Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Jumping out of chopper is still there (when u r a pilot, what a waste of money to the army for lost chopper crazy_o.gif ).

The other thing is zoom, how come u can see closer objects when u press zoom in normal position, is there something magical in those soldiers that they have "in-built" binoculars in their heads?

Hi all

In the latest interview with Viktor Bocan, Armed Assault project manager, shown on Gamepage. Download at OFP Info

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?newlang=eng

You can see waves crashing into the coast in spectacular way. Creating a big splash and spray.

Go 3 min 10 seconds into the video. The compression on the video is not great but it is a quick download.

Kind Regards Walker

I love that scence with the hind flying over the river and city. LOOKS SOO GOOD. yay.gif

I think that the waves and the flight over the city are Game2 footage, though i'd be happy to be proved wrong!

I think that the waves and the flight over the city are Game2 footage, though i'd be happy to be proved wrong!

Damned, why dont you all read 1 page back! Its already posted, the first part is from an OLD ArmA version, and after that its VBS1! Only the last 5 seconds are from the current last build we saw. banghead.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Sometimes I find it funny how people are having a hard time telling what's ArmA, Game2 or VBS1 nener.gif

Sometimes I find it funny how people are having a hard time telling what's ArmA, Game2 or VBS1 nener.gif

Well, he was probably speaking about this movie, which was linked before:

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/vysilani/1095870977-game-page/21498.html

The part about ArmA is since 14:30 and about 17:55 there`s a Hind flying over a city and a river. At least we have a city which isn`t 10 buildings big  notworthy.gif

i believe this video have 3 months or even more.

Imagine how is ArmA atm.. wink_o.gif

GO BIS! inlove.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
@ May 18 2006,00:20)]The part about ArmA is since 14:30 and about 17:55 there`s a Hind flying over a city and a river. At least we have a city which isn`t 10 buildings big notworthy.gif

The hind part is VBS1 with Terrain pack 3.

@ May 18 2006,00:20)]The part about ArmA is since 14:30 and about 17:55 there`s a Hind flying over a city and a river. At least we have a city which isn`t 10 buildings big  notworthy.gif

Really confused_o.gif

So i don`t get it why the make a tv programm about ArmA and show VBS1 ... eh

@ May 18 2006,00:35)]
@ May 18 2006,00:20)]The part about ArmA is since 14:30 and about 17:55 there`s a Hind flying over a city and a river. At least we have a city which isn`t 10 buildings big  notworthy.gif

Really  confused_o.gif

So i don`t get it why the make a tv programm about ArmA and show VBS1 ... eh

Maybe because it was an interview with Viktor Bocan? Earlier projects are shown a lot when interviews are made.

You can see waves crashing into the coast in spectacular way. Creating a big splash and spray.

I am afraid the splash is caused by the littlebird flying over the water and not cause of the waves confused_o.gif. Although it would be a very nice feature to have indeed, which would add a lot to the atmosphere of the game.

@ May 17 2006,22:02)]Jumping out of chopper is still there (when u r a pilot, what a waste of money to the army for lost chopper crazy_o.gif ).

The other thing is zoom, how come u can see closer objects when u press zoom in normal position, is there something magical in those soldiers that they have "in-built" binoculars in their heads?

Thats one of the freedom choices of OFP,you can make it realistic and stay in your chopper or you can fly somewhere and be an ass an bail out with no problem. They could get rid of this,yes,but then if you took alot of damage you couldn't bail out.........come to think of it...do helicopter pilots even carry parachutes?

If there are no Russians on the island what general in his right mind would invade the south when he knows theres US forces stationed there. Surely he would know when the Americans were due to leave the island thus start the invasion.

That is precisely the scenario in Armed Assault. The US forces withdraw, leaving just a handful of men behind and the North then start the invasion. I've read that in just about every Arma interview that has been done.

Not to mention that what Russian President in their right mind would openly go up against the US? They have no interest in restarting the Cold War. Yes the Russians aren't always on the same side as the US in the modern world, but they have been careful to avoid direct conflict with the West and vice-versa. Russian aid to the DRS would likely be limited to weapons and unofficial training (meaning Russian soldiers out of uniform in a strictly non-combatent role).

Wrong. With Russia's increasing political, military and economical regain in power from their days opf USSR, Russia is very busy right now boasting and projecting its influence everywhere. Ofcourse they wouldnt officially send troops there, but they could easily send Spetsnaz there to help with special ops and train North Sahrani. Russia would be there for the same reasons USA is there, to keep their influence. I am assuming that Northern Sahrani was a big pal of USSR, and when it collapsed was left with nothing. Now Russia is trying to regain that influence in the region. Why you ask that Russia would try to work with a Communist government? Look at Cuba. Russia is very friendly with them today in real life, and they have sold weapons systems and even have a military base there! Its all about influence. Russia is busy trying to posture itself to show the world that it's rebounding from the 90s crashes, and that its ready to regain its status as the superpower it once was. President Putin isn't exactly a western style democrat, you could say he is an autocrat almost. He is not some USA suck up like Yeltsin.

