Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

nice vid, a compilation of everything we ve seen i guess.

my fave momnet is this ,lol what the hell did this guy get hit with ?

boom

It might have been that Vulcan... hehe but I like the part right after that where the guy kept shooting that dead enemy, took him a while to realize it though... rofl.gif

What that "2 attack that soldier 2 o clock" sounds stupid the old way "2 attack soldier at 2 o clock" sounded better like in OFP man I hope they change that.

Guest Ti0n3r

Hmm yes, I'd prefer proper english. (Two, engage that soldier at 12 'o clock).

the radio chatters nothing, they used that when demoing cwc and res.i think its some stock stuff they have for dev purpose.

2nd interesting thing is this anim, of the thumb, hope we can use all the fingers this way, would be fun to give a team mate, the bird, when he says go and satchel that tank smile_o.gif.

thumb anim

Despite the horrific AI (esp. at the tank part) in the new video, I really like the way arma is shaping up. The "feel" and atmosphere is very nice...much more immersive than opflash. the whole feel actually reminds of wwiiol a bit, which is a good thing.

The sounds are impressive as well...not so much in the sounds themselves but in the simulated acoustics. The way the pitch of the chopper changed as it flew away was really cool.

In the new multiplater Demo from Magnum Land, in the selection screen, you can see USA, Soviet, and then what LOOKS like an Australian Flag?!

It MAY be South Sahra Kingdom flag, but then why would it have the Union Jack in it?

It would explain why older screenshots included ADF units.

Of course, it may just be a place holder.

whats going on with this place ‘Sahrani, .is it forever daylight?

why have we not seen a nice screen of Sahrani at night?

I was wondering thesame for a couple of days now too... only it was about rain tounge2.gif .

I hope the rain falls in a "cone" around the player, and if the player is fast enough (plane) the rain cone will get more horizontal smile_o.gif .

I was wondering thesame for a couple of days now too...  only it was about rain  tounge2.gif .

I hope the rain falls in a "cone" around the player, and if the player is fast enough (plane) the rain cone will get more horizontal  smile_o.gif .

yea you are right also in the climate of that type of island you would have tropical storms .

and dawn raids even with the small force of american troops on the island

maybe there saving it for us but seems strange no screeneys apart from bright day sunshine

Anyone notice the huge decrease on the view distance from that MP vid? That got me worried, i hope there will be a feature on the server to allow pre set view distances, rather then using triggers to set the view distance.

That new trailer is some good stuff, unlike everyone else i wont bother posting about every obvious, unfinished and very small detail but post more generally:

Technically speaking the improved engine looks great but they still have to optimise more (its noticeable).

The theme of Armed Assault still doesnt quite reach me has much has CWC did, modern day US soldiers (ACU), MH6 littlebird helicopters and 80's style russian infantry, Sahrani itself has a strange mix of vegetation and arquitecture that i cant quite relate to a real world location. (middle eastern, african or eastern european mix)?

I was sold before Arma was anounced and i like the graphics and all the improvements seen so far but Arma appeals to me more for those technical/graphical features than for the game itself, it all "feels" very generic confused_o.gif .

dunno if its good or bad..

<ul>1ÅŸ - I did not like the new video (160Mo) (doesn't look natural somehow, maybe the position of the weapon view and arms.. dunno exactly what's wrong..)

2ÅŸ - I do like the new pics.

Dunno what to think about ARMA from this new video..

Anyone notice the huge decrease on the view distance from that MP vid? That got me worried, i hope there will be a feature on the server to allow pre set view distances, rather then using triggers to set the view distance.

In OFP it's possible to run a script that collects all Benchmarks from all connected machines, to determine the best viewdistance.

So it's possible in ArmA too. Actually, just put "setviewdistance meters" in a soldier's init and you've got the result you want.

<ul>1ÅŸ - I did not like the new video (160Mo) (doesn't look natural somehow, maybe the position of the weapon view and arms.. dunno exactly what's wrong..)

Uhm the pics are taken from the same E3 promo? So why do the pics look good and the video bad?

Just what was it with that MP video? It is the most boring thing I've ever seen. Whoopee, let's use tactical view in the middle of a desert for 3 minutes and then reload for no reason once in a while. More to the point: It was disappointing how the reload animation still doesn't actually do anything to the weapon, and the reload animation is completely wrong for an M4 anyway. The desert didn't even have small rocks or weeds, and the muzzle flash in the iron sight view looked crap. Disappointing.

edit: since someone is going to complain, yes it's work-in-progress, but this just looked like OFP.

edit2: I was wondering what "fixed aim" people were talking about and watched it again, and holy shit. This could be bad.

-Fixed Aim (It quite nicely shows how one is reduced from a soldier to a floating camera thanks to fixed aim by the way).Needs Removing

If you don't like it, just turn it off.

Are you sure it's optional ? Can you point us to a reliable source ?

I hope you're right, and i also hope it's not only client side, i mean, this would be quite unbalanced if in a MP game people could chose to have this fixed aim and just put a marker on their monitor to show the aim when crosshair isn't visible.

just my .02€

heheh why do the people that play these snide half made demos play it so bad .

lets all stand behind a bush and pretend we are a tree rofl.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
@ May 20 2006,20:59)]Are you sure it's optional ? Can you point us to a reliable source ?

Well, not really. But in some vids the view has been fixed and in some vids it hasn't. And I can't see any reason at all for BIS to remove it completely.

the crosshair doesnt move anymore unlike ofp! this is bad confused_o.gif please dont keep it like that bis

Uhm the pics are taken from the same E3 promo? So why do the pics look good and the video bad?

don't know exactly..

maybe the colors in this* following pics the color looks more real and natural then the colors we see in the video, maybe thats it.. maybe the animations are boring don't know for sure...

this*

pic 1, pic 2, pic 3, pic 4, pic 5

This Pics (maybe color) look more real and natural then the rest from the pic's link

PS- <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>There are 2 New videos</span>

<ul><span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>VIDEO DEMO 1 (160mb)</span> -> this looks crappy and not natural.

<span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>VIDEO MP DEMO 2 (25.5 MB)</span> -> this looks more natural and realistic!!!

Guest Ti0n3r

Meh, they've messed up the command system. I'll have to mod it the day I get ArmA. Btw, that's one hell of a noob biggrin_o.gif