Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi - 8 pack v 1.0 relased

The best addon ther has been released for a long time. two bugs: theres a lightning problem on one side of the slide door.

And you can't shoot the machingunner when he is in the cocpit and you are shooting in from the rear with the cargo doors open.

STGN

The whole truth about how to make good addons (from config.cpp):

vodka7qe.gif

rofl.gif

Nice addition to all OFP choppers. Good work, guys. smile_o.gif

hello very good pack biggrin_o.gif

Textures are very good smile_o.gif

your team have in plan some more helos like Mi-4,Mi-6,Mi14huh.gif

your team have in plan some more helos like Mi-4,Mi-6,Mi14huh.gif

No. We think that this enoughts with big transports:)

Mi-4...Maybe...In a far future:)

Outstanding work, as always.

notworthy.gifyay.gif

The "high" quality variant really taxes the PC. With just one helo and between five and ten RF Airborne Infantrymen, my rig stuttered bad.

AMD Athlon XP 2100 @ 2.0GHz

512MB RAM

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, 128MB

Not complaining--just reporting.

i just get my squad killed all the time tounge2.gif

i setup like you said but the chopper never stops and drops the drops and fastropes us like it should.. The chopper instead eitehr flies and stops at the waypoint with the me exec "\OWP_MI8\scripts\owp_FastRope.sqs" command in it and hoovers above the ground, and sometimes it flies and drops out the ropes and some of the men try to fast rope but the chopper isn't standing still so evryone gets killed.

And then there is the one with the chopper flying into tree's too , but i dunno if its cause they are custom tree's maybe. but it only does the fast rope when im the pilot biggrin_o.gif can't anyone in your team show me me how i can do it?

As I said, there must be an trigger or script, that will activate next helicopter waypoint (were you want to fly off after roping), in trigger you must count passengers in chopper... . You can activate the next waypoint also with another method:

just add another "move"  waypoint to infantry group, near roping place, and connect that waypoint with next heli's waypont. So I think heli starts moving to next WP when group reach they own waypont.

And another tip : make "careless" or "safe" behaviour to the chopper when roping in cross fire, that also can solve the problem.

@AiRBLaDE

Quote[/b] ]hey does anyone know what the model name for the bis mi17 is called? I am trying to replace my BIS MI17 with the mi17 in this pack and I have not been successful yet...

There is a model named Mi17_bis. I think that could be the right version, it looks like that.

P.S. 2 Commando84

Ive seen you screen in Flashpoint photograpy, and note that you are using very low settings in OFP preferenses. There is 3-rd lod showing on your pic:)

It's hard to find the right words for this uber amazing chopper addon.

The quality is breathtaking!

I love your work, big thanks to all involved in this addon!

MfG Lee thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

now i can say...

these babies were long awaited smile_o.gif

i can compare with the thrill i had, when downloaded BAS addons long long time ago...

your Mi-2 i can compare with BAS LittleBirds

Mi-8 with BAS Black and Pave hawks

Mi-26 with BAS Chinook

you made increadible job!

thanx guys... east side needed better helis then anyone else...

modern Mi-8s? you mean you will do Mi-17s? smile_o.gif

Gedis

Mi17 is only export name of Mi-8MT.

All that we want include in next mi8 pack you can see in the readme, in FAQ:)

Now this was unexpected, OWP keeps pushing the quality bar notworthy.gif .

Thank you for the hard work, it is great to have your great air transportation in OPF, thank you, thank you inlove.gif .

Wow! I didn't honestly think you guys could surpass the Mi26 addon, but hey...wow! Thanks a lot! wow_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Fantastic work !

Superb visuals, great functionnality, another incredible addon from Our Weapons icon14.gif

Thank you for your work and this release !

@ Dec. 07 2005,05:55)]
you guys can't tell me a bit more detailed how i could do a a.i helicopter fast rope in a squad of players or a.i's to a location?

Hmm...Let me try to explain:

-place Mi-8, place group. Add waypoint to group "get in" in chopper

-add waypont to mi-8, in 20-40 meters from that point, when you want to use ropes, type there flyinheight 14 and set speed to "Low"

-add waypont in place were you want use fastrope, execute fastrope script here.

-add trigger something like "count crew mi8 < 4" (I don't strong in missionmakings, but there is must be crew count check. If you make mission without second pilot, type <3)

and connect him to next chopper's waypoint, were he fly after rope action.

-add another waypoints to the group

I can miss somethig, I repaeat, I dont strong in missionmakings:)

This would work except I cant find a way to count the crew of the chopper. Could any scripting gurus tells us what to put into the condition field of a trigger/waypoint?

damn this pack is nice....

too bad the fastrope script doesnt force the chopper to stop and hover att 10-15m, then it would have been even better smile_o.gif

anyway, cant wait for the next update to this pack biggrin_o.gif

@ Dec. 07 2005,05:55)]
you guys can't tell me a bit more detailed how i could do a a.i helicopter fast rope in a squad of players or a.i's to a location?

Hmm...Let me try to explain:

-place Mi-8, place group. Add waypoint to group "get in" in chopper

-add waypont to mi-8, in 20-40 meters from that point, when you want to use ropes, type there flyinheight 14 and set speed to "Low"

-add waypont in place were you want use fastrope, execute fastrope script here.

-add trigger something like "count crew mi8 < 4" (I don't strong in missionmakings, but there is must be crew count check. If you make mission without second pilot, type <3)

and connect him to next chopper's waypoint, were he fly after rope action.

-add another waypoints to the group

I can miss somethig, I repaeat, I dont strong in missionmakings:)

well all u have to do is first make a waypoint before the ROPE INSERTION Waypoint to actually slow down the chopper, in the activation field put

choppersname flyinheight 14 (or anyheight b/w 10 and 14)

then add another command <choppersname> setspeedMode "LOW"

after that make a second waypoint where do u actually want to rope insert ur troops and in the activation field put this

choppersname exec "\OWP_MI8\scripts\owp_FastRope.sqs

my advice wud be to exec the rope script externally and use countdown to hold the DROP waypoint otherwise the chopper wud be moving on to the next waypoint and u'll be having a mobile rope insertion (which is funny to look at).

and yeah i jus wanna ask the OWP team if it is possible to use the rappelling concept of BAS blackhawks....i mean the AI chopper automatically positions itself for rope insertion wid a single execution of their script.

If I recall correctly both the Spetsnaz and the Infantry are from RHS.