Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

I'm not talking MP- only SP. If the game truly has advanced AI, enemy soldiers positions wont be given away, because they won't be in the same spot next time. I just think it's cool to see were I erred in my strategy, by getting a replay.

Wait... did you ever play OFP? The AI already walk where they want tounge2.gif

I'm not talking MP- only SP. If the game truly has advanced AI, enemy soldiers positions wont be given away, because they won't be in the same spot next time. I just think it's cool to see were I erred in my strategy, by getting a replay.

Wait... did you ever play OFP? The AI already walk where they want tounge2.gif

Yes I know.

I was responding to someone's fear that a "replay feature" would expose where certain players are hiding. It's clear that some of us are talking about MP, where is I'm only concerned with single-Player.

I loved that OFP, panned to the soldier who killed you, I'm just passing along my "hope" that a fully dynamic replay feature would be cool after your either killed or completed the mission.

4 crew in western tanks,"not frensh, if it happens to be a frensh tank in game" 3 crew in russian tanks, AT-missiles that can be used by AI in russian tanks. and radar,Ir, Laser scan beyond view distance.

I would really like to see some hand to hand combat abilities introduced. So that when you get the chance to do a black op mission you can sneak up behind an enemy and finish them off 'Metal Gear Solid' style, drag em away, bleed them quietly. Mmmmm whistle.gif

I would liked ArmedAss to have multiple controller(gamepad,joystick,etc) configs for different vehicle classes, including separate horizontal-vertical sensitivity and deadzone settings. An aircraft's throttle should not be as sensitive as a helicopter's collective. The POV control should have a lock and release. A dual gamepad should use the second controller for targeting(turret) control in manual fire modes. The list goes on...

I would really like to see some hand to hand combat abilities introduced. So that when you get the chance to do a black op mission you can sneak up behind an enemy and finish them off 'Metal Gear Solid' style, drag em away, bleed them quietly. Mmmmm whistle.gif

knife fights would rock

I would really like to see some hand to hand combat abilities introduced. So that when you get the chance to do a black op mission you can sneak up behind an enemy and finish them off 'Metal Gear Solid' style, drag em away, bleed them quietly. Mmmmm  whistle.gif

knife fights would rock

Knife fights are cool as hell in Steven Segal movies, but I really don't see how they would fit into ArmA. Knifes are no longer used as combat weapons in the modern battlefield, and in 5 years of playing OFP I have never ever wished that my character had a knife handy.

It's a question of priorities, and I personally don't think that the development time that would go into the implementation of the knife interface would ever pay off. Quite simply, most players would have no practical use for them.

BTW, haven't we had this discussion before?

Peace,

DreDay

knife fights would rock

Knife fights are cool as hell in Steven Segal movies, but I really don't see how they would fit into ArmA. Knifes are no longer used as combat weapons in the modern battlefield, and in 5 years of playing OFP I have never ever wished that my character had a knife handy.

It's a question of priorities, and I personally don't think that the development time that would go into the implementation of the knife interface would ever pay off. Quite simply, most players would have no practical use for them.

BTW, haven't we had this discussion before?

Peace,

DreDay

Ive played OFP multiplayer since late 2001. There were numerous moments where I wish I had knife. Especially when taking flags. If you kill flag camper then everyone will be alerted thus screwing up your cover.

Ive played OFP multiplayer since late 2001. There were numerous moments where I wish I had knife. Especially when taking flags. If you kill flag camper then everyone will be alerted thus screwing up your cover.

Very true plenty of times Ive been behind campers that deserve a stab smile_o.gif.

i dont think i knife will ever loose its place on the battlefield.

1 thing i would like was if craters made by tanks and grenades actualy scared the battlefield permenantly , instead if just having an effect .

This would give players the satisfaction of changing the world they are in , and in games like cti people could see where serious firefights happened

Hmmm, why not use the silenced guns for that? I mean, if you just want to embarrass the camper, than why not ask for a baseball bat? I would think that it would be more satisfying than a knife.

Personally, I find the knife to be too BF2ish. I mean if it is not likely to be used in the real life, it has no place in OFP/ArmA either….

Peace,

DreDay

Tank suspension. It appears they left it out, judging by the video released this week.

The ability to not have to "GET IN" a vehicle, but have the option of doing that, but also, have the option of say being able to walk around the back of a C-130 or a 737 whilst they are flying. This could lead to some unreal scenerios, such as a mid-air hijacking, followed by a series of demands or negociations. I've seen this implemented in a VBS1 video, some I've got my fingers crossed. So what I mean is, say you were in the back of a C-130, you could either walk to the door and walk out the door and freefall until you see fit, also, you could drive out the back in a land rover and para down to the ground.