Nice video though a bit old maybe? Hehe yeah russia could become a superpower if they tried to go more with the capitalistic side of running economy instead of the communistic system that didn't workedso well earlier. Russia's got some oil and stuff they sell to other countries.

Look at Cuba. Russia is very friendly with them today in real life, and they have sold weapons systems and even have a military base there! Its all about influence. Russia is busy trying to posture itself to show the world that it's rebounding from the 90s crashes, and that its ready to regain its status as the superpower it once was. President Putin isn't exactly a western style democrat, you could say he is an autocrat almost. He is not some USA suck up like Yeltsin.

Wrong. Cuba and Russia no longer have any sort of special relationship, and the Last Russian military base in Cuba closed in early 2002, greatly angering the Cuban government. I highly doubt if any arms sales between Cuba and Russia have been made since the demise of the USSR.

I am afraid the splash is caused by the littlebird flying over the water and not cause of the waves confused_o.gif. Although it would be a very nice feature to have indeed, which would add a lot to the atmosphere of the game.

yes, guba is right. it was caused by a littlebird´s downwash over the water.

what really makes me curious is the flight-behaviour of the blackhawk, which goes backward in (what i think) a different manner compared to ofp.

did anyone notice?

the loadmaster-simulation pressrelease says:

Quote[/b] ]Improved helicopter simulation. The default VBS helicopter simulation has been entirely replaced by a new, highly realistic model that is configurable for different aircraft types.

maybe we get a little chance of a bit of it in armedassault...

inlove.gif

Wrong. With Russia's increasing political, military and economical regain in power from their days opf USSR, Russia is very busy right now boasting and projecting its influence everywhere. Ofcourse they wouldnt officially send troops there, but they could easily send Spetsnaz there to help with special ops and train North Sahrani. Russia would be there for the same reasons USA is there, to keep their influence. I am assuming that Northern Sahrani was a big pal of USSR, and when it collapsed was left with nothing. Now Russia is trying to regain that influence in the region. Why you ask that Russia would try to work with a Communist government? Look at Cuba. Russia is very friendly with them today in real life, and they have sold weapons systems and even have a military base there! Its all about influence. Russia is busy trying to posture itself to show the world that it's rebounding from the 90s crashes, and that its ready to regain its status as the superpower it once was. President Putin isn't exactly a western style democrat, you could say he is an autocrat almost. He is not some USA suck up like Yeltsin.

Lets not comment on Geopolitical conspiracy theories let alone assert opinions. You want to talk politics, run at the next election.

yes, guba is right. it was caused by a littlebird´s downwash over the water.

what really makes me curious is the flight-behaviour of the blackhawk, which goes backward in (what i think) a different manner compared to ofp.

did anyone notice?

Quote[/b] ]Improved helicopter simulation. The default VBS helicopter simulation has been entirely replaced by a new, highly realistic model that is configurable for different aircraft types.

inlove.gif

Guys, Guys!

the video is old, at least that littlebird's downwash!

remember the first video we saw about ArmA? The First nterview we saw already had that littlebird's downwash in the video. Its exactly the same video, the same graphics, same sequence.

Im preaty sure ArmA is much more advanced at this stage. So don't worry about old videos too much. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So don't worry about old videos too much.

guba and i were just correcting walker that the old downwash was the old downwash and not water spray wink_o.gif

however i do still think the blackhawk moves differently in the air.

i´d really like to see video footage of a chopper moving in to unload troops. it´d really crack me up if the choppers would still ascend before they finally touch the ground.

All, not sure if youve seen this one yet.

It's from E3.

E3 vid from ofp.info

If you listen to the questions and replies over the background din, you'll notice that the BIS guy says ArmA has '3 months' of development left!

I can't remember at what point this is mentioned, i think it's after half way through.

3 more months!! God damn it!

It's from E3.

E3 vid from ofp.info

If you listen to the questions and replies over the background din, you'll notice that the BIS guy says ArmA has '3 months' of development left!

I can't remember at what point this is mentioned, i think it's after half way through.

3 more months!! God damn it!

i think you mean at 00:10:15 <-> 00:10:50 mins

It's from E3.

It has its own 15 page discussion thread, very hard to miss, please look around before posting something to avoid any confusion.

did anyone notice?

inlove.gif

Indeed, that caught my attention as well. The flight model in OFP:E was improved as well, but that chopper seemed to be effected more realistically by gravity than ones with the improvements from OFP:E.

Uh huh! Looks good, eh. I wonder what the grenades will be like... whether they will bounce (I don't think so, myself - pessimist)... it's nice to see the physics engine doing its job well, however.

Another thing I'm ecstatic about -

If the stock standard BIS units are high poly, like we're seeing, doesn't this mean the AA will be kind of "ready" for addons, as in, people can bring in their uber-SEALs + uber-M1A2s without causing massive lag, seeing as the normal units are high quality already?