQB types of gameplay inside...

That Idea with small, detailed map with 747, or even 747 flying etc is just great!

No clipping problems, better weapon handling and we have SWAT, R6, GR inside good old ofp...

And that`s what they`re basically making vbs1 for I think...