Hope binoculars in Arma can have zoom (optional)

In the WGL mod the binoculars have zoom smile_o.gif

Hmmm, why not use the silenced guns for that? I mean, if you just want to embarrass the camper, than why not ask for a baseball bat? I would think that it would be more satisfying than a knife.

no,

I would prefer G36 over any silenced gun anyday but if I get a chance to kill someone in back Id like to have a knife at that time

I would prefer G36 over any silenced gun anyday but if I get a chance to kill someone in back Id like to have a knife at that time

Vistrel,

I think that you have missed my point. I was saying that modern day soldiers don't run around the battlefield knifing each other. If they happen to sneak up on their enemy, they will shoot them, pure and simple. Knifing is simply too risky, when you can kill your enemy at the stand off distance. In fact most modern infantry units don't even learn knife fighting techniques. Yes they carry knifes, but they are more of survival tools than actual weapons. That is why; I was saying that using a knife to kill an unsuspecting enemy is about as likely as using a baseball bat.

Now, Special Forces and scouts do in fact learn how to use knifes to take out sentries. However, they are much more likely to use silenced weapons at the stand off range for that purpose. The statistics from all recent conflicts show that knifes are almost never used. In fact, even pistols are used very, very rarely.

Peace,

DreDay

As morbid as this subject is, I think a silenced pistol would be better and if you carry no spare ammo for it, it would take about as much space as a knife.

BTW, The brits still use bayonets right?

And i agree with DKM Jaguar about tank suspension, it should be in.

I'd like to use following commands in the script.

setPitch

setRoll

setYaw

getPitch

getRoll

getYaw

Pitch, roll and yaw are important factors for units. With these commands, you can control planes, ships and submarines as you like. For example, when a battleship get many torpedos, you can make it sink even vertically with her nose up (In OFP, ships are just sinking horizontally).

Vistrel,

I think that you have missed my point. I was saying that modern day soldiers don't run around the battlefield knifing each other. If they happen to sneak up on their enemy, they will shoot them, pure and simple. Knifing is simply too risky, when you can kill your enemy at the stand off distance. In fact most modern infantry units don't even learn knife fighting techniques. Yes they carry knifes, but they are more of survival tools than actual weapons. That is why; I was saying that using a knife to kill an unsuspecting enemy is about as likely as using a baseball bat.

Now, Special Forces and scouts do in fact learn how to use knifes to take out sentries. However, they are much more likely to use silenced weapons at the stand off range for that purpose. The statistics from all recent conflicts show that knifes are almost never used. In fact, even pistols are used very, very rarely.

Peace,

DreDay

I agree with some things you said. Just don't forget that fun factor should also be present. And it's really enjoyable to knife someone in back biggrin_o.gif

How about a shovel? Just beat him down with one. /sarcasm

Its easier just to shoot the guy, rather than knifing him. Sure there is no fun to it, but u could always hump their body after. There is no other point to having a knife in ArmA unless BIS makes objects to cut... other than peoples' throats. If you want to make a mod or addon with a knife be my guest. Its just too arcade-like for ArmA, IMO

-Milkduster

Working M203 sights. Wasting your ammunition trying to calibrate your sights is a rather bad way to aim a GL wink_o.gif

i hope a t-905 with turbo http://www.metacafe.com/watch/114755/t_90s/

this tank shoulld eat a abrams its hooked up but russian tanks carnt kill abrams in ofp ? will the resistance have the  same weakness?

I am not sure if you are trolling, or you are just ignorant; but either way please stop.

If you are not sure why your post is pure flame bait, do a search for t-80/t-90 vs. Abrams... Besides, we have already had several threads discussing whether a t-90 should be in Arma.

I am not trying to do the job of the moderators, just trying to prevent a potential 10 page flame war that will kill this thread.

Peace,

DreDay

Here is a small hope/wish, something that could easily be done by an addon maker i think..

A medical supply crate smile_o.gif . It would be better than the mash tent because mission makers could place it where they want without having it look.. weird, in most cases the mash tent can look out of place and a crate wont smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]DreDay Posted on June 25 2006,02:58

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (tkokid @ June 25 2006,02:37)

i hope a t-905 with turbo http://www.metacafe.com/watch/114755/t_90s/

this tank shoulld eat a abrams its hooked up but russian tanks carnt kill abrams in ofp ? will the resistance have the same weakness?

I am not sure if you are trolling, or you are just ignorant; but either way please stop.

If you are not sure why your post is pure flame bait, do a search for t-80/t-90 vs. Abrams... Besides, we have already had several threads discussing whether a t-90 should be in Arma.

I am not trying to do the job of the moderators, just trying to prevent a potential 10 page flame war that will kill this thread.

Peace,

DreDay

Year is 2008 or 2010, im sure they should have it, or at least, uppgraded T-72, with modern ERA sutch. noone would be so stupid to set a "naked" T-72 to battle....