Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I am kind of disappointed, that still every shot leaves an ugly OFP like tracer :/

if anything, it looks like its been left in the beta build to give the bullet path a visual entitity, meaning that they can easily check if ricochet's are working properly etc...

its not the finished product after all wink_o.gif

I am kind of disappointed, that still every shot leaves an ugly OFP like tracer :/

if anything, it looks like its been left in the beta build to give the bullet path a visual entitity, meaning that they can easily check if ricochet's are working properly etc...

well, if its for release nov. 10th, then it must be pretty final by now. This is, however, probably an older build.

//Edit

Not october 10th, but november of course :=)

I'm more the 'immersion' type of guy and i think it looks fab. I'm looking for the 95% goods things i see, not the damned 5% which always will be there if you look for it.

(Poor Max is investigating what agp vid gfx card he should buy to enable his P4 2.8 1GBRAM system for Arma;)

It was stated at the GC that BIS was still working on implementing some of the animations. So I wouldn't worry to much about this yet. I like the way he jumps to a prone positon form running throwing his legs into the air. Very nice...

Also the Tank battle was very impressive. 900m view distance or not. It was cool to see all them Tanks seeing bashing each other.

I tried this just now in VBS with about 30 on each site...I lagged so bad I "hard closed" my VBS.

and where do you draw you knowledge that it is some beta thing from? To me it looks just like they did absolutely nothing to change it from OFP. And because I can't remember seing anything different so far in any screenshot/video (if someone knows more I'd be happy to see it) I cannot assume it is planned to change.

But yeah I know it's not finished. However I'd just assume that if they wanted to change it to some more realistic model of tracers we'd seen something about it by now. After all that would require some code changes, preferably with a value in the magazine configs defining what shots of the magazine shall be with tracers. (i.e. every xth shot or the x last shots of the magazine etc.) But I didn't find such in the wiki nor in any media released so far.

Anyway arma looks nice but that's not what I want to see (I'll have to turn most of the gadgets off anyway because of my crappy computer). What I want to see is less engine limitations and more freedom for modders.

i didnt draw any knowedlge, but i dont think anyone bar BIS themsevles has the latest build of Armed Assault. These pc review guys are still probably swanning around with the E3 demo biggrin_o.gif

but seriously, i cant recall flashpoint having white line tracers visible in the day. All i can determine from that is that they were put in during the development to visually see the ricochets working, it seems clear from that video that the guy was firing into the ground to test and demostrate the ricochet. Hopefully i trust that the visible line would be removed from Arma, as i agree its horrible, but i truely believe its just something put in to be able to test the ricochet

As for the return of the green/red tracers as in ofp, i havnt seen anything demponstrating whether its still there, gone or replaced... hopefully they've got rid of it, otherwise i'd assume we still have the option to turn off star wars laser tracers, like in ofp smile_o.gif

the white line tracers for all sides and weapons are vanilla OFP. The green/red line tracers are community modded color values for the tracers. You're just playing too much with modded OFP it seems wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

No, green and yellow are the default colors for east and west.

Yeah technically you're right. The east has slightly more greenish and the west more yellow but tbh I never see a difference in the vanilla settings they're so similar. To me it all looks "whiteish". However the community introduced those thick clearly red and green tracers later.

i must admit i cant remember how everything looked in vanilla ofp, but deffinatly not as white as that video tounge2.gif

Nice video, thanks L'Etranger .

I am really impressed by how "smooth" the framerate seems to be with such amount of tanks fighting in the 1st part of the video, the same battle in OFP would end in a real slideshow.

What are the system specs of the computer that was running this lag free tank battle ?

Guest Ti0n3r
What are the system specs of the computer that was running this lag free tank battle ?

AMD XP 3000+, ATI x1600pro, viewdistance at 900m. (From ArmedAssault.EU).

What's bad in that new video:

- Ironsights don't lean when the player leans... not sure if this is a bug, but it sure doesn't look right. At least this happens in OFP.

- Agree with Tioner that crawling is far far far too fast. Bloke looks like he's on something. And that running animation is bloody gawky.

- The viewdistance couldn't be more than 2000 metres... I thought we were promised an astounding view in AA... each video seems to have a smaller viewdistance.

actually i think its not a bug, when it goes into looking into the aimpoint sight the arms move to show the gun moving to be vertical so the soldier is aiming correctly rather than /, even though he is still leaning his aiming isnt

hopefully that makes sense,

i also think the crawling is too fast, although that may be the sprint version rather than the standard crawl, like OFP. i think the running seems slow motion as well, like on the hrej. GC vid (i think)

BUT, this is still an older version so i expect BIS have already tweaked bits and pieces that we've pointed out

bootneckofficer

Quote[/b] ]From ArmedAssault.EU

Nice video and great site  smile_o.gif

that was a nice video, it ran really smooth with all those tanks, when he was shooting at the road in the end of that movie you could see the bullet bounce and hit the building, thats nice

Thank you, will be helpfull when i will build an ArmA ready system smile_o.gif

The performance and graphics of the video are trully impressive.

The animations are hopefully to be much improved though... same with the sounds, they are old OPF stuff. This other "game/sim" we're not supposed to talk about in this forum has much better sounds than that (tanks, shells, turrets, shot/hit sounds, etc).

So, i am very impressed with the improved engine but not so much with the new game smile_o.gif .

The performance and graphics of the video are trully impressive.

The animations are hopefully to be much improved though... same with the sounds, they are old OPF stuff. This other "game/sim" we're not supposed to talk about in this forum has much better sounds than that (tanks, shells, turrets, shot/hit sounds, etc).

So, i am very impressed with the improved engine but not so much with the new game smile_o.gif .

Isn't the engine what we're really after? smile_o.gif

This is going to open so many new modding opportunities.

The leaning looks a bit silly...

Wow thats great I have a AMD XP 3000+ and a XFX 7800 GS. So I'm in good shape for ArmA! biggrin_o.gif

I also uploaded the new video to youtube.

Isn't the engine what we're really after? smile_o.gif

This is going to open so many new modding opportunities.

The leaning looks a bit silly...

Yes and no wink_o.gif .

I would be happier if they used the much improved engine to make a better and more realistic game, so i like the new engine capabilities and features alot (from what i've seen/read about it) but the game itself and its content dont tick like flashpoint did.. so far smile_o.gif .