Sign in to follow this  
LoTekK

Calling all combat photographers!

Great job... I can give you 2 pics of the EOS 1, back and front (I'll scan it from a magazine)...

As Llauma noted, the model, especially head does look like from a comic, one of the first things I noticed...

thumbs-up.gif

Well I went ahead and starting tweaking around with the head mesh, and fixed up a few areas that were sticking out. I als think that part of the reason for the cartoony look was the face texture itself. I had stuck a photo of my face onto one of Llauma's original textures, and I realize I had a really stupid look on when I snapped. tounge2.gif I've remapped the head mesh using Shinbusan's modified texture from the Llauma Head 2.0 thread (and done some slight color/contrast adjustments).

Anyways, I'm fairly happy with how it looks from front-on and oblique, but something about the side profile is pissing me off, but I can't put a finger on what. banghead.gif If anyone can throw out suggestions, that would be fab.

cpp-wip4.jpg

I also putzed around a bit with some headgear. I fixed up the helmet seen in one of the early shots, and also made a... a... a Stetson. icon_rolleyes.gifbiggrin_o.gif (I honestly have no idea what the hell came over me to want to make a stetson)

cpp-wip5.jpg

I'll do some more mesh reworking of the rest of the body later tonight. Any specifics anyone can point out, so I know I'm not missing anything?

@sysdevja:

Color me intrigued. I'd love to see what you've got up your sleeve for your SAS mod. smile_o.gif Will this project be available for VBS1? Not a damned clue, I don't have VBS1. tounge2.gif

@BlackScorpion:

Reference pics are always welcome. smile_o.gif I currently have a metric assload of pictures of the 1D and 1N, but I've been finding it very difficult to find pics of the stock standard EOS1.

It was the cheekbones, wasn't it? banghead.gif

cpp-wip6.jpg

Cut in a couple more edges to shape the cheekbone, and reduced massively. How's that then?

Much better. Looking good! smile_o.gif Strap a red bandanna to the bloke, a beard, VN tigerstripe trousers and a green combat jacket, and we have a good VNW journalist who can be there to cover the war. smile_o.gif This will be so sweet when it's released. Can't wait.

Never get out of the boat... help.gif

Whoops, lost the post I wrote up.

Managed to do some more tweaking on the character mesh, but nothing too exciting, just overall minor improvements to the body and head.

Finished up the EOS-1D model, unwrapped it, and slapped on some preliminary textures. Textures obviously need a fair bit of work, but it'll get there.

cpp-eos1d-o2.jpg

cpp-eos1d.jpg

Now I gotta hit the sack. goodnight.gif

Yeah indeed this is looking really nice!

wow_o.gif Just had an idea, is there a way you could like make a sort of a colour filter so you could make the thing fire "automatically?" like with the 10sec timer on real photocamera's?

I will use this ALLOT!

* mang I wish I could afford a EOS in real life, digital reflex camera with a good zoom lens would be great to have, currently got 6MP camera but not much zoom... sad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

We'll supply u with a vintage victorian camera to release too hehe wink_o.gif

Those half-hour long exposures will be fun to simulate biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

We'll supply u with a vintage victorian camera to release too hehe wink_o.gif

Those half-hour long exposures will be fun to simulate biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

rofl.gif

Cheers guys, thanks for the comments. Gavin, that would be cool just for the sake of completeness or something. wink_o.gif

manhunter09:

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to with the color filter bit (ironically enough, I don't consider myself much of a photographer, usually doing most of my shooting with my cameraphone whistle.gif ). Care to elaborate? Sounds interesting.

As for a timer, I don't know that that would work for a screenshot sort of tool, unless I've misunderstood what you're referring to (you mean the timer that you set so you can leave the camera on a tripod and run into the picture?).

Oh yeah, had a bit of free time today:

cpp-flash.jpg

If you see the flash, it's already to late... to say "Cheese"

biggrin_o.gif

(yes, I shamelessly stole that from someone's sig. But I can't seem to recall who's sig I saw that in huh.gif )

LoTekK, the photographer and the camera looks amazing! Keep up the good work! notworthy.gif

Thanks guys! inlove.gif

I need to learn to focus. I took a break from the camera to do a little bit of posing in OFPAnim (once again, using Sanctuary's backbone file as a base, thanks loads for that thumbs-up.gif ), and ended up with a stance that looks fairly convincing, I think. And then I spent the next hour taking stupid posed pictures and putting them together in a stupid collage. biggrin_o.gifwhistle.gif

cpp-pr.jpg

Y'know, eventually I'm going to have to say "Enough's enough" as far as the photographer mesh. Since I model outside of O2, it's doubly important that I just call it done and focus on the textures. Otherwise the damned thing'll never get set up for the game (selections, etc). tounge2.gif And I really want to get him in the shots instead of Williec's guys (not that those aren't great units, mind you). Think I'll give the model a final once-over tomorrow.

Cheers! goodnight.gif

about the colour filter it wasnt relevant I forgot to edit it out of that post. After thinking about it its not possible at al.

I ment a filter so you have different colours some phone camera's have that option, even mine does! wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

And about the timer yes I ment the set and run timer thingy!

LotekK,

will you make an easy tutorial how to make your own camera?

because i want to be near the battle with my own (dads) Canon PowerShot G6 xmas_o.gif

P.S. your work realy looks awesome man!

manhunter09:

The timer thing may actually be possible, now that I think about it a bit. I'll take note of it, and should be able to implement it once I get around to the scripting side of things. Seems relatively simple, actually, come to think of it. smile_o.gif

Y'know, if I figure out how to hook into the post options available with DXDLL, it may actually be possible to do some limited on-the-fly color filter stuff. I'll take a note of that one as well. Good idea. smile_o.gif

Gedis:

Quote[/b] ]will you make an easy tutorial how to make your own camera?

I gather you mean adding a workable camera that uses the scripts that will be implemented in this project? Sure, that shouldn't be a problem, I reckon. smile_o.gif And thanks for the compliment. smile_o.gif

Man, this addon looks awesome! I hope you will add a sample mission how to use the addon in the editor or in the game! The textures are cool too!

Heh, the hippy liberal photographer wears denim bell-bottoms. biggrin_o.gif

Good-looking addon! It'll make for some very entertaining cut-scenes.

Heh, the hippy liberal photographer wears denim bell-bottoms. biggrin_o.gif

It's what outta work dictators do. 7-Eleven wouldn't hire him. rofl.gif

Been sidetracked a bit helping with the head textures, as well as that ARH Tiger for the ADF mod, but I'm hoping to pick up the pace again around the end of the week.

It's what outta work dictators do. 7-Eleven wouldn't hire him.  rofl.gif

Y'know guys, dictators don't have to be crazed, power-mad, violent fools. biggrin_o.gif

cpp-wip8.jpg

@Bloodnick:

I'm not sure I see the need for animations for the cameras, though I'm definitely open to suggestions if you can think of any.

Though If you mean new character animations, then yes, those are currently being worked on piecemeal, and will be added with the photographer class.

@cl10k:

Go show off that Vodnik here, dammit. smile_o.gif

looks brilliant

the face textures are supplementing to a neglected age group too (older people)