Sign in to follow this  
Universel

Looking for Addon allowing to draw on island map

Hi all,

is there any addon that allow user to draw some simple objects on the island map ? Basically circles, lines, or arrows.

This could be a very useful thing in multiplayer games (cti), to circle some area or to draw some vectors of attack. The markers are a bit limited for these tasks.

And of course only your team should be able to see the drawn things.

its good idea, needs some scripting,

vektorboson for sure could do it.

Via scripting? Nah, forget it. That for sure isn't possible. But maybe via an external interface... wouldn't probably be worth the work.

Forget it, wait to see if ArmA allows the scripting functionality. Then all we need is the addon tounge2.gif

Huh, are you guys sarcastic or ironic, or am I too tired, to understand this...

I think that this request should be very easy...

Though hardrock knows, that I've got already a project to work on  goodnight.gif

Easy enuff!...nothing complicated.

1. create a single sided face addon, give it resolution, landcontact, 1kg mass geo lod.option:- lighted for night or normal.

2. In top view of 02, print screen, go to a graphic program and create a pic of the arrow or marker. 3. change this into a pac or paa file.

4. in config, give it a static object class, and name the icon and map size according to its size in 02.

5. Voila!...in game you will see the marker either on the ground or mid height as you place it in 02 with reference to the landcontact. Not only that, in the editor, you would be able to see the paa and plan your ops to scale. No scripts required. Heck!..ingame if you need such directional aids, just camcreate it wherever u want.

Only 1 side view:-

slightly complex but not impossible. Add a memory point to the addon. In config, make it possible only those who are near it or within its radius, or only 1 side set by u to turn it on for 5 secs then delete it away - Ai or the opposite side wouldnt turn on or cant access switches!:-P

you got it all wrong the guys asking for an addon which will allow you to draw on the map in game not as a static object

it sounds like a very good idea for multiplayer, easier to explain tactics etc etc

wich someone could make this

i dont think it would be possible though but i may be wrong

I can't script to save my life, but isn't it just a case of using the "mouse click" method to generate a marker? Repeatedly? or can that not be done?  huh.gif

you got it all wrong the guys asking for an addon which will allow you to draw on the map in game not as a static object

it sounds like a very good idea for multiplayer, easier to explain tactics etc etc

wich someone could make this

i dont think it would be possible though but i may be wrong

hmm - just because you didn't understand what PC posted

you mean everybody's wrong crazy_o.gif

I give you 100 points for understanding the main question

in the thread though.

PC gave a full tut (spoken in 'o2' language) about how to

create an invisible static addon which will show up on

the map like a marker of your choice and can be made invisible or visible for certains wink_o.gif

Next time you accuse somebody of being totally wrong clean

the dirt in front of your door first confused_o.gif

~S~ CD

that would realy be handy.

click, drag, freehand style.

mark a spacific path around any thing on the map..

that is something OFP realy needs.

Daniel @ Nov. 26 2005,08:38)]I can't script to save my life, but isn't it just a case of using the "mouse click" method to generate a marker? Repeatedly? or can that not be done?  huh.gif

From my understanding, I believe it is not possible to create additional markers than the ones placed in the editor. You can change them in all aspects (size, color, shape, etc...) but not create new ones.

Daniel @ Nov. 26 2005,08:38)]I can't script to save my life, but isn't it just a case of using the "mouse click" method to generate a marker? Repeatedly? or can that not be done?  huh.gif

From my understanding, I believe it is not possible to create additional markers than the ones placed in the editor. You can change them in all aspects (size, color, shape, etc...) but not create new ones.

Kyle - did you forgot the 'mighty user'? smile_o.gif

Well you cannot create a marker by engine ingame,

but the user himself can do in multiplayer. And according

to which chat-type is up, they are visible for that type.

~S~ CD

Ive printed out parts of the original islands for this reason..

so i had a map infront of meh on which I could draw on. circles, lines, best approach, whatever... only problem is you cannot erase it..

so i had a map infront of meh on which I could draw on. circles, lines, best approach, whatever... only problem is you cannot erase it..

I think the more of a problem would be:

how to send that over through the network during an online

cti rofl.gif

just in case someones goin to say that - yeah i know about fax wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

~S~ CD

Laminate it and use dry erase. Its a pretty good idea for planning tactics etc.

You will be heavily handicapped if you don't have marker create functions. CoC NS can send stuff, but you need functions to create some markers.

In multi player, im not even sure if user markers are picked up by script yet.

Not worth it for ofp1, wait for ArmA...