Sign in to follow this  
OFP_PUPSI

WWIIEC: Anjou 1939-1944 V3.0

Loving this island, eh!!!

Just one thing I think you should change for 3.1 - for your main military base, use the Barracken walls (Brown, with the barbed wire fence on top). Looks both more realistic and more aesthetically pleasing.

Excellent work, team - you are all to be congratulated.

About the lag:

I run Anjou with view distance of ca. 1100 meter and detail of ca. 6.

It is running then with not too many units relatively smooth. It´s nice to view it with distances more than 2000, but then it really starts to lag.

But it is constructed for low view distances, and close combats ....

Thanks all for the nice the comments and reporting of misplaced trees. We invested a lot of time in the island and also the WWIIEC Team spent hours and hours for checking, but Anjou is hughe so impossible to check everything and I maybe also didn´t listen carefully to each bug reported by my colleagues.

Nevermind, main point is that you have fun with it too.

I have a problem with the AI every now and then when it comes to getting into a vehicle within the larger towns. They seem to get stuck in some places, mainly one crew member (of a crew of 3 for example).

The only other problem I have come upon is armor destroying Jean Christophe's stone bridge when going at regular to full speed. I think it is more of a problem with the bridge than the island however.

When it comes to lag I honestly can say it isn't too bad for an island of this size. It is a very nice island though, it has exceeded even my expectations, the atmosphere is perfect.

Good job Pupsi notworthy.gif

Pupsi;

As one island builder to another, I truly salute the hours and effort that have gone into Anjou, from the first version to the present.

Also glad to see I'm also not the only island builder that believes you never truly "finish" an island!

I know the pleasure and the pain that goes into making OFP battlefields, so thanks for Anjou, it is a wonderful island(s).

I think also people should keep in mind ...if your running y2k3,as soon as you put those tanks down,you'll get a big frame hit...been experimenting with this the last few days.Hope there is a solution,as this is PERFECT for tank battles.Pappy,anything we can do about this??

Yeah, i think this was caused by the high texture resolution on the new tanks. No doubt Pappy will look into this on the next patch/update. smile_o.gif

Oooh, I love this map. inlove.gif

what i've done is gone in and resized the orc t-80,res-t80 tank textures from 2048 to 512...so far so good...just have to see if I can do the same to the t-72's

I was playing Liberation mod with I44 units mixed in and I had none to very little lag with a lot of units.

WHen I use FFUR 2005 though..it's quite a big hit on performance.

This island is way too laggy

Oh BS!

It's too bad this forum is so full of people with computers and video cards that are 4 or 5 generations old nener.gif

One of the finest islands I have used for OFP yet. Flew around in one of the new littlebirds, great framerates. Stopped and got out to check out a bunch of cool places.

And I'm using Dxdll!

Acer Aspire 1800 Notebook

P4 3 ghz

1 gb ddr ram

ATI x600 64mb mobility vid card

This island is way too laggy

Oh BS!

It's too bad this forum is so full of people with computers and video cards that are 4 or 5 generations old nener.gif

One of the finest islands I have used for OFP yet. Flew around in one of the new littlebirds, great framerates. Stopped and got out to check out a bunch of cool places.

And I'm using Dxdll!

Acer Aspire 1800 Notebook

P4 3 ghz

1 gb ddr ram

ATI x600 64mb mobility vid card

Nice Island Pups thumbs-up.gif big battles on it will never be the same anymore with viewdistance 2500 wink_o.gif

"Flew around in one of the new little birds" rofl.gif

anjlb025ww.th.jpg

the island gives me the following error:

error loading data3d\plot_rust_brank_o.p3d (magic)

and the campaign doesn't find ec_m1911a1.pbo although i have it installed from the 1.11 us pack.

any ideas?

other than that, the island itself looks and plays great!

one request would be that at least some of those chateaus would be enterable (ie. that three story "city hall" type of building from ofp).

