Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Yup I edited my post because I had just assumed you were talking about the E3 Video which shows another inlet on the South Coast.

Looking at the google earth pic I've quickly highlighted what might be that feature.

arma_thingy.jpg

Against the opposing army that is being trained by russian Spetsnaz. (do I sense irony?) tounge2.gif

If there are no Russians on the island what general in his right mind would invade the south when he knows theres US forces stationed there. Surely he would know when the Americans were due to leave the island then start the invasion.

No wonder the campaign is only 12 missions. It would only take 48 hours to repel the invasion from such a stupid tactical mistake.

If there are no Russians on the island what general in his right mind would invade the south when he knows theres US forces stationed there. Surely he would know when the Americans were due to leave the island thus start the invasion.

That is precisely the scenario in Armed Assault. The US forces withdraw, leaving just a handful of men behind and the North then start the invasion. I've read that in just about every Arma interview that has been done.

Not to mention that what Russian President in their right mind would openly go up against the US? They have no interest in restarting the Cold War. Yes the Russians aren't always on the same side as the US in the modern world, but they have been careful to avoid direct conflict with the West and vice-versa. Russian aid to the DRS would likely be limited to weapons and unofficial training (meaning Russian soldiers out of uniform in a strictly non-combatent role).

I read that the US forces are about to withdraw when the invasion starts. Not have withdrawn.

If the US were there to train the southern forces why do they need to return. Was there training in vain and what were they training them for if it wasn't to protect there borders from such an invasion. And if the US deemed it nesescary to train the southern forces they must have known an invasion was forthcoming. So why withdraw. And when have US forces ever withdrawn troops from a soon to be capatalist country.

I read that the US forces are about to withdraw when the invasion starts. Not have withdrawn.

If the US were there to train the southern forces why do they need to return. Was there training in vain.

Read back through a few of the interviews, I think the Placebo ones in particular. It was made clear that the US will have already withdrawn the majority of it's troops leaving about 100 behind to turn out the lights. It's the speed and suprise of the Northern attack which means the South Sahrani army is unable to cope.

Remember that we're talking about the US here. They don't train foreign armies out of the goodness in their heart or long-standing historical ties. They do so to protect a trade or millitary relationship e.g. The US see South Sahrani as a good place from which to project power/forces in a time of war, like the US relationship with Turkey/Indonesia etc

In the case of South Sahrani it would appear to be oil which the US wish to protect and they won't turn their backs on that investment so quickly. Especially as it would likely be US companies operating those wells. They would fight to protect those interests.

Edit: In response to your edited question. The US will train a foreign army as a gesture of diplomatic goodwill. They wish for Oil contracts to go to American Companies so in return they offer millitary training and armaments. They don't have to forsee an impending invasion.

South Sahrani is already a capitalist country. It's their Northern neighbours who are not.

Yup I edited my post because I had just assumed you were talking about the E3 Video which shows another inlet on the South Coast.

Looking at the google earth pic I've quickly highlighted what might be that feature.

[mg]http://images.actiongames.co.uk/arma_thingy.jpg[/mg]

I don’t think so GBee. If you notice that the terrain is desert and not green in the short 'chopper video'. If I were to hazard a guess it would be one of these inlets/rivers on the east coast here:

inlets_sahra.jpg

One thing for sure though ... it seems ejecting from choppers is still in!  whistle.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Please register, you don't have enough rights to view this page.

How stingy mad_o.gif

is this a river or a small island  below a big island and joined with bridges and sea runs between ?

are the north and south islands that close :0 ??

video

That's VBS1 + Terrain Pack 3 mate, not ArmA.

Guest Ti0n3r
you 100% on that?

It's VBS1.

If I were to hazard a guess it would be one of these inlets/rivers on the east coast here.

The video shows a large city on both sides of the water where there isn't one on the satellite image of those inlets. We have also already seen those inlets in the 16 min video from E3.

The itself city looks like it's incomplete, compared to the other stuff we've seen it's lacking the finer details.

Edit: If it is VBS, as I had earlier wondered, that might explain the apparent lack of detail I had mentioned.

P.S. Although still in alpha, I wonder if the ejection/parachute stuff will be improved to the same quality as the rest of the game. The old OFP parachute has aged badly.

It was already like that im afraid, as far as the vbs rumours are concerned Id have a look at say, the vehicles, the terrain, the ocean? smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Horrible compression! crazy_o.gif

So what does the video show? Anything worth to note?

Well I would mirror it but it won't even let me login properly to download the original.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.enki/jammydodger/armed-assault-zone.com/infusions/professional_download_panel/download.php:1) in /home/.enki/jammydodger/armed-assault-zone.com/maincore.php on line 148

ok calm down smile_o.gif.

i am sure the vbs stuff is just place holder stuff. the video is from victor bocans interview on game page "Rozhovor - o Armed Assault." << dont know czech

buffer the film on to about 15 minutes.

here

Horrible compression! crazy_o.gif

So what does the video show? Anything worth to note?

Nope, it looks like that old build again (Remember that first video where you could see all those soldiers running, filmed from within a chopper?) tounge2.gif

It also contains some old placeholders from OFPE, and the old OFP anims.

And it looked like you could turn your gun even further without turning your body then in OFP...

Only the last few seconds seem to be from the latest version.

Seriously, if people start discussing this old video and going to point bugs/other stuff out im going to massacre everyone on this forum  crazy_o.gif

I edited this post several times to add some things, so i know about the random placement of crap rofl.gif

That would be a slow massacre, "ok X lives in Bucharest, lets buy the plane ticket..." 2 weeks later "ok next one, Y, lives in... Los Angeles huh.gif".

you 100% on that?

Yes. Quite sure:

http://vbs.ofp-popo.com/screens/tp3/tp3_72.jpg

You can tell from the colour of the water, the view distance and the fact that the terrain's very flat (nowhere on Sahrani looks like it has such a large expanse of flat desert).

The sequence from 3:25-4:01 of this 'new' ArmA video is footage of VBS1, not VBS1 stuff being used in ArmA or anything like that. IIRC, the same footage was shown during the last Czech TV video (the one with Ondrej's awesome hair) when they're explaining how BIS/BIA have developed from OFP to VBS1 for the military, and how ArmA, VBS2 and Game 2 are progressing from that. Victor is probably explaining something about VBS1's influence on ArmA's development while this sequence is played in the interview, but I'm not sure since I don't speak Czech.

The rest of the video appears to be fairly dated footage of Armed Assault: the animations are the old ones, troops are wearing US woodland BDUs (they look like they're directly from OFP:E) and the scenario shown in the video is a mix of stuff seen in much earlier videos we had on ArmA. The bit where they land the helicopter on the beach is more footage from the scenario shown in the very very first ArmA video that was released months ago.

is being trained by russian Spetsnaz.

Where did you pull that from?

My rear.

That.. Was a joke. smile_o.gif