Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

However, i think a great new Intel Core 2 Duo is the best CPU for a great ArmA feeling biggrin_o.gif

I hope so, but unfortunately the question is still open: will arma support core 2? otherwise we have to switch off one core - arrggh.

Anybody know if I'll be able to play comfortably on lower settings with this computer?

Pentium 4 2.4 GHz

1GB RAM

ATI Radeon X1300

Roadrunner internet

It will run but ... comfortably? I fear not, but who knows BIS does tweak it to extremes the last minutes and are you (and me;) in luck.

From a preview:

Quote[/b] ]Here I would note that the test PC isn’t a fresh one, but nor it is a weak one: P4 2.4 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, GeForce 6600 GT. And on this PC, the graphics could never - not even with lower settings – be drawn normally. This means that the game was either jerky or the object weren’t drawn on normal quality. You can see on the pictures, that the models are rough and the textures are slubbered. If I waited a little there – my HD was working non-stop – then more detailed models and textures were drawn.

I think they will fix this. And in fact, this is the worst I can tell about ArmA. Because incidentally, the game is pretty nice.

Edit: To relate this to my Elite experience. In Elite there is a cheat to cranck up the viewdistance. But it will (eventually) give you lots of degradation as mentioned above. So, my guess is that it is viewdistance related (how clever:) ... To come back on minimum specd pc's ... perhaps you CAN play comfortably if you very much reduce the viewdistance. But the viewdistance is part of the fun in ArmA, so that would be a pity.

yay.gif

Tooday is friday ! And i think we could expect some SURPRISE tooday... I hope we will all play arma demo this night ! yay.gif

yay.gif

Tooday is friday ! And i think we could expect some SURPRISE tooday... I hope we will all play arma demo this night ! yay.gif

LoL omg? Why is friday so special?

keep hoping mate but i dont think just because its a friday BIS will jump on our player driven bandwagon and release something, enjoy the anticipation

bootneckofficer

Tooday is friday ! And i think we could expect some SURPRISE tooday... I hope we will all play arma demo this night !

Is this the same expectation you were posting about "something special" a few months ago?

Seriously, don't get so excited and then you wont get so angry/upset/dissapointed when nothing happens...

Its just that we have a lot of clues: -lack of official info since GCS

-Placebo announcement

-Result of the competition...

Remember: Calm is before the tempest.

yer but that doesnt mean that on a day of ur chosing something will happen.

bootneckofficer

Here's the translation of the Pc Dome preview by me. Note that my english isn't perfect, but I think you can -hopefully - understand everything.

Armed Assault

Though it doesn’t have such a huge fan base...

2 ZiiiP: thx for translation

good article thumbs-up.gif

Its just that we have a lot of clues: -lack of official info since <snip>

rofl.gif

From the average forum users' point of view, there has been a lack of official info since the beginning of time itself. BIS may see that slightly different, though. I wouldn't say that not hearing what you want to hear when you want it is "a clue". biggrin_o.gif

Its just that we have a lot of clues: -lack of official info since GCS

-Placebo announcement

-Result of the competition...

Remember: Calm is before the tempest.

And how long was there no info for before the GC? Then how long did we go without info before that?

Placebo makes regular announcements, so what does that have to do with anything?

And as far as I can see, ArmA was not a prize in the competition, so why should that have any relevance on anything?

Oh, and rather ironically, we're having a pretty good thunderstorm here right now. Gotta love mother nature eh wink_o.gif

We'll get what we're given, when its given to us. No use bitching/whineing/pineing here about it.

we never know ! maybe the time is coming for a demo. Why not ?

yes it's coming, but maybe one more month..

You know, a lot of games dont release a demo until AFTER the game its self is released...

The only people who really know if/when there will be a demo is BIS, so making statements like "its Friday and there will be a demo" or "there will be a demo in a month" really is just starting more groundless specualtion and hype, leading to more dissapointment...

You know, a lot of games dont release a demo until AFTER the game its self is released...

The only people who really know if/when there will be a demo is BIS, so making statements like "its Friday and there will be a demo" or "there will be a demo in a month" really is just starting more groundless specualtion and hype, leading to more dissapointment...

Yup well said deadmeat... We can only wait and see...

agreed.. nice post

PC pimping in progress:

AMD 64 x2 4200+

M2N-E mobo

Asus 7950 gx2 512mb

2gb Patriot(800)6400 ddr2

icon_rolleyes.gif

He he, my ArmA PC has arrived today....

Core 2 6700

Geforce 7950GX2

P5N32-SLI

2 GB 800 MHZ

(I bought this PC only for ArmA because I want max. of graphic details (aa, 5km view distance). hope it will be possible...

STRIKE! OFP is running well with this specs in highest graphic mode (8x AA, 16x Antisope, 5000km view distance). (overlocking +10%)

will i be able to run at high with my?

(adm atlhon 3700,2gb ram,gf7900gt

enjoy the anticipation

bootneckofficer

Why do i keep hearing that,, "enjoy the anticipation" screw the anticipation i would rather enjoy the game, i could see "enjoying the anticipation " if it was my wife doing a strip tease knowing that in moment i would get my jollies but there is no enjoying Arma anticipation , not for me anyways

This... one... last month seems so far away...

I've been waiting for the next game after flashpoint for years... and now... this... this month is standing between me and eternal happiness... I'd be over the moon if they released a demo now. But I know it won't happan... I must suffer longer. sad_o.gif

Oh and I hope that one imo "stupid" explosion effect that is used for every explosion isn't hardcoded,since that would be the first thing I would like to change

Agreed notworthy.gif

I totally agree with everything you posted there...