EDIT: i replaced the ec_m1911a1.pbo with the one from the 1.0 us pack and now it works so it seems that while rest of the addons used are from 1.11 the pistol used is from 1.0 version.

really like ur map esp the white snow peaks....added touch to the already immersive environment

gud for convoy ambush missions

Hey, started to travel by that great AEF train... felt like my country's real landscape sometimes. This is a very atmospheric island, congrats guys, and thanks!

i dont know if this is a known bug, however it isnt a bug in the island but a bug in the custom addons...

the bridges cant be crossed by vehicles....

they mostly get stuck right at the end of the bridge (especially if AI is driving) or the vehicles run really slow (and that means REALLY slow)

this is a bug i have found in other bridge addons too, so it might be a error in how the bridges are done.. (geo lod maybe?)

Great island. Nice & roomy, excellent for relaxing with CSJ's hovercraft wink_o.gif .

Pros:

-big and roomy wow_o.gif

-interesting places

-good design

-many cities

-many big, flat and open areas tounge2.gif

Cons:

-FPS always under 15, usually at 10 and lower sad_o.gif

So, otherwise excellent island (still got some searching to do... OFP crashed twice, so couldn't finish my recon ops), but the FPS is bad. DAMN. mad_o.gif

Hello everyone tounge2.gif

Thanks for all your nice comments. Nice to see for me, that you all have fun.

Also thanks for the constructive input about bugs, what to change etc...

I will all this keep in mind and add it to the next version. So I did from 2.0 -> 3.0 (coast line, mountains, civil airport etc....)

It is also good to hear that the "lag issue" isn´t that hard anymore. @Nixer6: I like your sentence ... quite good ones.

But I know, if you don´t have a powerful computer, it can be painful. I started with Anjou on a AMD1800+ and old graphic card. You should try view distances less then 1200 meter, play with the weather, DXDLL is eating a lot of resources (even it is a very nice work). I build Anjou with that settings and you should be able to play it then quite smooth.

With the bridges, yeah it is a bug. I have no clue how to fix it, as I have no idea about that O2 stuff. I hope my colleagues from WWIIEC can fix it in future. Or maybe there are some other bridges out there ?

At least I have some ideas about more "french styled" bridges (like in Saving Priv. Ryan). AH, still so many ideas.

Could you give me a clue, of what missions you are playing on Anjou. Do not care, if it is only the five minute editor work, your own small story which you have only on your computer, or something you are planing. This is just to get some ideas for next features.

Have you also been on all this little hidden places (the prison camp, small ruin nearby the canyon etc...) ?

Ok, thanks again for your comments and have fun with OFP and Anjou.

OFP_PUPSI

There is an official WWIIEC campaign released for the island. It includes 7 missions, and you fill the role of both infantry and airborne during the first 5 days of the Allied push into Anjou.

14.3 MB Download OFPC.DE

wow, a new version of Anjou

and a whole new campaign to try it!

I like the changes in the terrain (hedgerows, fields, more variety in terrain level, am I right?)

all very fine

PS: by the way, the campaign needs an extra addon eca_c47p.pbo which is not mentioned in the readme.

vielen Dank, OFP_PUPSI

Not sure why this topic stopped so suddenly but -

To the people who blame lag on old comps, based on flying around in one helicopter? Well, I best just not say anything, or else Placebo will pay me a visit.

I have 1gig ddr ram, a radeon 9800 XT, one generation behind, sure, but the best of said generation. It certainly isn't obsolete.

I am experiencing pretty horrible lag any time I try to do a cutscene - one cutscene only has 5 soldiers, a UAZ, a helo, a plane, and an APC, and it gets horrible FPS. The odd thing is that during the actual mission it isn't very bad at all.

sorry to bring this topic back from the dead, i didnt want to make a new topic anyway i just got into ofp and it looks azazing i wanted to try this campaign and i have all the addons but after the welcome screen when i click on the campaign it tells me

no entry "confg.bin/cfgworlds.anjou_SE"

thats because the campaign is running on the island of Anjou Special Edition, not the V3.0

do you know where i can find the special edition

edit: is that the one thats 17 mb and doesnt have the 3.0 in its name because if it is i already have that

edist2: thanks but i got it to work i got anjou_se but i needed anjou 3.0 too which i didnt have