Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

BIS already said no to starforce, maybe it's just some publisher trying to firce it on them.

Anyways, has anyone here seen the 5year anniversary press kits video? Amazing how many soldiers they had on screen at once. Gonna buy armed assault, but i'll probably dl a starforceless version...

Before:

Armed Assault

Format: PC CDROM

Genre: First person military combat simulation

Release date: H1 2006

Publisher: To be determined

Now:

Armed Assault

Format: PC DVD

Genre: First person military combat simulation

Release date: Q3 2006

Q3 is pretty near now.

We could get a demo soon (1 month?) biggrin_o.gif

Very impressive trailer. The running anim also seems improved or maybe its just me. I also must comment the music is really well done. I liked the middle eastern flair at the end of the trailer.

Ey wait where did the publisher info go? They found one? yay.gif

Its nice to hear the entire theme used from the trailer so long ago,its nice to hear something different than the usual kind of music.

BIS already said no to starforce, maybe it's just some publisher trying to firce it on them.

Anyways, has anyone here seen the 5year anniversary press kits video? Amazing how many soldiers they had on screen at once. Gonna buy armed assault, but i'll probably dl a starforceless version...

I expect (and hope) that they only use it on the press-demo, as BIS dont want it leaked and the average reviewer cant break the starforce just remove it (myeah, uber-1337-h4ck3rs can, but thats not the average reviewer) wink_o.gif

Discussing copy protections contravenes forum rules. Discussing it any further may result in people being banned.

Publishers decide copy protection for retail products, so the whole point is moot.

im sorry, im confused..

The special surprise was this update? or we waiting for something more?

Sorry if im ambitious.. smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I'd say; Let's stay tuned inlove.gif

im sorry, im confused..

Sorry if im ambitious..  smile_o.gif

Still not happy? tounge2.gif

We got a nice vid and some screens, im happy for the next week wink_o.gif

im sorry, im confused..

Sorry if im ambitious.. smile_o.gif

Still not happy? tounge2.gif

We got a nice vid and some screens, im happy for the next week wink_o.gif

you have got to be joaking.. happy for another week?!

Quote[/b] ]The planned special thing is not this! We will see soon what it is smile_o.gif

link

thats why i asked if the surprise was only this.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

That's just random spam by some crazy Danish guy yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]The planned special thing is not this! We will see soon what it is smile_o.gif

link

hum.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Placebo can you confirm or denie, plz?

Crazy Danish? I thought it was a cow.. or something. It 'MOO'ed, whatever it was tounge2.gif

@ Bravo 6, you will either see something - or not. Enjoy the tension, it's like sex! (just not legally or socially binding crazy_o.gif )

I have to say, that ArmA is coming together better than I had hoped. The grass, the animations, the SIZE of both the land and numbers of players is awe inspiring! thumbs-up.gifyay.gif

@ Bravo 6, you will either see something - or not. Enjoy the tension, it's like sex! (just not legally or socially binding crazy_o.gif )

I have to say, that ArmA is coming together better than I had hoped. The grass, the animations, the SIZE of both the land and numbers of players is awe inspiring! thumbs-up.gifyay.gif

All look nice, very nice indeed. I really believe ArmA will look much better then this.. wink_o.gif

I also think they want us to get updates slowlly, so the shock be less heavy..

Placebo also told me that this isnt the surprice, and that the wiki isnt it neither (well, not ONLY the wiki, smiley )

look at 7th comment wink_o.gif

link

hum.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Placebo can you confirm or denie, plz?

I think this was the special,if ya ask me its special enough,you have to keep an eye out for the details,look at everything closely and see what there is,some are obvious,others aren't.

The structure in the first image appears enetrable,shadows are also smooth and even appear on the glass,possible slight reflection on glass as well. Anti Alaising is also displayed in this image.

Image two shows the HDR and normal mapping on the hangars,possibly walking animation and the sexiest AH-1 texture I'v seen yet,hell the model is great,I'm glad they didn't make the TSS round like others have done And possibe reflections on the helicopters cockpit glass,note the blue hue.

The rest I leave for you to find.

Magnum..hm...I would tend to believe him,he received a beta and probably has been told some things,but damnit now I'm gonna need a new set of pants if this wasn't the suprise >< you guys are going to have me crying over the beauty of the game and I don't cry,argh. Oooooh corpse..

Guest Ti0n3r

bravo 6, can't you just wait like the rest of us? Seriously.

Placebo also told me that this isnt the surprice, and that the wiki isnt it neither (well, not ONLY the wiki, smiley )

look at 7th comment wink_o.gif

Although i dont see espectro lying, he doesnt work for BIS, so why dont you just go to sleep and see if there is anything tomorrow? wink_o.gif

(If a demo is comming out this week im gonna scream, as my newest PC partly died and im back on a athlon XP1800+,768mb,FX5200 crazy_o.gif )

i just add something that was not said yet.

to make sure what to expect and think. im not offtopic here. Just updating some info.

yes, i will wait (what option do i have anyway..) xmas_o.gif

The special of June 22nd was not the special I mentioned last week and closed the FlashNews thread for, that's another special to come in a couple of weeks. Now let's get back on topic please smile_o.gif

Do we know from the new pics or other source if ARMA use LINDA?

Guest Ti0n3r

Yes. This info was given out by BIS during the 2nd Mapfact workshop smile_o.gif

Yes. This info was given out by BIS during the 2nd Mapfact workshop smile_o.gif

will a normal computer be able to run that now? huh.gif

ps- can you put a link for it here plz?

edit: thx m8 wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]BIS also developed a new tool named Linda, which helps the designers generating vegetation in a natural way. Most possibly this tool won't be released to the public due to its complexity though. We were told that no single tree in Armed Assault is modeled by hand anymore.

Full article.

cheers