Sign in to follow this  
Le Minh Duc

Vote for jumping?

sure.... i'm for jumping .... depending on ammount equipment you have and if you were running or wounded etc ...

if it prevent so called "bunny" tactic from other FPS ...

let say this jump is meant to get "ontop" of certain objects ie rocks ...

maybe also jump thru window or over fences like in Soldner smile_o.gif ...

Like someone else already posted, that was one extremely biased way of putting "words in peoples mouth" in the way the options where put.

No to jumping like it is implemented in BF2/CS or CoD. Its a lazy assed implementation of a usefull feature in those games so that it becomes an nuciance exploit instead of a good and usefull feature.

But it would be nice to be able to scale/climb over/through things. Also lean out from behind cover and to roll sideways on the ground like it is possible now through addons would be welcome.

lol! they way u guys say no to jumping makes me wonder if any of u had ever done the Standard Obstacles Course in full battle order - pouches and weapons...or the ranger's course with the addition of full packs. Aint no such thing as walking to the end of a 100m log to cross an obstacle. When u gotta jump, u jump! More so if you've got a dogface behind yer back screaming into yer ears or bullets whizzing left and right of yer, weighed down or no! crazy_o.gif

Edit: anyway, jumping has already been implemented on some addons thru scripts via the action menu, no biggie as you can easily do it yourself even with ofp1

Climbing, ok, but no need for jumping  smile_o.gif

EDIT: by the way, just make

Yes

No

Dont care

options next time, because i am not against realism, but i still dont want jumping tounge2.gif

People can jump in real life.

Putting it jumping thus makes OFP more realistic.

If simulation means anything to you, then you must put in jumping.

People can jump in real life.

Putting it jumping thus makes OFP more realistic.

If simulation means anything to you, then you must put in jumping.

have you been in the military?

tell me then how many times you jumped.

i can say, i never "jumped", however, i might have taken short leaps over creeks, logs, rocks and similar, but i never jumped...

try to jump very much with 20+ kg equipment including harness/vest, helmet, bodyarmor, weapon, maybe a rucksack, a couple of waterbottles/camelback and all extra equipment you carry (including ammo and grenades)..

i can say, you dont jump very well then...

and if you do, well, then you probably look like conan (or well, arnold schwarzenegger we he played conan the barbarian).

ok, small leaps i can go for, but no f***ing (sorry for the powerful word there) jumping!

it is NOT realistic with jumping soldiers.

Quote[/b] ]People can jump in real life. Putting it jumping thus makes OFP more realistic. If simulation means anything to you, then you must put in jumping.

Well you can also dance, make cartwheels, walk on hands, scratch arse, do some cool ninja moves and so on but there's no point in including them in OFP just because they're realistic.

Pointless....

Funny to watch some recruits trying to jump over small streams in combat gear. Most of them end up with bruises, the rucksack on their head or the gun or whatever in their face or other funny bodyparts.

This poll is as useless as jumping in combat gear.

No jumping please... we end like Americas Army.. where people jump to avoid the shots goodnight.gif

I vote for a system to exceed the objects and the walls.. like in Gta san andreas.. wonderful smile_o.gif

sorry for my bad english banghead.gif

Mp @ Nov. 10 2005,16:09)]No jumping please... we end like Americas Army.. where people jump to avoid the shots goodnight.gif

Yes its called bunnyhopping and it belongs in arcade games and NOT in OFP-type-of-games. There is no need for it in OFP and regarding AmericasArmy, on the new patch 2.5 they have taken measures to prevent bunnyhopping. Which has lead to alot of angry players that are worried about their fragrate which is really important in these kind of games...evidently. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, its easy to mod it in, just make a jump anim that plays when you press a button/actionmenu wink_o.gif

I guess the fact that most are against jumping even though the poll is as biased as it can be shows that the OFP players doesn't want jumping.

Jumping is great. It makes it hard for the opponents to hit you. If you use jumping in combination with crouching you can jump into tiny spaces such as tubes etc. I use this all the time when I play UT. Btw. UT stands for Unreal Tournament.

How are you going to bunny hop in ofp ? Combat happens at around 300 meters.

You need jumping to be able to move around parts of the map that you cant walk across.

And as for breakdancing, yeah they should incoporate it.

I'll bust a move right after I complete the objective

How are you going to bunny hop in ofp ? Combat happens at around 300 meters.

Can you explain to me what engagement ranges got to do with bunny hopping or lack of it? I just don't get it.

Guest Ti0n3r

No thanks.

Oh, and btw, you poll is not too objective, so I voted null.

well i'm sure you can jump with no equipment or light equip ... the thing is ... i don't want ingame typo of jumping affecting netcode (hitboxes) and i don't want bunny hop ... so it must take "equipment" load and fatigue (ie if you run like mad 100meters then u maybe do 1 jump e.g. to get thru window or jump over some fence but such jumps then end into "laying" on ground mode) then there can be jumps allowing you get e.g. on some rocks or low alt walls (0.5m max) ...

so like in real ... if You carry weapons and equip of 35+Kg you sure can't jump ... but if you got just pistol and some clips ... you should be able do limited ammount of jumps smile_o.gif

Jumping is great. It makes it hard for the opponents to hit you. If you use jumping in combination with crouching you can jump into tiny spaces such as tubes etc. I use this all the time when I play UT. Btw. UT stands for Unreal Tournament.

yeah...amen

Climbing through the obstacles and windows with a bit more of the body consciousness (i think `thief`had something like this) would be really nice and moreover helpful.

Especially if it`s done in both stealth and dynamic mode...

maybe not jumping but some leaping and climbing could do the trick. I had a full gear march yesterday and I can tell you I didn't feel like a bunny at all. same goes with combat gear which is lighter but still heavy enough to keep my feet close to the ground.

Heh...bunny hopping around irl..thats a funny image,probably might get at most two jumps before you get tired or so,not to mention your fellow soldiers with be looking at you like you have a few screws loose.

Maybe, make a server option that can enable or disable jump?!

obviously in offical maps of official tournament jump must be disable, but in other maps you can choose  huh.gif

firstly lets assess the situation. What good is jumping going to have for AA? If you spot someone at 100 m and they just start jumping around to avoid you bullets, do real soldiers do that? No, they run and find some cover to shoot back. What some people are confused about is "jumping" being part of climbing over walls and through windows, i fully support that aspect.

I say no. Its stupid, unrealestic. If ya wanna bunny hop, there plenty of other games out there with jumping. Play vietcong on vietnam mode.

This afternoon I tested jumping with a bag. I put 20kg of rocks in my school bag and tried to jump, I fell on my ass.